Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

brady12 wrote: »
    Mgs3 for me prob best game of all them! Isn't that what the Mgs legacy collection is?

I was playing 3 and got stuck trying to beat that guy in the forest who goes kinda invisible. Havnt gone back to it since

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Snake Eater was the best easily! Gutted that they didn't include it in the HD pack.

Snake Eater is MGS3 and is in the HD pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Didn't there used to be MGS forum here on this site? What happened it?

I've seen his HD collection trilogy around for 20quid or so which is pretty good, well worth getting. I was wanting to get the Legacy colection as that has MGS1 and the VR missions but it seems to be hard to come by which is a shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Snake Eater is MGS3 and is in the HD pack.

Brain fart!
    Gutted that they didn't include MGS1 in the pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I was playing 3 and got stuck trying to beat that guy in the forest who goes kinda invisible. Havnt gone back to it since

Snap! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Skerries wrote: »
    Snap! :P

My favourite boss fight - absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

Just finished the 5th chapter of peace walker the first ending you could call it.. Not feeling upto going into sixth chapter for final ending at mo.. Doesn't feel like proper mgs game because of all side stuff

brady12 wrote: »
    Just finished the 5th chapter of peace walker the first ending you could call it.. Not feeling upto going into sixth chapter for final ending at mo.. Doesn't feel like proper mgs game because of all side stuff

Exactly how I felt, I could not bring myself to finish it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭brady12

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Exactly how I felt, I could not bring myself to finish it

I probably will but after ten hour session of it I wasn't in mood..having go back and re play boss fights for parts is not my idea of fun..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The only MGS titles I've finished are MGS on the PS and MGS4 on the PS3.
    I found MGS2 to be a massive disappointment and MGS3 impenetrable, despite owning it on the PS2 twice, including the Subsistence version, and the 3DS port, which looks amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The only MGS titles I've finished are MGS on the PS and MGS4 on the PS3.
    I found MGS2 to be a massive disappointment and MGS3 impenetrable, despite owning it on the PS2 twice, including the Subsistence version, and the 3DS port, which looks amazing.

I can't get into MGS 3 at all. I have bought it 3 times(PS2, 360 & Vita) always say i'll give it another go & end up getting frustrated after a couple of hours. I won't lie at the start it says go North to find the guy but i'm CRAP at stealth games & always trigger alarms. Don't want to look up an idiots guide to MGS either :o

MGS3 was so good because it kept you in stealth mode pretty much and made it difficult to run and gun. MGS4 while having a cooler sneaking suit ruined the stealth element, turns it into a Michael Bay film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Peace walker is basically a metal gear monster hunter mash up. I personally loved it but I could understand people not sticking with it.

Greatest thing about the game was the management of your team at mother base.

Recruiting soliders having them deployed elsewhere aswell as putting them into different sectors to create better equipment , medicine , data etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I much preferred the Subsistence version of MGS 3. I wouldn't play the Snake Eater version now.

The 3D camera does make a big difference, probably makes the gale a bit easier. It was daft it wasn't included initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I got the HD collection a little while ago but didn't go near it until of Finished MGS. about half way through Sons of Liberty now. Raiden is okay but he's no Solid Snake, and I dislike how they spell his name one way and pronounce it a different way. Getting around is pretty easy once you know the enemies patrol patterns.

I plan to get Portable Ops soon enough...Are the Acid games worth getting?

Advertisement