Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro12: Munster vs Leinster, Sat 31 March 7:30pm, Live on RTÉ2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Leinster
    Leinster have more quality on the field and are miles better on the bench, breaks my heart, but Leinster by 6... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Dylan Hartley
    Should be a Leinster win. Munster are missing 6 potential starters and Thomond Park holds no mystery for the Leinster lads. Hopefully the lads will prove me wrong and put in a big performance, but it's a tough ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Only just had a good look at the teams, Leinster have left half the first choice pack on the bench (Healy, Strauss, Cullen, SOB). Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Dylan Hartley
    danthefan wrote: »
    Only just had a good look at the teams, Leinster have left half the first choice pack on the bench (Healy, Strauss, Cullen, SOB). Odd.

True. But what has that done to their strength? F*ck all IMO.

Of course that's brilliant from a Leinster POV but I'm weeping here! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Dylan Hartley
    Leinster are unlikely to be click straight away, and their style demands time. If they get it wrong, which is more than likely due to their lack of time together, Munster will be well in this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Blackheath

Leinster
    Munster will need a big game from the back row

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone else read the indo? Laughable stuff from farrelly... Heaslip was outshone by all of his opposite no 8s in the 6n apparently. Bod should be moved to 12 for Ireland to allow earls at 13. Also love the apology they had write up for blackrock for writing a bogus story... Ugh. Why am even reading this?

Dylan Hartley
    .ak wrote: »
    Anyone else read the indo? Laughable stuff from farrelly... Heaslip was outshone by all of his opposite no 8s in the 6n apparently. Bod should be moved to 12 for Ireland to allow earls at 13. Also love the apology they had write up for blackrock for writing a bogus story... Ugh. Why am even reading this?

I saw it and was amazed he was paid to do this job. Along with what you mentioned, it looked like he was annoyed ROG was not being selected: "The out-half is frustrated by the fact that he went into the Six Nations in superb form and in possession of the Ireland 10 jersey, but had to make do with cameos off the bench behind Jonathan Sexton".

The Earls-BOD best midfield comment, along with saying it's "fair to say" Heaslip was outplayed by his opposite number in every game made me cry a little inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,724 ✭✭✭✭phog

Whatever about reading it, why contaminate a match thread with it;)

Dylan Hartley
    phog wrote: »
    Whatever about reading it, why contaminate a match thread with it;)

The article was about the match, but he added those asides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Dylan Hartley

Ha Ha you read the indo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Pints going down nicely in the pier hotel. Atmosphere building....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Dylan Hartley
    Come on Leinster! Out of the country with my school so missing match, will appreciate all updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Slowest Leinster backline of my generation. Too much is being made of 'on paper' match ups.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dylan Hartley
    streams?
    RTE.ie is the only legal one that we are allowed talk about here

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Banbridgeman

In my opinion Leinster aren't starting 4 first team players in Healy, Strauss, Cullen, O'Brien. I would also put McFadden at 12 as well. Don't think Leinster have selected anywhere close to their strongest team. Scary bench though!!

Dylan Hartley
    This is on bbc alba for anyone in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Yes it is a common enough tactic. Particularly when you are playing away from home or against a team like Italy who are all grunt and not much else.

For both the general idea is to ride the initial wave with hard graft and forward power, and then in the last 30 bring on the impact guys against a tiring side.

Against good sides they are going to be able to keep up the pressure the whole way through so that tactic doesn't work as well. Which is why I think Schmidt has gone for a bit of both as we are away from home but Munster are certainly a side that can play 80 minutes of rugby.

Thanks for the reply. This is a huge part of what interests me in rugby, and why I think league ends up playing like a lot of other team sports (almost losing the point altogether, frankly).

Sometimes on-field plays I end up not really picking up on during the game because its so quick; it'd be nice if there was a thread for the various kinds of strategy employed on and off the pitch (but maybe there's not enough content in that for a topic).

19543261 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. This is a huge part of what interests me in rugby, and why I think league ends up playing like a lot of other team sports (almost losing the point altogether, frankly).

Sometimes on-field plays I end up not really picking up on during the game because its so quick; it'd be nice if there was a thread for the various kinds of strategy employed on and off the pitch (but maybe there's not enough content in that for a topic).

Hi Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Dammit, and here I thought I had made my name as ambiguous as possible! Infiltration failed - again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster
    aaaaaah getting close now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Dylan Hartley
    "Munster saw what is effectively Leinster's front row scrumaging against England and is likely to target it."

WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I think Munster will win this. By 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Dylan Hartley
    "Munster saw what is effectively Leinster's front row scrumaging against England and is likely to target it."

WTF

Yeah I noticed that. Bizarre statement. Hook just said "Munster is different":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Leinster
    COME ON MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNSTER!!!

Can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Anyone stuck for a stream.....just do what I do while out of the country.....take two mints and a pork dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

Dylan Hartley
    COME ON LEINSTER!!

Dylan Hartley
    circos wrote: »
    COME ON LEINSTER!!

fixed your post

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster
    Donal Lenihan just said Wally was originally picked but then cried off afterwards. Surely this would have been mentioned by Munster during the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Leinster
    Donal Lenihan just said Wally was originally picked but then cried off afterwards. Surely this would have been mentioned by Munster during the week?

And Hurley too.

Well if it was only a slight niggle, they just mightn't want to risk him. Surprised that we didn't hear anything before but that's the kind of thing that Lenihan would hear.

Advertisement