Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 2] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

hondasam wrote: »
    The point is they have to get the database in order and to do this they need me to register my details. My name is on the deeds but they are with the bank until the mortgage is paid.
    Please tell me they cannot access my bank account.

Believe me - they don't need you to register - they simply need to confirm that the purchaser of the property (deed of sale), who paid stamp duty (your name - associated with a defined property), who claimed mortgage relief (your name and postal address), has or hasn't paid their tax - and then follow up via the info they already have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Ghandee wrote: »
    No!

It was an unfair tax, the household charge is a fair one.

Alastair has the luxury to decide which payment he will or will not make, based on, after his indepth, and lenghty considered opinion is fair or unfair.

Any of us, deciding the HHC charge is unfair, are wrong though. (according to him)

Go figure that one out:rolleyes:.

He can comeback with whatever smart assed smarmy reply he wants to this, but admitting tax evasion on this thread, showed him up for his actual intellect from the start.

He's fuming now that, his own admissions have let him down.
    And he looks down his nose at us??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

It comes as no surprise that they didn't want to be assaulted by some of the scumbags who were protesting yesterday.

No one here (any right minded person) condoned the irresponsible actions shown by a tiny minority yesterday.

Get over it Chucky.

It was wrong, end of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Again I will ask Alastair these 2 questions........

So Alastair,becsuse you didnt pay the poll tax...are you a tax cheat??

Why did you feel the poll tax was unfair on you,for you not to pay it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Whose idea was it to run FG delegates through the middle of an angry crowd with a RTE camera crew in tow???

That doesn't matter. It's a disgrace that they couldn't even walk through without being attacked.

• Advertisement

No!

It was an unfair tax, the household charge is a fair one.

Alastair has the luxury to decide which payment he will or will not make, based on, after his indepth, and lenghty considered opinion is fair or unfair.

Any of us, deciding the HHC charge is unfair, are wrong though. (according to him)

Go figure that one out:rolleyes:.

He can comeback with whatever smart assed smarmy reply he wants to this, but admitting tax evasion on this thread, showed him up for his actual intellect from the start.

He's fuming now that, his own admissions have let him down.

Heh - you're a funny one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

My name is on the deeds but they are with the bank until the mortgage is paid.
    If you paid stamp duty on the purchase or registered the change of ownership with the PRAI then they have your details.
    They tendered last week for someone to do the DB merge job, so they do have the databases.

Why wont Alastair answer my 2 questions to him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

alastair wrote: »
    Believe me - they don't need you to register - they simply need to confirm that the purchaser of the property (deed of sale), who paid stamp duty (your name - associated with a defined property), who claimed mortgage relief (your name and postal address), has or hasn't paid their tax - and then follow up via the info they already have.

They still need me to confirm it.

paddy147 wrote: »

I told you where to look - so I don't need to repeat myself.

• Advertisement

They might catch up with you in a few years then Sam.
    Cross that bridge when you get to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Why?

No they don't. What confirmation do they need for the TV licence summons (for example)?

I told you where to look - so I don't need to repeat myself.

You have not answered me.:rolleyes:

For the 3trd time of asking.......

That doesn't matter. It's a disgrace that they couldn't even walk through without being attacked.

People are very angry about what's going on, or haven't you noticed.
    I don't condone it but I can understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Not as funny as you it would seem.

Your half baked excuses to justify tax evasion, because YOU deemed it an unfair tax, although in the next breath you tell anyone on this thread to pay the household charge to pay up, because YOU think it is fair is, to be quite blunt. HYSTERICAL.

Comical Ali.

I do hope you hang around a while longer, your some craic lol!

He can't.

No they don't. What confirmation do they need for the TV licence summons (for example)?

TV licence? how many people never pay for a tv licence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

And you're a government stooge, promoting the government like you are, "it's all good people, just pull down your pants, second cubicle to the left"

When the fúck are you gonna give up this fúcking nonsense that this is going to services?

This money is going into the black hole which is the banks...., which IS why people are not paying........OK!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,891 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

steve9859 wrote: »
    And my tenants, who are friends of mine, are under strict instructions not to give it (they don't actually know my address anyway). Though any government, if they expend enough resources, would be able to find out the location of any of their citizens, they aren't going to find me anywhere on their databases, whichever one they use, whether it is tax records, or the records of a private company like the ESB. They are going to have to work harder than that - and go back to the original paper trail...which would take a while, and even then it won't have my current contact details on it

And if and when it gets added to the mortgage....sure what do I care. Compared to the negative equity it isn't even worthy of being called a drop in the ocean!

As a landlord if you have registered with the PRTB and as the owner of more than one property you have paid your NPPR it should be simple enough to trace you. If not you would be an interesting case for the Revenue.

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    Why?

why bother asking us to register in the first place if they have all the information all ready? I will wait and see if I get an invoice and I will post it here if I do.

He has about as much credibility as big phil after today's revelations.

I rent my place so I wont have to pay, I don't have a pathological urge to "own" a house.

That said, if I did have to pay then I would not because the government only recently said the money would be spent on local services, which is a massive crock of shi­t. They didn't say it was for local services when the charge was announced, only when people started to say they were not going to pay. Oh ho ho those wiley ol foxes in Leinster house eh!

Band of ****, they should be hung from their thumbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Has anyone mentioned Enda Kennys statement of 1994 where he said a tax on your home is unjust and unfair?

He has about as much credibility as big phil after today's revelations.

2 simple questions is all I asked,and there seems to be no answer or reply by Alastair to these 2 questions of mine.......

2 simple questions is all I asked,and theres seems to be no answer or reply by Alastair to these 2 questions of mine.......

His green dot is lit, he's probably thinking something up!!

His green dot is lit, he's probably thinking something up!!

I have family and freinds living over in the Uk for the last 26 years,so he might want to be carefull as to what excuse or reply he posts.

Not as funny as you it would seem.

Your half baked excuses to justify tax evasion, because YOU deemed it an unfair tax, although in the next breath you tell anyone on this thread to pay the household charge to pay up, because YOU think it is fair is, to be quite blunt. HYSTERICAL.

Comical Ali.

I do hope you hang around a while longer, your some craic lol!

My reasons for refusing to pay the poll tax are very well baked cheers - it's now a matter of historic fact how the poll tax was unfair on criteria that simply don't apply to this property tax. If you can't comprehend the differences, that's not my problem.

This tax is indeed fair (imo) -and since no-one has articulated any good reasons why it's unfair, my opinion is unlikely to change.

Why wont Alastair answer my 2 questions???

• Advertisement

TV licence? how many people never pay for a tv licence?

12% - but then the stakes are rather higher for property tax. I take it you've given over on this 'confirmation' guff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement