Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Now that is impressive! Are you by anychance fufilling the nightmare I had in first year around exam time where I was about 80, still in college repeating and living in the Arts building as I had to sell everything I owned to pay my tuition fees :P ?

That good sir is no nightmare.
    I call it my impending reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

dr.quirky wrote: »
    That good sir is no nightmare.
    I call it my impending reality.

I may be joining you on that one , as I fear it may be my destiny. Alas September 5th shall deliver my fate.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

There is but one God.
    The god of failing again.
    And you know what we say to this God?

NOT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

and also not on September 5th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Seren_ wrote: »
    Imma beat you all by saying I was a fresher five years ago...

SNAP! :D

Although.....if we take into account the FIRST college I went to......it was 8 years ago for me!

...:eek:

1262_im_so_old_grande.jpg?1010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I feel so incredibly stupid!!! Woke up an hour ago with a banging migraine (story of ma loife!!) to an email from University of Maynooth, asking for my student number and password. Half asleep Kellie did so...then realised oh **** this is a virus, nuim would not make grammar mistakes...damnit!
    Emailed and called the computer centre and moodle. Now I can only wait until 9.30 and hope I have not destroyed our lovely website.

I need to be blonde again, I don't get away with this stupidity any more......

anyhoosers, back to sleep to kill this migraine and hopefully I will awake and this will all be a terrible, terrible nightmare......*wishes really hard!!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

SNAP! :D

Although.....if we take into account the FIRST college I went to......it was 8 years ago for me!

...:eek:
    Well... if it's FIRST colleges... 17 years.
    I failed everything in that place. Serves me right for applying for practical subjects instead of what I really wanted to study. I even had Maynooth on the CAO form but picked that place instead. Idiot that I was. :rolleyes:

There's gotta be someone around here who'll beat that easily. I graduated with a guy who'd just turned 80. Lovely fella, in the same class for three years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

kellief wrote: »
    I feel so incredibly stupid!!! Woke up an hour ago with a banging migraine (story of ma loife!!) to an email from University of Maynooth, asking for my student number and password. Half asleep Kellie did so...then realised oh **** this is a virus, nuim would not make grammar mistakes...damnit!
    Emailed and called the computer centre and moodle. Now I can only wait until 9.30 and hope I have not destroyed our lovely website.

anyhoosers, back to sleep to kill this migraine and hopefully I will awake and this will all be a terrible, terrible nightmare......*wishes really hard!!*
    First time i've heard of a NUI Maynooth specific virus????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

jpcarlow wrote: »

First time i've heard of a NUI Maynooth specific virus????

Yeah it's specific! A good group of people were caught by it. Computer centre hard reset my password and all is resolved! Silly kellie!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

DB21 wrote: »
    Really? Does working in McDonalds do that? :pac:

Your joke is bad and you should feel bad!

Yeah it's specific! A good group of people were caught by it. Computer centre hard reset my password and all is resolved! Silly kellie!!!
    Thats mad, hopefully they get the person

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Comedy Central show the same 10 South Park episodes over and over and over. If you watch them, you're gonna have a baaaaaad tiiiiime.

Comedy Central show the same 10 South Park episodes over and over and over. If you watch them, you're gonna have a baaaaaad tiiiiime.

Reminds me of the discovery channel one time on a family holiday in Spain. By the middle of the second week it came to where you'd walk into the apartment and someone would be watching TV and you'd be like, "which one is it " , then they'd be like "oh the polar bear one " or "oh its building of the Shanghai tower one" and depending on which one you'd either go to bed cos you hated that one or stay up and watch it for the 1000000000000th time 'cos you knew it was bearable! There were only five shows on , that played back to back so when I arrived back in Dublin a month later I pretty much was able to have a running narrative of the 5 of them without fail.

