Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

Thanks! I hope it's easy to pass, really don't like the fact that despite getting the points to do pure Psychology (which were high this year, 520) I have to do 2 subjects i'm disinterested in! Would be much better if I could just do all Psychology modules! :( But hey, it's only another couple of months! :)
    Let me give you a little advise for Modern Irish Society and Thinking Sociologically modules. Although you hate sociology, spend as much time as you can on your essays, if you do well in it and attend all of your tutorials (+ do your presentation) you will almost pass these modules without sitting an exam. I remember last year I needed 0,25% to pass my Thinking Sociologically module because I did well in my essay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Thanks! I hope it's easy to pass, really don't like the fact that despite getting the points to do pure Psychology (which were high this year, 520) I have to do 2 subjects i'm disinterested in! Would be much better if I could just do all Psychology modules! :( But hey, it's only another couple of months! :)

Well surely there are psychology courses somewhere in the country which are pure psychology? And if there aren't, well then that's just a part of getting a psychology degree, isn't it?
    I actually know nothing about psychology, I could be talking utter rubbish...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    Let me give you a little advise for Modern Irish Society and Thinking Sociologically modules. Although you hate sociology, spend as much time as you can on your essays, if you do well in it and attend all of your tutorials (+ do your presentation) you will almost pass these modules without sitting an exam. I remember last year I needed 0,25% to pass my Thinking Sociologically module because I did well in my essay :D

Or do what I did and do it the night before! Still got a 2.1 and was sorted for the exam! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

I need to start going to morning lectures....

Jonah42 wrote: »
    I need to start going to morning lectures....

Join the club...

Why does the law department insist on making lectures compulsory to attend and then have them all timetabled for 9 and 10am?

• Advertisement

Join the club...

Why does the law department insist on making lectures compulsory to attend and then have them all timetabled for 9 and 10am?
    Exactly, same with second year law..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Join the club...

Why does the biology department insist on putting a lecture on a Friday, thus making it the only thing I have to be in for :(

Exactly, same with second year law..

It's been the same every year I've done law sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sleepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

How many consecutive lectures do you think is enough for a 1st year student to miss? Have English poetry scheduled for 4pm today and really don't want to go. Surely i'm not missing that much listening to a guy reading through a few short poems? This is bad. I am a bad person. I haven't been to an English lecture in well over a week and a half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

When's the new library extension open and most importantly will there be more plugs???

It's been the same every year I've done law sure!
    Actually they didn't take the attendance in first semester last year therefore my exams were worth 100%. I thought they made it compulsory second semester last year.. am I wrong?

Actually they didn't take the attendance in first semester last year therefore my exams were worth 100%. I thought they made it compulsory second semester last year.. am I wrong?

I meant the lecture times.

When's the new library extension open and most importantly will there be more plugs???

This.. It drives me crazy. MORE PLUGS

I meant the lecture times.
    Then I have to agree with you, but at least they were not compulsory :(

Sometime soon, and yes there will :P

I'm a content temporary tent inhabitor ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

How many consecutive lectures do you think is enough for a 1st year student to miss? Have English poetry scheduled for 4pm today and really don't want to go. Surely i'm not missing that much listening to a guy reading through a few short poems? This is bad. I am a bad person. I haven't been to an English lecture in well over a week and a half.
    Go. Definitely. Well not today obviously, too late for that :p But definitely go to the poetry ones in the future. I did that module too, and because it seemed like all basic stuff I didn't bother turning up for a lot, and when I did I was probably in the corner on Facebook

The end result was come exam time, I didn't know how to answer the questions, or what poems I was actually supposed to answer them on, and I failed that exam. Luckily it gave me a wake-up call for the rest of my exams and I managed a 2.2 at the end of the year despite failing that one

Don't repeat my mistakes; IMO you should actually put more work into this module than your EN150 one, because it comes naturally from the format of that module, you actually have to put the work in yourself for this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I already posted this in the other thread, but thought I might get a reply here.
    DylanII wrote: »
    How does the class rep thing work?

It said in the email that we had to get a signature from 20 people in the same course as yourself. Im a second year in a Major/Minor program. Would I need to get the signatures from people in the Major/Minor program or just the larger group - eg Finance, or would I go for Finance Major/Minor.

Also how do you know whos in your class to get the signatures. I'm a commuter, so I dont know all that many people which is obviously not going to help.

edit: There are only 11 students in my class.

I already posted this in the other thread, but thought I might get a reply here.
    Your best bet for that would be to e-mail Lorna/your faculty rep. Although as Lorna posts here, she'll probably see it anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

DB21 wrote: »
    Your best bet for that would be to e-mail Lorna/your faculty rep. Although as Lorna posts here, she'll probably see it anyway :pac:

Just sent here an email, thanks :D

Well, I found a list of everyone who is on my small course. There are ten others and Im pretty sure I can get them all to sign, if I can contact them all :P

Now I just need to find out if its by course ie just those ten, or by class so one for english, one for maths, one for accounting etc :confused:

Just sent here an email, thanks :D

Well, I found a list of everyone who is on my small course. There are ten others and Im pretty sure I can get them all to sign, if I can contact them all :P

Now I just need to find out if its by course ie just those ten, or by class so one for english, one for maths, one for accounting etc :confused:

I think Class Rep is per subject e.g. English OR maths OR accounting etc. but I could be wrong!

I think Class Rep is per subject e.g. English OR maths OR accounting etc. but I could be wrong!

Usually the way it's done alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Actually going to use the "Reading week" to study. Should of just studied from the get go.

marko93 wrote: »
    Actually going to use the "Reading week" to study. Should of just studied from the get go.

Having not slept in over 26 hours I think I should do the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Just spent ten minutes thinking about how to spell civilisation.
    I wonder about myself sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

M-Y-S-E-L-F

Just to stop you wondering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

If you are going to be sick from a hangover please don't come to college and get sick in front of me as I walk to the office..
    What a lovely way to start the morning, especially when not feeling 100% yourself.
    /grouchy Lorna

If you are going to be sick from a hangover please don't come to college and get sick in front of me as I walk to the office..
    What a lovely way to start the morning, especially when not feeling 100% yourself.
    /grouchy Lorna

Eww. Where did they do that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭purebeta

Looks to me that it might have been in front of her office...

Advertisement