Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

How so Joe wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed how happy DB is lately?

=_=

Also, y'all can eat my dust :D

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Paczini

I've just remembered what I used instead of Nutshells: Try the Routledge Law Cards
    Where can I get them? And are they expensive? I just bought nutshells for Constitutional and Criminal Law..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Paczini wrote: »
    Where can I get them? And are they expensive? I just bought nutshells for Constitutional and Criminal Law..

Same price or cheaper than nutshells. I got them in Hodges and Figgis. Defo get nutshells for everything else! These are just good for EU!

Same price or cheaper than nutshells. I got them in Hodges and Figgis. Defo get nutshells for everything else! These are just good for EU!
    I will get them instead of nutshells then! Thanks a lot for that. Btw did you find any of your old notes for Constitutional Law by any chance? I am really stuck on my super hard assignment and there is nothing in Nutshells that could help me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Watching Baby's Day Out, starring Joe Mantegna from Criminal Minds as the lead kidnapper

Mind blown! It's so good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

One more random question: Where abouts in the SU do they do the Student Travelcard express thing? Do they still do it? I looked in Friday and couldn't find it :(

I will get them instead of nutshells then! Thanks a lot for that. Btw did you find any of your old notes for Constitutional Law by any chance? I am really stuck on my super hard assignment and there is nothing in Nutshells that could help me :(

Working on it! What do you need?
    Daemos wrote: »
    Watching Baby's Day Out, starring Joe Mantegna from Criminal Minds as the lead kidnapper

Savage film! It's like the family film in my house we watch it so often!

One more random question: Where abouts in the SU do they do the Student Travelcard express thing? Do they still do it? I looked in Friday and couldn't find it :(

The Marys' office! Go in the way you would go into Chill but instead of turning right go straight ahead and you'll see the office in front of you by the stairs

The Marys' office! Go in the way you would go into Chill but instead of turning right go straight ahead and you'll see the office in front of you by the stairs

Thanks! I've a terrible sense of direction so it could take me some time but hopefully i'll find it! :) Is it as you go straight into the SU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Savage film! It's like the family film in my house we watch it so often!
    I was always fond of it but haven't seen it in about 10 years. I didn't even know JM was in it until now; it's hilarious watching him doing prat-falls as a comedic kidnapper, the complete opposite of his Criminal Minds persona :pac:

• Advertisement

Thanks! I've a terrible sense of direction so it could take me some time but hopefully i'll find it! :) Is it as you go straight into the SU?

Don't go into the bar, turn right and go through the doors there.
    I was always fond of it but haven't seen it in about 10 years. I didn't even know JM was in it until now; it's hilarious watching him doing prat-falls as a comedic kidnapper, the complete opposite of his Criminal Minds persona :pac:

Yea I was watching it recently and thought the same thing. Can't take him seriously in CM anymore!

Working on it! What do you need?

To be honest I don't have a clue.. Do you want to see the title? Maybe you will figure out what I need

To be honest I don't have a clue.. Do you want to see the title? Maybe you will figure out what I need

Go ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

kellief wrote: »
    How does one find out the rankings??

DB is happy cos he has ALL THE COFFEE in the world in his veins! :D:D:D
    Suppose that makes up for the lack of water on campus the other day!

Go ahead!
    PM or here?

PM or here?

Whatever suits you

Whatever suits you
    Here :D I know that there are many law students on boards so there is a good chance someone else will help if for some reason you wont have a clue what is it about :)

Assignment:
    In the light of The State (Ryan and Others) v Lennon and Others [1935] IR 170 and Moore and Others v Attorney General For the Irish Free State [1935] A.C. 484 critically discuss the relevance of the Grundnorm theory to events leading to the coming into force of the Bunreacht na hEireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Oh Constitutional. I don't miss you even one little bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

well he was/is Fat Tony

HEY ERIC, YOU MADE IT INTO YLYL

cartman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Right, I'm aiming for a golden week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

AND he's Fat Tony!
    "You have 24 hours to give us our money. And to show you we're serious, you have 12 hours."

Edit: just saw Thwip had said he was Fat Tony but leaving post here for quote.

Literally stayed up all night to finish an assignment. Still working on it. Have lectures in 2 hours... Do I go?...

Literally stayed up all night to finish an assignment. Still working on it. Have lectures in 2 hours... Do I go?...

nooo. Take the day off :)

nooo. Take the day off :)

But. But. Compulsory attendance and final year and meetings and fml...

But. But. Compulsory attendance and final year and meetings and fml...

I'm taking today off, but i've only 1 non-compulsory lecture.. For Sociology.. Which i'm dropping anyway.. And i'm in 1st year.. :pac:

I'm taking today off, but i've only 1 non-compulsory lecture.. For Sociology.. Which i'm dropping anyway.. And i'm in 1st year.. :pac:

Damn young 'uns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Definitely go. And make sure to ask the lecturer a question after class. The more tired you look the more incredibly dedicated they'll assume you are.

Then collapse into bed.

Anyone know how hard it is to pass 1st English/Sociology? I'm doing straight Psychology and hate the fact that I have to waste time doing two subjects I just don't enjoy in first year, so i'm literally looking to pass them and just work hard on my Psychology modules. If you did all your Continuous assessments and just crammed like hell before exams would it be hard to pass English & Sociology?

Anyone know how hard it is to pass 1st English/Sociology? I'm doing straight Psychology and hate the fact that I have to waste time doing two subjects I just don't enjoy in first year, so i'm literally looking to pass them and just work hard on my Psychology modules. If you did all your Continuous assessments and just crammed like hell before exams would it be hard to pass English & Sociology?
    Sociology is quite easy to pass if you put in a bit of work right before the exam, do well in your essay and attend your tutorials. Although I hated sociology last year (and dropped it anyway) it was my best subject.

• Advertisement

Sociology is quite easy to pass if you put in a bit of work right before the exam, do well in your essay and attend your tutorials. Although I hated sociology last year (and dropped it anyway) it was my best subject.

Thanks! I hope it's easy to pass, really don't like the fact that despite getting the points to do pure Psychology (which were high this year, 520) I have to do 2 subjects i'm disinterested in! Would be much better if I could just do all Psychology modules! :( But hey, it's only another couple of months! :)

Advertisement