Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

Anyone else's webmail down?

Seems to be working ok for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Did something happen with the Maynooth Ball? Someone's not impressed judging by the post they left on the SU's wall

Ah sure howya Fearghal!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Thwip! wrote: »
    Ah sure howya Fearghal!

Proper gaeilgeor so he is!

Don't see you round these parts often these days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Proper gaeilgeor so he is!

Don't see you round these parts often these days!

Joys of a 40+ hour work week these days. Sure we just had a signing that had over 200 people show up, a few of whom queued since 5am... for a signing that started at 11

Anyone else's webmail down?

Not working for me this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

the guy with the hooves seems to be back in the library top floor again!, jeez he needs a dose of Alamycin LA i think.... one of those really annoying coughs!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Has anyone ever heard an announcement about a LIST session, thought 'wow that sounds beneficial', got up from what they were doing in the library and went in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

thelad95 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard an announcement about a LIST session, thought 'wow that sounds beneficial', got up from what they were doing in the library and went in?

I'm unable to study in the library, every time I sit down to start studying I hear a LIST session announcement and I'm compelled to learn the valuable skills on offer, such as "Web Searching - Tips and Tricks" or "Newspapers in the Library". I understand they're useful for some people but there's no need to announce it. If someone wants to go to a LIST session they already know what time it's on.

I was sitting outside the postgrad study room for the first time today, do they get a bit off their fees every time they slam the door or something? It's the only way to explain why they all do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh christ them LIST seesions are annoying me, can they not just let people find out for themselves whats on and where

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

Anybody know which university office you should contact to sign off on a county council's postal vote form for the referendum?

• Advertisement

How so Joe was home and didn't tell us again :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

How so Joe was home and didn't tell us again :-(
    How so Joe was in Limerick, actually. She would mention being in Maynooth.

... How so Joe was in Maynooth in January...

Well the Maynooth ball was a tad anti-climatic. All over by 11:30 and the darkness only played for about an hour. House party afterwards was much better craic.

I'd imagine the business ball will be better, that will probably go on all night.

Also, if it would stop raining then that would be great. I am very hungover and my stomach feels like it's full of gravel, the last thing I need is rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

Does anyone know what days department offices will be open during this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Does anyone know what days department offices will be open during this week?

Everyday except the 17th I'd suspect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know when the summer exam timetables are to be published?
    Your Summer Examination Timetable will be available in late March.

Advisory: Your Summer Examination Timetable will be available in late March. The exams commence on Friday 15th of May.

I got the above message on trying to log onto the online timetables, but was hoping for a more specific date..

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I don't think they ever give out an exact date until the day they're out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I just remember it was definitely during a lecture week last year that they came out..

Anyone know what being a student ambassador consists of? Just got an email about it now but I havent a clue what the responsibilities involved are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone know if you need a permit to park on-campus during the study week?

• Advertisement

Doubt it but don't take my word for it. Maybe contact security, they should no.

No permit needed this week. See here:

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/location/parking-traffic-management

I get so angry every time I see a mail about the new stupid email address.

Whoever approved this nonsense, I'd very much like to slap you in the face with a fresh mackerel. You're a moron.

mickstupp wrote: »
    I get so angry every time I see a mail about the new stupid email address.

Whoever approved this nonsense, I'd very much like to slap you in the face with a fresh mackerel. You're a moron.

I agree we needed more space but mumail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

When I was in the SU I got put on one of those committees they have to keep fools busy, the "Alcohol Awareness" committee or something, and they were throwing around ideas to curb student drinking.

One idea – considered in all seriousness – was that all university computers, when you log on, you would have to sit through a two-minute film on the dangers of alcohol abuse. No skipping it, and every single time you use a computer.

If you're ever wondering what your student reps are doing, it's this: stopping the never ending revolving door of preposterously bad ideas that are the product of the minds of bored, clueless people.

Those committees illustrated:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Someone should have explained operating systems to them. :rolleyes:

Hmm. I can still log in the old way, and send mails from my @nuim.ie account. Maybe they're just slow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Oscars Well.

mickstupp wrote: »
    Hmm. I can still log in the old way, and send mails from my @nuim.ie account. Maybe they're just slow...

I THINK you can still get emails sent to joe.bloggs.2012@nuim.ie and they will be forwarded to mumail as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

banquo wrote: »
    When I was in the SU I got put on one of those committees they have to keep fools busy, the "Alcohol Awareness" committee or something, and they were throwing around ideas to curb student drinking.

One idea – considered in all seriousness – was that all university computers, when you log on, you would have to sit through a two-minute film on the dangers of alcohol abuse. No skipping it, and every single time you use a computer.

If you're ever wondering what your student reps are doing, it's this: stopping the never ending revolving door of preposterously bad ideas that are the product of the minds of bored, clueless people.

Those committees illustrated:

the only way I ever saw student drinking being kerbed was in 2008 when a lad started selling a lot of yokes around campus, drink consumption went down but the pre portion of parties still on at 6am went through the roof.

• Advertisement

I THINK you can still get emails sent to joe.bloggs.2012@nuim.ie and they will be forwarded to mumail as well.

Despite having graduated I still have my nuim address. Someone in work days she tried to email me on it but got a bounce back but when I tried to email myself it seemed to work fine. I'm still getting plenty of spam on it too.

Advertisement