Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

I would prefer if they did not give triple points for the majors, and not just because i didn't have Bubba this week!! :pac:

People really in to their golf will pick and choose carefully for the smaller events, yet its almost impossible to catch the guys who pick the winner in a major. Picking the runner-up in a major gets more points than picking the winner in two smaller events where it is arguably more challenging to pick a winner than the majors where the cream is more likely to come to the top. Only my opinion, but there should be more incentive to choose carefully in the smaller tournaments.

Picking Oosthuizen yesterday is worth more points than getting the winner in the RBC Heritage and the China Open combined :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Lads is it too late to get in on this?

I presume I'll be allowed, just starting on zero points yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

JCDUB wrote: »
    Lads is it too late to get in on this?

I presume I'll be allowed, just starting on zero points yeah?

Yep, just had a look, you can enter now. You just don't score for the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I think the Times moving the competition online works out a lot fairer as well. I remember when the competition first started with the phoneline entry/transfers (this is going back to 1999/2000 I think) that some people had 30, 40, 50+ entries with all kinds of permutations. You could see it in leaderboard each week with so and so's Team 26 and 42 etc on the top 50 leaderboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 KLeigh

Hi,

Does anyone have the password from Tuesday's paper to change Teams?

Much appreciated,
    KL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 felice

portrush :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Lads, are both tournaments included in this weeks scoring or just the U.S. tournament ? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

Just the Heritage this week. You can see the list of tournaments here:

http://irishtimesgolf.fantasyleague.com/Article.aspx?id=402&show_nav=sec_nav7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Joined up there for the craic there now. better late than never!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Eireannach wrote: »
    Just the Heritage this week. You can see the list of tournaments here:

http://irishtimesgolf.fantasyleague.com/Article.aspx?id=402&show_nav=sec_nav7

Cheers good man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

feic this thing anyway - keeps saying
    ..Re-loading player list... Please wait...
    when i try to make a change grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 computer

it took a while okay but i had no problems changing
    but have i made right decisions ??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bermo63

inski for a bit of crack.

I made up 23 points on Noel this week.....slow but surely Noel, slow but surely ;)..........

Noel I think scored 33 points.

Its back to the European Tour this week with the Volvo China Open.

Transfers need to be done by midnight Wednesday night because of the time difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I wonder why mannasero and Kaymer got no points. They were T7th

Am adopting neptune collogne system
    Competition is a marathon
    Stay midfield
    Move up slowly
    Win by a nose

Wish leeds united could follow it too

computer wrote: »
    Stay midfield
    Move up slowly
    Win by a nose

Can you please explain this post??

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Stay midfield
    Move up slowly
    Win by a nose

Can you please explain this post??
    The competition is going to take a long time so i am hoping to improve my lowely position week by week and get there on last day hopefully
    Avid golfer
    Frustrated leeds supporter

Without having checked I am guessing that they are not listed as players for the purposes of the competition so they cannot be selected.

The competition is going to take a long time so i am hoping to improve my lowely position week by week and get there on last day hopefully
    Avid golfer

cheers thanks, hadn't a clue what you were on about there for a minute.

just a quick on too - you hit the report post instead of reply the first time.

• Advertisement

Apologies

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Avid golfer

cheers thanks, hadn't a clue what you were on about there for a minute.

just a quick on too - you hit the report post instead of reply the first time.

kn wrote: »
    Without having checked I am guessing that they are not listed as players for the purposes of the competition so they cannot be selected.

what?!

It seems only one tournament is counted each week. What a terrible competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

kn wrote: »

what?!

They were playing in the Malaysian open (I think) points were score in the heritage event in U.S.A. This weeks event is the China open.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

It seems only one tournament is counted each week. What a terrible competition.

The rules and tournaments are clearly listed. What a terrible competitor.

Password anyone??

You're right, I should read the rules.

And you should probably buy the paper.

(password is adare)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭finlma

You're right, I should read the rules.

And you should probably buy the paper.

(password is adare)

Touche. And thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 EddieWeddie

Going by the odds on Paddy Power, you can pick the six top favourites and have 2m left over. Hmmm... what to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dcost

I would prefer if they did not give triple points for the majors, and not just because i didn't have Bubba this week!! :pac:

People really in to their golf will pick and choose carefully for the smaller events, yet its almost impossible to catch the guys who pick the winner in a major. Picking the runner-up in a major gets more points than picking the winner in two smaller events where it is arguably more challenging to pick a winner than the majors where the cream is more likely to come to the top. Only my opinion, but there should be more incentive to choose carefully in the smaller tournaments.

Picking Oosthuizen yesterday is worth more points than getting the winner in the RBC Heritage and the China Open combined :eek:
    yeah you are dead right , just have to make sure you are making progress every week , bit by bit .... also you can see other peoples teams before the week starts , that cant work, near the end of the competition...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

I again missed the password yesterday - anyone be able to help out ? Tks

Advertisement