Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch Incoming

Options
  • 28-03-2012 10:13am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Sweet the patch is coming out tomorrow morning!

https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/184929123125301248

It's gonna be sad not blowing up C4 after death but hopefully it fixes a lot of the annoying things in the game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If C4 doesn't show up on the mini-map as its supposed to do, it'll more than make up for the post death detonations.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Mines will come into play more to, i missed using them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Will definitely need thermal optics in tanks and other vehicles. Jihad jeeps will be screwed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1.6gb

Hope its available before work :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I reinstalled BF3 last night and it seems to have fixed my long loading times. Hopefully I won't have to do it all again post patch.

• Advertisement

Decryptor wrote: »
    Will definitely need thermal optics in tanks and other vehicles. Jihad jeeps will be screwed!

Jeeps will do better, tanks will longer be warned by 4 fast moving X's heading towards them on the mini map.

Jeeps will do better, tanks will longer be warned by 4 fast moving X's heading towards them on the mini map.
    That's true. I can imagine a lot more people putting down mines though, which are hard to see when driving a jeep.

Today's update: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/beep-beep-battlefield-3-update-goes-live-on-pc-tomorrow-improved-commo-rose-and-minimap-lots-of-fixes-and-new-shortcut-items-live/

Don't like how they're allowing people to "buy" to unlock everything in the game. A bit pointless when the idea of the game is to unlock stuff and work through the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Patch live for me, currently grabbing at 5.0 MB/Sec.

Decryptor wrote: »
    Don't like how they're allowing people to "buy" to unlock everything in the game. A bit pointless when the idea of the game is to unlock stuff and work through the system.

I'm surprised its only started now, they've been doing it the past few years in other games, tiger woods you could unlock or buy the equipment, dantes inferno you could actually buy XP.

TheFairy wrote: »
    Patch live for me, currently grabbing at 5.0 MB/Sec.
    I can't even log in to Origin!
    I'm surprised its only started now, they've been doing it the past few years in other games, tiger woods you could unlock or buy the equipment, dantes inferno you could actually buy XP.
    Oh right, I suppose I was never really into BF before BF3 so I can't speak for that. I only played BC2 a bit because of the broadband situation. Thankfully it's a small bit better now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

My clanmates though on our forums, can't verify any of it yet, but he doesn't seem happy :P
    oh and just to let you know the patch is ***ed

doesn't work, tanks now take 2 hits to kill, choppers dont fly correctly anymore and when you shoot or get shot at your screen goes black or freezes up and if your dead and you sqaud spawned on you they cant revive you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

SeantheMan wrote: »
    tanks now take 2 hits to kill

I heard OHK from behind, surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Updating now. Will let ye know if any of the major fixes are... fixed. :D

Hmmm... Only getting a black screen now when I join a server. Join is successful, and I can hear audio... I smell an emergency patch coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Make sure to upgrade those language files if you got a different version

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

god dammit, i thought i will go for a quick blast of BF3...

atleast it downloads at 1.1mb/s...

will it have files for DLC too, or just general fixes etc?

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Make sure to upgrade those language files if you got a different version

Oops... Thanks for that. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I reinstalled the game last night because I was having horrible loading times, which now seem better. The patch is giving me no technical issues, so all is good.

Bloody hell tho, helis are raping armour. I just got one hit killed by missile after missile without any kind or warning on Caspian there.
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/26866360/1/301035436/

Not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

just got the 1.5gb patch there. is it raping anyone elses PC?

i seem to be having crossfire issues or something on this new PC. GPU2 is only hovering around 50% usage, and GPU1 does 100%. problem is very bad fps. 50-75fps at 1080p ultra. should be much much higher than that.

specs are:
    i5-2500K @4.7ghz under water
    asrock z68 extreme4
    2x7970CF
    8gb ram
    SSD

what the hell is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

No running issues for me but i shooting people not getting hit markers then getting dead. And if they die soon after i get Kill Assists :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No running issues for me but i shooting people not getting hit markers then getting dead. And if they die soon after i get Kill Assists :confused:

Having the same problem myself :(
    At distance i get the hit marker but up close i dont seem to.

The change they made to "suppression" effing sucks imo :mad::mad::mad:
    It seem if you dont fire first chances are your toast.

What also annoyed me was my settings for each gun have changed plus the recoil seems alot more on most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

i seem to be getting better fps 60-70 fps .usually only get 40+ . Hits seen to be off but i think is across different weapons . Tanks have become too weak . It was always the repair time that was too fast . suppose its fine . Big download. It better be worth it in the long run (GFX card is gtx295.)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Joeface wrote: »
    i seem to be getting better fps 60-70 fps .usually only get 40+ . Hits seen to be off but i think is across different weapons . Tanks have become too weak . It was always the repair time that was too fast . suppose its fine . Big download. It better be worth it in the long run (GFX card is gtx295.)

How do you check your fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

only one game with it but...

wow.

The game ran pretty well on my machine, but that had to be the smoothest game of BF3 I've played ever. Didnt hurt my score either.

The main things that sticks out for me is really just how much clearer the minimap is and also the change in the helicopters and lock ons.

But that was just a brief taster. Will jump back in to see how the rest have shaked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭Joeface

How do you check your fps?

bring down the console by press `

the type "render.drawfps 1"

it will display the fps in the corner of the screen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dayum the snipers feel completely different. Took me a game or 2 to get into it again.

I found a few glitches whilst I was playing last night, to say the least I'm far from impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭mick-fitz8585

Aiming is all over the place, killing more than 1 person with a full clip is hard, bullet spread is all over the place and every few secs its like my eyes just water up with all this blur

not happy at all why change so much of the game there was no need

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

P90 is now overpowered imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

P90 is now overpowered imo

yeah , noticed more than usual using it last night . Was thinking to myself you will have the usual crew now looking into what gun is overpowered so they can use it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Bipod is completely useless now, Any amount of suppression and it feels like you don't have one at all! Had to check and make sure it was actually equipped a few times:/

Advertisement