Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I bought mine for 50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I bought mine for 50

Got a copy of it yesterday €34.98 in GS yesterday. Nostalgia is amazing!

Its an excellent price for a game full of content. Forgot how good MGS 2 was, even with Raiden's silly voice acting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Having already cleared Metal Gear Solid (PS1) and Metal Gear Solid 2 (Xbox), what would be the preferred order for story? I have never played MGS3, Peace Walker and I do have MGS 1 on PSN and Metal Gear 4 to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Well chronologically its
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
    Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    Metal Gear
    Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
    Metal Gear Solid (The Twin Snakes)
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

So whatever way you want i suppose? Order of release, which would then mean MGS 3 then 4 then peace walker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Great game, in the past i played mgs2 sons of liberty on ps2 and the original metal gear on ps1. I bought this last week for xbox360, skipped sons of liberty and started playing mgs3 snake eater. I couldn't remember the controls or nothing or exactly what i was supposed to do.

Found it quite hard at first as there was no instruction or intro to the gameplay and i couldnt remember the other games, had to look up an online guide for a while. I'm now 9 hours in and really enjoying it:) Great game..Well worth a purchase...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Anyone on xbox up for extra ops? Need some help with the tanks and helicopters mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

Picked this up friday and was straight on to mgs 2, Cleared the snake missions with no problems! Forgot how much of a b!tch Raiden is!

His character movements feel a bit more fluid but the story with Rose bored the pants off me haha. Still great game, cant wait to finish wrk and pick it up for a few more hours.

Still gotta get used to holding up people, I feel lik a complete noob, end up just killin everyone and forgettin about the dog tags. :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

any version of this for the pc? ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

Sadly PC owners get nothing, or at least not yet anyway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

dammit, want some mgs action! Haven't owned any console since ps2.

• Advertisement

I think you can buy MGS 2 on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

And you should be able to run MGS 3 on a emulator

lookin good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'd really recommend this to any one who likes the games, or likes the idea of them. Even if you've got the PS2 games, I'd still rebuy them on this as if you've got a decent TV the new polished version looks great.

Only played MGS2 so far but heard that MGS3 (probably my favourite game ever) looks even better.

I had never played MGS3 before so when they announced the HD collection I just had to get it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

falan wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering if anybody can give me a quick pointer. I have this on xbox360 and i'm currently playing snake eater.

I'm at the part "Groznjz Grad" and im stuck.

Im supposed to go into a building disguised as a scientist, then steal the officers uniform. I have the officer knocked out but can't work out how to take his uniform. Its definately the right person.

I watched a youtube vid of it and it says i have to drag him up some stairs to some lockers and a cutscene will then play out.

How do i pick up and drag a body???

I can't see it in the book..

You would actually be better off waiting in the locker area for him - knock him out there and take his uniform.
    I think it's either X or Y to drag body.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Was interested in picking this up until I realised that alot of games I've been playing lately are all re-releases.
    I think I'll set the money aside and look for something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

F1ngers wrote: »
    You would actually be better off waiting in the locker area for him - knock him out there and take his uniform.
    I think it's either X or Y to drag body.

I thought i deleted my message because i worked it out about 2 mins after posting...Thanks anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finally got around to buying this, and am I the only one who has found the lengthy Codec conversations and cut-scenes annoying having played it already on PS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

In MGS2 the codec conversations were unbearable. Jack and Rose babbling on to each other. But I liked most of the cutscenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭psugrue

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Finally got around to buying this, and am I the only one who has found the lengthy Codec conversations and cut-scenes annoying having played it already on PS2?

click triangle to skip them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I want to watch them though just for nostalgia, like I remember the story but I just want to watch the finer points again but it doesn't hold my attention (one of the end sequences is playing right now). I've no idea how people paid attention to all of it without getting bored first time around. It's a good story and there's more detail in it than games nowadays but I think there's a little too much, a little like that 3 hour film thats quite average and you come away from thinking if they cut a lot of scenes from it would be a classic if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

The slow paced cut scenes haven't got the same impact as they did when I played these games as a teenager, bit cringey in places but David Hayters Snake voice is still awesome, which I suppose makes up for it. Still can't stand that Raiden lad or Otacon even. Two irritating whingers of the highest degree and being one myself I should know! :D

Yeah.

Still though, the gameplay of 2 and 3 were my favourite of the series.

Just downloaded them on to my Vita, still brilliant, brilliant games and gorgeous on the Vita screen. Really glad I bought this yoke now instead of caving and buying the 3ds!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Still can't stand that Raiden lad or Otacon even.

okay-guy-meme.jpg

I think even the most ardent MGS fan knows Kojima needs an editor. However, you kind of get used to the dialogue after a while. I still get annoyed any time Snake repeats the last few words of another characters response though.

Char 1: "The President is just a puppet of the Patriots"

Snake: "The Patriots?"

Char 1: "Yes, the Patriots are a shadowy organisation that runs the world"

Snake: "The world?"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kojima dialogue:

'This character/place/project is named X'

'That's a reference to Y'

Oh did we not explain to you that it's a reference to Y? Well lets tell you again'

'Let me just explain to you in boring details everything about Y'

'Do you see how it reference's Y? Well just in case you didn't I'm going to go into exhaustive boring detail about the significances of how they are linked'

He's a god awful writer but he makes damn good games... except MGS 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Kojima dialogue:

'This character/place/project is named X'

'That's a reference to Y'

Oh did we not explain to you that it's a reference to Y? Well lets tell you again'

'Let me just explain to you in boring details everything about Y'

'Do you see how it reference's Y? Well just in case you didn't I'm going to go into exhaustive boring detail about the significances of how they are linked'

He's a god awful writer but he makes damn good games... except MGS 4.

Yeah, trudging through the "I'm Hideo Kojima, I'm awesome and here's why" show can get awful tedious. MGS4 may as well have been just a big, long cutscene of Hideo pleasuring himself in a Snake mask and giving us the middle finger salute for all the difference it would have made to the mistake that was MGS4.

Never knew a video game, let alone a Metal Gear Solid title, could bore the arse off me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Playing peace walker out of this now.. Unreal game ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I only played MGS3 for the first time last weekend. Played through the whole game over the weekend, took me 15 and a half hours. Think it's the first MGS game where the story actually made sense the whole way through for me.

Going to get around to Peace Walker shortly, want to get it finished for when Ground Zeros comes out as the story will fill in the gap between PW and MGS1. I wish MGS1 made it into the HD pack and with the free roaming camera mode that was added to MGS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Mgs3 for me prob best game of all them! Isn't that what the Mgs legacy collection is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Snake Eater was the best easily! Gutted that they didn't include it in the HD pack.

Advertisement