Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Much colder Tues onward ------>Frost/wintry showers (Risk of snow in East for a time)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    *sigh* it does.

wild bill, i'm snow deprived.:(

Hey! So are we - unless you count flakes falling and melting on ground contact :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sure judging by your name you don't want snow anyways ! :D

i enjoy all types of weather :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    i enjoy all types of weather :p

You're my type-of-weather babe! :cool:

Snow-bunnies can get extremely tiresome. Last week was fabulous!

And the summer of '95 was the best Irish weather I've experienced (bar December 2010)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,069 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Recent Snow on the 0000 Reports at Dublin Airport with a Gust of 38kts. Meanwhile in Castlebar the lid on bin is stuck solid with frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Light bursts of hail in Castleknock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just came back from Tallaght on the N7, fine Graupel falling !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The wind is still going strong here, mostly clear skies but bitterly cold, probably the coldest feeling day since the storm on December 13th. Some hail/sleet/snow showers throughout the day but nothing more interesting than a typical north westerly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

some light snow flakes blowing in the breeze but the Irish sea looking like bringing some showers to the east coast

couldnt sleep , looked out the window to see sleet and snow.

pity it wouldnt stick for a while..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Thanks, show starting now with streamers kicking off either side of the IOM , was wondering what was falling. High up I'd say is good for all snow

• Advertisement

we have some thundersnow :) just heard some thunder

Oh now your only teasing :D But yeah things are really pepping up

yeah, glad I couldnt sleep now, what a nice surprise looking at the snowflakes melt against the window, while hearing thunder in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Heavy snow falling here in suncroft and strong wind also co kildare , starting too stick, wanted to run outside with the new bourn twins,but the wife said she would kill me if i did :D:D

Exactly what I wanted to hear, the precip has become more intense and is being carried further inland now as the winds swing more easterly. Less sea warming effect the further in she goes.

all that lovely orange on the radar keeps coming at us :)

ZX7R wrote: »
    Heavy snow falling here in suncroft and strong wind also co kildare , starting too stick, wanted to run outside with the new bourn twins,but the wife said she would kill me if i did :D:D

Newborns ehs? so thats why YOURE awake :)
    Congrats, this is thier official first snow:)

Some serious looking streamers coming in off the irish sea, you can get a great view on will it rain today .co.uk

Oh yes ya got to love those streamers, watch the big one on southern flank of the IOM creep towards the coast. That could deliver big eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Snowing steady now for the past 30 minutes in east Meath. Sticking to house roofs and to cars, but not to the ground.

• Advertisement

Jake1 wrote: »
    Newborns ehs? so thats why YOURE awake :)
    Congrats, this is thier official first snow:)
    And they got the warm weather last week too:),irish weather you just got to love it;)

ZX7R wrote: »
    And they got the warm weather last week too:),irish weather you just got to love it;)

so maybe one will be a snow fiend, and one will be a sun lover :)

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Snowing steady now for the past 30 minutes in east Meath. Sticking to house roofs and to cars, but not to the ground.

Yeah the concrete/tar ground probably still has heat in it from the good weather, should stick better on grass though as its a better insulator.

stopped snowing here in Lucan now, wind still howling at front of house though .

so maybe one will be a snow fiend, and one will be a sun lover :)
    I will start saving now and send them to collage so they can be meterologlcalests:D
    looks like darkman is right again with his pirdictions

I love Darkmans thread always a bit of good anticipaion in them, always exciting for snow lovers.

:D

(note: Why am I so damned happy its snowing at 4.50 am ??))

Well at least your seeing something, alot of south Dublin seems to be in a shadow.

seems to be breaking up a bit on the radar....:(

So Im off to bed, enjoy folks :)

seems to be breaking up a bit on the radar....:(

So Im off to bed, enjoy folks :)

Radar is missing a few returns.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭blackius

Blowing snow quite blizzard like in a howling wind here near arklow -none setting but fantastic to watch 2.9c

The hills are plastered

Advertisement