Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch Incoming

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I dont have a problem with any guns being overpowered. I would like to get a chance to shoot them but with this suppression & the random deviation of bullets I dont have a chance of hitting many people. Its becoming like call of duty where first to see will get the kill. Snipers dont even stand a chance against anyone other than a target sitting still and far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,418 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jonski wrote: »
    yeah , noticed more than usual using it last night . Was thinking to myself you will have the usual crew now looking into what gun is overpowered so they can use it .

all they did to it was removed the initial recoil...so it's pretty nice :)
    The F2000 got a buff and it's back to it's awesome A1 while the G3A3 got a nice buff.
    The new IR scopes are crystal clear but with a much narrower field of vision...jury still out on this one..

The jets...think they replaced the cannons with peashooters....I swear I saw one pilot load his bic biro with paper bullets before flying off...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Played a bit lastnight and the biggest issue is the suppression, its way overdone imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

overall a lot of nice improvements but since the patch i SUCK :( , its impossible to snipe a moving target anymore and i used to be good at that , but the biggest problem by far is the supression its absolutely insane :mad:, he who fires first wins no matter the range or gun , why did they mess with it ?? it was perfect before hand , also notice the M4A1 in now one of the most powerful guns in the game i mean seriously WTF :confused:, the changes to the guns have ruined the game a bit for me i mean they were perfect beforehand now there all messed up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Jet cannons have had a big nerf, which is good I suppose, but the rocket pods are lethal now.
    Jets are also easier to fly for beginners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

overall a lot of nice improvements but since the patch i SUCK :( , its impossible to snipe a moving target anymore and i used to be good at that , but the biggest problem by far is the supression its absolutely insane :mad:, he who fires first wins no matter the range or gun , why did they mess with it ?? it was perfect before hand , also notice the M4A1 in now one of the most powerful guns in the game i mean seriously WTF :confused:, the changes to the guns have ruined the game a bit for me i mean they were perfect beforehand now there all messed up :(

The 2 best guns are now M416A3 and L85A2 both weapons with certain attachments are god like guns.

The L85A2 has better hip accuracy then most weapons zoomed in due to a clitch that happens when it has certain attachments have a look on you tube.

The M16A3 is a lot more accurate with certain attachments after the patch then it was before.

I know finding it easier to kill people and dying less over all.

The only problem you come across is suppression, once under any suppression you better just shooting to move into cover, once in cover suppression goes fast enough then start shooting again.

The 2 best guns are now M416A3 and L85A2 both weapons with certain attachments are god like guns.

List attachments needed pls :P

Just played a few maps there for a friend and both agreed the game is less enjoyable after the patch.
    The suppression is an absolute joke and imo ruins the game.
    I spent most of my time with a blurry screen thanks to suppression.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dcully wrote: »
    Just played a few maps there for a friend and both agreed the game is less anjoyable after the patch.
    The suppression is an absolute joke and imo ruins the game.
    I spent most of my time with a blurry screen thanks to suppression.

Turn on squad cover, its a must now.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Turn on squad cover, its a must now.

We did, make a slight difference for sure but still close to a game breaker for me, considering i prefer to play infantry only.
    Red Orchestra 2 has the best suppression system going, Dice should have taken note..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

NSFW: Language

I cant hit a white whale on a black background when my screen goes blurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Ping difference killed that Heidi (the hills were alive with the sound of his screaming). He had a ping of 31 and the guy who killed him had 198.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

The metro lads are now seeing daylight for the first time since this game began. 64 player Supression is too much ina tunnel so theyve taken to the fields so i see in my friends list, id love to know the ppl playing stats drop this week the average player time spent playing and total players playing, my playing time is easily down 50% and from hours on on server to 1 hour b4 i give up.
    anyone find these stats?

They dont release these stats as far as i know. Same myself, the suppression bull**** has made me not bother playing as much as I usually would.

Global stats

PC online55 112
    PS3 online71 820
    360 online39 270
    but im online, just not playing.
    They really need to have the option of playing pre-patch and after patch.
    i can think of a few titles for the after patch, just cant name them here

Ive little interest playing the game since the patch, they made a bollox of it.
    BC2 plays a lot better than this POS.

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive little interest playing the game since the patch, they made a bollox of it.
    BC2 plays a lot better than this POS.
    BC1 is better :P
    forgot to mention thanks to DICE i wont need to upgrade my GC now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

aaarg this is rubbish.
    The LAV locks so much faster than is even necessary. its extremely difficult to take one out in the jet as it was, and now he's got 2 locks on you before you even pass him.

