Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Woods is clearly an error, the password is Watson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,875 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

denis1501 wrote: »
    Woods is clearly an error, the password is Watson.

i got my weekly email
    they give the password out in it this week!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭josey_whale

FYI.. the only event next week is the RBC in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

FYI.. the only event next week is the RBC in Canada

Link to the current list of confirmed starters in Canada

http://rbccanadianopen.com/innerpage.aspx?x=exnYn%2B9lA9rI0Sb3%2FAWxwYEGDZa8%2BW%2Bt%2Bb04evJhWN8eF89N5joiiztF0NMevwmz

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Blog up for this week

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/week-15-the-openthe-barbasol/

In 37th at present - no Day, Spieth or McIlroy for me this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Does the barbasol count for double points???

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Is it double points for barabol championship aswell???

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Macduff Gardener

No - it's points as normal for Barbasol and the points for the Open aren't double either - they are only +50% i.e. 400 makes 600, 300 makes 450 and 200 makes 300 etc. etc. So you see not double anywhere except for Captains scores as usual - also, for the open, missing the cut takes off 5 points (-10 pts. for captain (that's double as usual)), whilst making the cut adds 7 points (14 pts. for captain (double as usual)). Whilst Barbasol remains as usual -3 missed cut (-5 for captain) and 5 made the cut (10 if captain). All clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

My team for the week....

Transfers In....... Day, D.J, Willett, Garcia, Reifers

Players Kept........ Johnston, Kaymer, Noren, Colsaerts, Donald

Transferred out....... Stenson, Grace, Lowry, Jaidee, Larrazabal

I've a feeling that one of the transferred out guys might bite me in the arse! Left out Rory and Spieth, that's a risk. Willett another risky pick but has a good links record even if currently not playing great. I see the leader has just gone with the big 4, I don't blame him, I guess he's just laying his cards on the table and saying 'have a bit of that' if you want to get creative by all means but he's toploading!

Good luck to those of you still sniffing a prize!

• Advertisement

What a difference a week makes - talk about "spread betting". My analysis of the Top 20 teams this week shows that - Captain wise, 6 each have gone for Day and Johnson; 3 for Garcia; 2 each for McIlroy and Spieth; and "Greying Shades of Fifty", who must be on holiday or something, left his team unchanged - Stenson as captain and didn't even claim his 5 subs for this week - hope you're OK fella!! Player selection wise there are quite a few surprises from last week - Colsaerts and Johnson appear in 17 teams each; Day in 14; Spieth 11; Chappell, A Johnston, Kaymer and McIlroy in 10; Grace, Luiten and Molinari in 6; and five have gone for Els, Noren and Garcia. The rest of the 200 picks are made up of 28 separate players. The bit I don't understand is that 4 teams have kept Bourdy, who I don't think is playing either side of the pond this week, even though they have subs left. My team is Coulsaerts, Day, Els, Hatton, Johnson, Noren, Ramsay, Rose, Scott (Captain) and Westwood - hoping that Hatton, Rose, Scott and Westwood, as unpopular picks, might give me a couple of extra points. All to play for - all the best to everybody.

Interesting to note that only one person in the Top 20 picked Mickelson - changes could be afoot!! I may have to eat "humble pie" - big chunks of it!! All the best for the rest of today Boardsers.

My team for the week....

I've a feeling that one of the transferred out guys might bite me in the arse! Left out Rory and Spieth, that's a risk. Willett another risky pick but has a good links record even if currently not playing great. I see the leader has just gone with the big 4, I don't blame him, I guess he's just laying his cards on the table and saying 'have a bit of that' if you want to get creative by all means but he's toploading!

Hello Henrik, how you doin'?!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭ItsChecoTime

Hello Henrik, how you doin'?!

Don't feel too bad, I transferred out Mickelson and Stenson this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Don't feel too bad, I transferred out Mickelson and Stenson this week!

Ouch! Makes me feel slighty better - I transferred out Mickelson but kept Stenson. At the moment 9 of my team have made the cut with Colsaerts right on the edge currently.

