Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Unlucky Johnny86, it stings when that happens.

My team this week is.....

Retained players : DJ (c), Day, Reifers

Transferred in : Kuchar, Furyk, McGirt, Knost, Finau

Inactive : Beef, Garcia

Lots of similar teams this week, I'd imagine everybody has Day and DJ so it's a captain battle bewteen those two. I never thought I'd see a day I'd be picking Knost or McGirt but here we are!

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

William McGirt
    Ernie Els
    Cameron Tringale
    K.J. Choi
    Daniel Summerhays
    Jimmy Walker
    Roberto Castro
    Danny Lee
    Emiliano Grillo
    Jim Furyk

Wouldn't say too many have this lineup of duds

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

pooman wrote: »
    William McGirt
    Ernie Els
    Cameron Tringale
    K.J. Choi
    Daniel Summerhays
    Jimmy Walker
    Roberto Castro
    Danny Lee
    Emiliano Grillo
    Jim Furyk

Hope you're getting a good interest rate on all the money in the bank!

Johnny86 wrote: »
    Charley Hoffman withdraws.....:angry:

Was wondering what had happened to him - only Hoffman I could find was Morgan. Annoying alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Anyone else notice that this league has both the guy in 1st and 4th in the overall in it? Think they were 1st and 2nd last week.

https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/league.aspx?page=league&id=10900

• Advertisement

I'm fairly sure there are lots of people who have multiple teams in, the league with all the Spieth admirers particularly reeks, I just don't buy it that there'd be that many women playing the game.

Yeah - in one way, if you're going to all that bother then you're welcome to it but makes it impossible for the rest of us if someone if covering all the different combinations. It is one team per entrant in the rules - wonder if they could see IP addresses?

I know for a fact that the lad who came 9th last year has 5 teams in it this year. Tbh i'll be doing it next season

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Macduff Gardener

That sounds like some scoundrel is cheating. Surely not, I thought this was just a social thing - apart from coming in the top three of course. Paris is lovely and sunny - my wife enjoyed her birthday yesterday and I have Snedeker as captain. Just goes to prove "there's no gain without pain". Good luck for today everybody - I'll be getting dragged around Versailles.

Yeah - in one way, if you're going to all that bother then you're welcome to it but makes it impossible for the rest of us if someone if covering all the different combinations. It is one team per entrant in the rules - wonder if they could see IP addresses?

I wouldn't have thought so, the clowns running it couldn't find their own ass with both hands.

• Advertisement

pooman wrote: »
    William McGirt 59th
    Ernie Els 65th
    Cameron Tringale 14th
    K.J. Choi 38th
    Daniel Summerhays Cut
    Jimmy Walker 14th
    Roberto Castro 65th
    Danny Lee 77th
    Emiliano Grillo 43rd
    Jim Furyk 13th

Was wondering how you did. Nothing really came off did it, but worth a try. Might have been better to go with 2 premium players and 8 punts?

Ah ye cheers, was a good bit behind and went with a mixed bunch that I thought would give me a go, Tringale was my captain, just couldn't make that push on the back 9 Sunday.

For this week I've 6 subs and 9.5 in the bank so I'll be bringing in more of the big guns but not the top top lads in the market as I still need differentials - The lucky last as they call it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swanswan

anyone got the password?

Baltusrol

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jackboland

Anyone else notice that this league has both the guy in 1st and 4th in the overall in it? Think they were 1st and 2nd last week.

fantasygolf.irishtimes.com/league.aspx?page=league&id=10900

Hey guys,

First post on here, I felt I needed to give my two cents on the situation. I'm currently coming 5th overall so this problem directly affects me. I'm glad that somebody else finally noticed this cheating. I have emailed them twice about the league with evidence to this fact.

I'm going to link some screenshots of the 2nd email I sent them about... still awaiting a proper reply.