I love flying choppers and jets, but now its not even a challenge to destroy a tank. its actually gotten so boring im looking for a new game to play.

not happy with this patch at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I played for the first time since the patch and I am not impressed either. A lot of the guys I play with are the same. The MG36 has lost it's extended mag. The RPK now has 200 rounds it what is essentially a AK74.

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,533 ✭✭✭✭klose

That shotgun video on the last page is hillarious!!

Im guessting theyl surely fix this? Im stuck to an xbox so havent played it yet but the videos ive seen speak for themselves, although apparently the .44 magnum isint effected?:confused:
    But anyways with a close quarters dlc coming up itll be probably unplayable with this on it? In fairness the initial supression only blurred vision really and didnt effect aiming, but they've really taking it to an extreame by the looks, reminds me of the IR scope a few months back..

• Advertisement

1 thing they did foresee with this patch is the Quit button. very handy indeed:D

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    aaarg this is rubbish.
    The LAV locks so much faster than is even necessary. its extremely difficult to take one out in the jet as it was, and now he's got 2 locks on you before you even pass him.

I love flying choppers and jets, but now its not even a challenge to destroy a tank. its actually gotten so boring im looking for a new game to play.

not happy with this patch at all.

This would probably be more in line with reality though.
    It should now be the AAs job to defend his tank and clear the skies like in real life.
    And choppers, as in reality, eat tanks for breakfast.

But in fairness, if a team/squad puts the effort in, choppers are done for., it's just most aren't bothered

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I had no problem controlling the skies with a chopper tbh. I did the repair work and dodging whilst my friend was my backup flares. No bother at all. In the sky for about 10 minutes or so. AA is so predictable where people line them up so tbh its your own fault if you get taken down so easily.

I think the patch is alright but I completely agree, the supression system almost has the game at breaking point.

I'm shocked at the lack of "seat-switchers" in BF3.
    I've only encountered 1 to date , I've been at it since day 1 really, and with the TV now a 1 shot kill, there's even more reason to do it.
    However, I'd still rather a decent gunner or pilot to accompany me rather than go alone

Ive done it a bit myself. Cant use the TV missile though. Its getting nerfed this morning though with a server side patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I don;t think Ive ever complained about a patch in my life, just get on with it type-thing, but jesus this one is pretty bad

Just on vehicles..
    Helicopter AA missiles on jets no longer seem to work
    TV missiles - I've hit several tanks dead on and nothing, I hit 2 helicopters dead-on from medium-close range and nothing?
    The LAV now annihilates tanks.. which is weird..
    The new semi-guided missiles are v hard to see and seem to be the same/worse against infantry?
    Flares seem to be completely hit and miss?

I think 90% of players would be more than happy to roll back to the last patch.

Playing on metro lastnight for a bit,at the usual chokepoints the usual mayhem.
    A gang of our team and a gang of the other team facing eachother 20 feet apart all sparying like mad and nobody dying, seems the suppression stacks, so we were suppressed by about 10 players, same for the other teams, its was just idiotic, everyone standing there spraying bullets and nobody dying.
    This has got to be one of the biggest fcuk ups in patching history.
    We decided to play some BC2 instead, was a joy to play a game where you shoot a guy he dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Might have to invest in some BC2 then...

Nobody up for heading into the future?
    Mechs?
    Titans?
    Assault Pods?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Nobody up for heading into the future?
    Mechs?
    Titans?
    Assault Pods?

Actually loaded it up a while back and it looks pretty bad now and feels as if you were playing underwater; its so slow. Seriously need an updated version of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Ok so i only bought the game last week so I haven't had any experience pre patch v now but looking through the thread i noticed people mention the pay to unlock gun feature.

As i'm I think up to level 7 now I can see why the temptation to buy them is there but I'm not gonna do it. It ruins the thrill of being a few kills or points away from that new gun and it means you don't experience all the guns that are there so you might miss one that suits you.

I know that on 95% of servers i join i'm the lowest ranked with no experience, basic weapons and extras and end up dead a (wile) lot and its incredibly frustrating but when i do well or get a flash that i ended a rampage or streak its a great feeling.

I know for the next few weeks while i get up through the ranks it will be a tough slog with lots of death and destruction but i'm gonna stick with it!

So if you see me in the servers gonna say sorry now and get it out of the way!!!

Advertisement