I managed to get 8 through to the cut, losing Els and Ramsay but only 2 currently in points scoring positions. I ditched Stenson and Kaymer - must have been "under the influence" - on reflection I think I was!!.
    It appears that out of the 200 picks in the Top 20 only 15 were lost at the cut and 4 were never available (Bourdy).
    Never over "til the fat lady sings", but I think she might be gargling with her mouthwash and reaching for the throat lozenges as regards my chances this weekend. Apparently my wife agrees with her!!
    All the best for the rest of the weekend - looks like the weather is going to play another important part over both days.

If you note my blurb #1302 you'll see I mentioned Greying Shades of 50 and how he hadn't changed his team or claimed his subs for this week, Like I said I hope he/she is Ok but as far as the game goes he is the only ranked player to include Mickelson and also has Stenson as Captain; and aside from Bourdy, all 9 of his other players made the cut. Looks like being a game changing score!! Well done that man/woman. As for me - just about "up the Swanee without a paddle". The Fat Lady is reaching for the microphone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Lost only Els from my team. Have Mickelson and Stenson, as well as Stricker and Dustin Johnson, although my captain is Day. Not too bad a week, although it was looking better earlier on with Colsaerts, Kaymer and Cabrera Bello all up there.

My team for the week....

Very meh kind of a week, captain fail(Day), got rid of Stenson, Willett performed poorly, had Beef backed E.W top 7 he finished 8th etc etc... dropped 30 places or so to 288

Congratulations johnny86 I believe you must have now overtaken me - I dropped 27 places to 57th and you may have progressed into the Top 20 - well deserved indeed. Looking at the Top 20 I will be eating "humble pie" til the end of the competition. "Greying Shades of Fifty" moved up to 2nd without any effort at all - truly amazing. The "Fat Lady" sang her heart out and I kicked seven bucket's of s..t out of my unruly mouse!! Think I may have to invest in a more intelligent computer. Oh well .... back to the drawing board.

• Advertisement

Congratulations johnny86 I believe you must have now overtaken me - I dropped 27 places to 57th and you may have progressed into the Top 20 - well deserved indeed. Looking at the Top 20 I will be eating "humble pie" til the end of the competition. "Greying Shades of Fifty" moved up to 2nd without any effort at all - truly amazing. The "Fat Lady" sang her heart out and I kicked seven bucket's of s..t out of my unruly mouse!! Think I may have to invest in a more intelligent computer. Oh well .... back to the drawing board.

Cheers man, I'm in 27th now - a decent week with Stenson and Garcia as captain this week. Have had the tournament winner for a good few weeks in a row too. Taking 'Beef' out of the team cost me points while McIlroy's good final round saved a good few people.

I think the team in 3rd last week has dropped to 8th so still plenty of big moves going on. Greying Shades of Fifty made over 1,000pts on the leader last week so shows what is still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 POB1968

anyone got today's password please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

The password is Fowler

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB81

Password is fowler this week

• Registered Users Posts: 11 POB1968

Cheers :)

Blog for the penultimate week is up...need two big weeks to make some ground however I think it might be tricky this week as many will have the same picks (e.g. Day, Johnson and Kuchar).

https://itfantasygolf.wordpress.com/2016/07/19/week-16-canadian-open/

Amazing how the cogs of mathematical calculations take their time to resolve complex issues like ...... 2 + 2 = 4.
    I have now been demoted from 57th yesterday (Monday), to 64th today (Tuesday) - dropped a full 34 places as a result of "The Open" - the slippery slide has got me in its grip - I just wish the game-masters would get a grip!!
    Still, on the brighter side, it's my wife's birthday on Saturday so I'm whipping her off to Paris for the weekend - can't see me scoring there much either!!
    All the best for the RBC gents.

Serious lack of options/talent in the Canadian Open!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Ah if you want to make strides this and next week you need to pick obscure lads and hope for the best, with 2 events to go its juggler time, I'm languishing down in 421st so not too bothered if it goes pearshaped at this stage. I've 10 for this week who are all in the field for next week carrying over 1 sub to next week for PGA options but I recon just go for it.. the leaders will have Day, Dusty, Kuch - avoid them all and hope they're only here because of sponsors and really don't fancy it, miss the cut for extra rest before the PGA and some Joe wins for the lads

• Advertisement

Charley Hoffman withdraws.....:angry:

Advertisement