Go watch Pawn Stars on History. Staged as hell i believe but there are some people who find out that their stuff is worth 1200 then take 700 for it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

History Channel were showing repeats of IRT: The Andes at 4pm recently. When they ran out of episodes they just started from the beginning again

Go watch Pawn Stars on History. Staged as hell i believe but there are some people who find out that their stuff is worth 1200 then take 700 for it :P

Whale wars is also good for the staged effect too if you're into that

Whale wars is also good for the staged effect too if you're into that
    not into the staging just the humour that sometimes comes with it, but i shall give it a go

at least i learn some history with Pawn Stars ha. Though i love American Restoration. love seeing all that retro stuff

not into the staging just the humour that sometimes comes with it, but i shall give it a go

at least i learn some history with Pawn Stars ha. Though i love American Restoration. love seeing all that retro stuff

haha yeah I getcha whale wars is just manipulation of scenarios to present a biased and prejudiced view along with good editing....

haha yeah some of the stuff on AR is feckin deadly!!!!

haha yeah I getcha whale wars is just manipulation of scenarios to present a biased and prejudiced view along with good editing....

haha yeah some of the stuff on AR is feckin deadly!!!!
    Everything on the History channel is biased though :P

It really is, love to own some of it

Storage wars has to be horrendous though. They all just say what they think they could sell it for....never what they actually get for it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Storage wars has to be horrendous though. They all just say what they think they could sell it for....never what they actually get for it :P

I love storage wars , but they seem to over value furniture to fcuk , either they dont know what its worth , or it may be worth my while importing 2nd hand furniture from here to the states

I love storage wars , but they seem to over value furniture to fcuk , either they dont know what its worth , or it may be worth my while importing 2nd hand furniture from here to the states
    especially darrell...he comes across as an absolute idiot (i can probably get 2500 for that *holding flea ridden jacket)

• Advertisement

Everything on the History channel is biased though :P

It really is, love to own some of it

True though WW is discovery and it is woeful for it (if you type it into google you'll find reams of crap on the subject)

Never actually watched a full episode of SW was to mind-numbingly bored after 10 mins to solider on for the next 50 :P

True though WW is discovery and it is woeful for it (if you type it into google you'll find reams of crap on the subject)

Never actually watched a full episode of SW was to mind-numbingly bored after 10 mins to solider on for the next 50 :P
    but eventually it'll be history :P

Pickers is decent enough, mainly cos of the random crap you get to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I remember last year me and my housemates knew the script to some of the ads on Discovery they were shown that often.

Penneys have bags of the sour cherries from Haribo Tangfastics for a euro, errrrmahgerrrrrd!

especially darrell...he comes across as an absolute idiot (i can probably get 2500 for that *holding flea ridden jacket)

darrell and his son really have no idea , as for jarrod hes a smart man but his wifes a bítch and he has far too much of a hard on for safes, watched the entire 2nd season and they found more than 8 safes, only 2 had anything in them.

dave hester, he may be a cúnt , but hes the smartest one there and he actually does make money.

I remember last year me and my housemates knew the script to some of the ads on Discovery they were shown that often.

Penneys have bags of the sour cherries from Haribo Tangfastics for a euro, errrrmahgerrrrrd!
    I love the Duck dynasty ad simply for the zz top music

ERRRMAAAHGERRRD
    darrell and his son really have no idea , as for jarrod hes a smart man but his wifes a bítch and he has far too much of a hard on for safes, watched the entire 2nd season and they found more than 8 safes, only 2 had anything in them.

dave hester, he may be a cúnt , but hes the smartest one there and he actually does make money.
    Jarrod is good despite that flaw

Dave is great cos he just winds them up into higher bidding (though i do think his slogan is so drawn out it becomes almost counter productive for an auction)

Dave is great cos he just winds them up into higher bidding (though i do think his slogan is so drawn out it becomes almost counter productive for an auction)

go look at his website, he turned the whole YUUP thing into a brand, has clothing for sale and all.

hes worth a few million and has been doing this for years.

go look at his website, he turned the whole YUUP thing into a brand, has clothing for sale and all.

hes worth a few million and has been doing this for years.
    Oh i've no doubt that he's worth a buttload, i just think using an elongated word to bid in a quickfire auction is silly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

You should all be watching MythBusters (Even though the show has well and truly jumped the shark :pac:)

DB21 wrote: »
    You should all be watching MythBusters (Even though the show has well and truly jumped the shark :pac:)
    who says i dont watch it? :P

• Advertisement

I ♥ mythbusters :P they once made an aeroplane from duct tape :P !!!!

Advertisement