Let me know what you guys think, I could do with a bit of support! I feel like Dustin with the USGA at the US Open.. Thanks for reading and here are is the links to the email.

tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2mmry9&s=9#.V5fUz5MrJE5
    tinypic.com/view.php?pic=f1mpw9&s=9#.V5fVEJMrJE4
    tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z354d5&s=9#.V5fVF5MrJE4
    tinypic.com/view.php?pic=id9bo4&s=9#.V5fVHZMrJE4
    tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z3t5zp&s=9#.V5fVIpMrJE4
    tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dlj0af&s=9#.V5fVJ5MrJE4
    tinypic.com/view.php?pic=10n9wns&s=9#.V5fVLJMrJE4

Can't link them properly as I'm a new user, sorry.

jackboland wrote: »
    Hey guys,

First post on here, I felt I needed to give my two cents on the situation. I'm currently coming 5th overall so this problem directly affects me. I'm glad that somebody else finally noticed this cheating. I have emailed them twice about the league with evidence to this fact.

I'm going to link some screenshots of the 2nd email I sent them about... still awaiting a proper reply.

Let me know what you guys think, I could do with a bit of support! I feel like Dustin with the USGA at the US Open.. Thanks for reading and here are is the links to the email.

5th place, so you must be 'DeChambeau Era' ? I always wanted to ask what's the fascination you have with the guy? I believe you even captained him one of the weeks!?! Looks like a blind spot, but it's not holding you back! I'm not extracting the urine just genuinely curious!

As far as your problem goes, I really can sympathise with you, if I was in 5th I would be fairly pissed off how it's going down, I would 100% agree that it is happening, and I would not be confident on the crowd running it to be keeping on top of it, as someone mentioned earlier I was already thinking about next year with a if you can't beat em join em mentality and was probably going to enter a few teams. Interested to hear what feedback you will get from the organisers. Best of luck.

5th place, so you must be 'DeChambeau Era' ? I always wanted to ask what's the fascination you have with the guy? I believe you even captained him one of the weeks!?! Looks like a blind spot, but it's not holding you back! I'm not extracting the urine just genuinely curious!

As far as your problem goes, I really can sympathise with you, if I was in 5th I would be fairly pissed off how it's going down, I would 100% agree that it is happening, and I would not be confident on the crowd running it to be keeping on top of it, as someone mentioned earlier I was already thinking about next year with a if you can't beat em join em mentality and was probably going to enter a few teams. Interested to hear what feedback you will get from the organisers. Best of luck.

I am indeed, ha, basically I had him backed at 400/1 for the Masters because I'd watched him romp the US amateur. He was going well until the 18th on the Friday.. after that I just couldn't have him coming in for someone else and not have, given my team name. He's cost me alright, the worst putter on tour inside 10feet I'd imagine. Awful.

I hope they sort it out and remove the teams from those leagues, the evidence I've presented is pretty damning. Sent that email 3weeks ago at this stage. I mentioned the Jordan Speith Fan Club league in the other email too, but didn't bother following them up as they weren't coming 1st and 2nd overall.

I am indeed, ha, basically I had him backed at 400/1 for the Masters because I'd watched him romp the US amateur. He was going well until the 18th on the Friday.. after that I just couldn't have him coming in for someone else and not have, given my team name. He's cost me alright, the worst putter on tour inside 10feet I'd imagine. Awful.

I hope they sort it out and remove the teams from those leagues, the evidence I've presented is pretty damning. Sent that email 3weeks ago at this stage. I mentioned the Jordan Speith Fan Club league in the other email too, but didn't bother following them up as they weren't coming 1st and 2nd overall.

Yes, I remember he was added late to the list for the masters which I didn't notice until after the event having previously checked to see if he was in the game! Good player, I am fascinated by his clubs and how he plays the game but he hasn't done much since The Masters.

You say you sent that Email 3 weeks ago? That's a concern if they have not resolved it yet, have you got any feedback at all off them? 3 weeks is a major pisstake as it is but not really surprised at the same time.

Yes, I remember he was added late to the list for the masters which I didn't notice until after the event having previously checked to see if he was in the game! Good player, I am fascinated by his clubs and how he plays the game but he hasn't done much since The Masters.

You say you sent that Email 3 weeks ago? That's a concern if they have not resolved it yet, have you got any feedback at all off them? 3 weeks is a major pisstake as it is but not really surprised at the same time.

Yeh he'd be quality if he could learn how to get a handle on the short putts, Sergio 2.0. I made my changes early the week I had him captain, I knew people would see it, meant to change it but missed the deadline.

This was their last reply;

Query Ref - 251321
    Date Updated - 15/07/2016 16:32:23

Update Information :

Hi there,

We will investigate this and get back to you with a conclusion as soon as possible.

Regards
    Support team

Thorough.

• Advertisement

Yeh he'd be quality if he could learn how to get a handle on the short putts, Sergio 2.0. I made my changes early the week I had him captain, I knew people would see it, meant to change it but missed the deadline.

This was their last reply;

Query Ref - 251321
    Date Updated - 15/07/2016 16:32:23

Update Information :

Hi there,

We will investigate this and get back to you with a conclusion as soon as possible.

Regards
    Support team

Thorough.

I'd be certainly giving them a few nudges if you haven't already, maybe just a gif like below.......

waiting.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Fair play to all the work you put in. Very helpful and informative. Hope you did well yourself overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 decmcc1

Well as the admin of the Jordan Spieth Fan club I can assure you that everyone in that league follows golf as much as I do and make their own teams each week. May I ask what makes you think I'm a cheater? The fact that more than one member of a family has a golf team?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭paintitblack

Fair play to all the work you put in. Very helpful and informative. Hope you did well yourself overall.

+1 to this. The blog and spreadsheets made picking a team so much easier. Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 labadze

Hey guys,

Unfortunately there's a fair amount of money up for grabs and as such you get these chancers. I raised a similar issue with the game organisers of last year's rugby world cup. When I flagged it, it was evident that one person had the top 5 teams and 7 of the top 10. As it turned out he had 153 teams entered (at least). It took more than 3 weeks to get rid of him, as there was toing and froing between the party involved, the game operator, the Irish Times and their legal team. As others have pointed out though, given the dreadful record of the operators of this game to date, I wouldn't be filled with confidence that they will handle it appropriately. If you haven't already, I would contact the Irish Times directly. I did earlier in the competition when the operators were refusing to take action over the incorrect scoring being applied and this eventually resolved the matter. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 labadze

Hey guys,

BTW Jack, just sent an email to the operator urging them to investigate and take action (for what it's worth).

Good luck boys

Brandt Snedeker
    Branden Grace (C)
    Joost Luiten
    Jason Dufner
    Jim Furyk
    Cameron Tringale
    Ernie Els
    William McGirt
    Jimmy Walker
    K.J. Choi

3 unused subs, wasn't bothered tbh

decmcc1 wrote: »
    Well as the admin of the Jordan Spieth Fan club I can assure you that everyone in that league follows golf as much as I do and make their own teams each week. May I ask what makes you think I'm a cheater? The fact that more than one member of a family has a golf team?

My apologies, I just checked my original email and the 2nd league was actually "Straight Hitters", with the teams Fergals Fliers, Maireads Marvels, Helens Heroes etc. Genuinely just a mistake, I knew your league was up there all season and just mixed them up because somebody said something about your league. Not even sure about "Straight Hitters" but the "Golf Fans" league is definitely dodgy.

Cheers, Labadze, appreciate the support!

I've gone Day(C) as I presume most will go Rory. The real question now is where do I stand, 3rd or 5th?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 decmcc1

My apologies, I just checked my original email and the 2nd league was actually "Straight Hitters", with the teams Fergals Fliers, Maireads Marvels, Helens Heroes etc. Genuinely just a mistake, I knew your league was up there all season and just mixed them up because somebody said something about your league. Not even sure about "Straight Hitters" but the "Golf Fans" league is definitely dodgy.

Cheers, Labadze, appreciate the support!

I've gone Day(C) as I presume most will go Rory. The real question now is where do I stand, 3rd or 5th?!

Haha no bother. I'm sure you're all just jealous of the original Spieth themed names. ;) I hope you get a better finish than 3rd. I've been there or there abouts without really threatening all year. The guy who is leading my league has been in the top 10 and back out like a yo-yo but could never get closer unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Reports are that Jason Day is sick as a dog, hasn't played a practice round and was in A&E until 2am this morning.. I'd rather not have him. Could be why I'm 500th though :pac:

Advertisement