Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the Parcel anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

Don't think the Irish postal service x-ray internal mail.

Apparently stevenmu used some kind of automatic weighing machine in town that dishes out the appropriate stamp. When the package arrived there was a stamped notice stating that the "item required processing due to underpayment which subsequently caused a delay".

The delay was a little smack on the bum because of their hardware error. I think that Anpost is a bloody good service as a rule but they're cheeky bastards in this instance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

jesus that must have been a pretty big ****ing stamp

In Irish too!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Good to see it turned up anyways :)

You're next Newmark - don't know what to put in your parcel because you own a lot of stuff now - any suggestions?

• Advertisement

mrplop wrote: »
    You're next Newmark - don't know what to put in your parcel because you own a lot of stuff now - any suggestions?

Dont worry about what you put in for me I will pass on what I dont need and replenish anything I use. I will be happy with anything at all im not fussy. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I was away and only seeing this now, delighted it was delivered and still on track.

Who's got the parcel now?

Mrplop has it but I think its been posted to me today or tomorrow. I know he has been very busy lately. I will get it moving again within a couple of days after I receive it and will be back on track :)

I received the Pass the parcel box today and low and behold amongst the great variety of liquids and bits inside it there was a lovely Variable voltage box mod made by mrplop which is a fantastic item to get. Thank you very much MrPlop :)

So I will replenish it and get it off to Tom 123 who I think is next, correct me if I'm wrong on Wednesday or Thursday latest so you might PM me your address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

Add me to your list please, i know its a long one and i like the idea of it.
    I got loads of bits n bobs gathered here too ready to share.

laters

I forgot to say yesterday that I got the parcel sent onto Tom123 so hopefully it was received today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

newmark wrote: »
    I forgot to say yesterday that I got the parcel sent onto Tom123 so hopefully it was received today :)

Haven't got it yet but hopefully Monday

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yay!!! I'm after tom!!

Still no sign of the package :(

Tom123 wrote: »
    Still no sign of the package :(

Wish I didn't know that my heart is in my mouth now!

I had sender address on it as well as the ship to address so hopefully it will turn up soon. I was expecting it to arrive to you latest today though when it didn't arrive Friday.

If you know your local sorting office it might be worth giving them a ring as I had the address you gave me on it but put the name down as tom123 as I wasn't sure of your full name and didn't want to delay sending it by contacting you again when I realised I didn't have you full name on Thursday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i had something sent to me on wednesday and it only arrived today, so don't fret yet

anpost must be having issues or something

hope for tomorrow so, fingers, toes and everything else crossed, let us know soon as you get it tom if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

If the powers that be are willing to add another name to the list i'd really like to get in on this :o

Seems to be some interest, we'll get the parcel on another lap when this circuit is complete.

• Advertisement

Elbow wrote: »
    If the powers that be are willing to add another name to the list i'd really like to get in on this :o

I thought I was the only vaper in West Cork :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Seems to be some interest, we'll get the parcel on another lap when this circuit is complete.

Sounds like a plan!
    I thought I was the only vaper in West Cork :)

That makes a grand total of 2 so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

You can definitely count me in too!

Elbow wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan!

That makes a grand total of 2 so :D

Ye wont be stuck for a battery so lads ye can shout over the field :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

newmark wrote: »
    Wish I didn't know that my heart is in my mouth now!

I had sender address on it as well as the ship to address so hopefully it will turn up soon. I was expecting it to arrive to you latest today though when it didn't arrive Friday.

If you know your local sorting office it might be worth giving them a ring as I had the address you gave me on it but put the name down as tom123 as I wasn't sure of your full name and didn't want to delay sending it by contacting you again when I realised I didn't have you full name on Thursday.
    I hope you didn't send it from that bloody machine in Stephens Green :)

stevenmu wrote: »
    I hope you didn't send it from that bloody machine in Stephens Green :)

lol.. no it went directly from my good oul up to now reliable post office...

Still nothing will give the post office a call tomorrow

Ok, so I go to my local post office this morning and no joy, then I go up to Ennis post office and get a missing item form and they tell me ring customer services which I do.

I get through to post office customer services and explain about the missing box, give details etc and then I mention what's inside in it in case it was picked up as a suspicious package or something.
    The lady says to me something like did you say electronic cigarettes? I say yes and she says I have one in my hand right now its a joye mega cartomiser. I couldn't believe it and knew straight away that if anyone can find it a fellow vaper can!

Anyway she puts me on hold and rings the sorting office and gets back to me 2 minutes later and low and behold she found the bloody parcel. Thank you so much Ms Mega cartomiser vaper. I told her about the forum here and she had been here before but found the jargon a bit complicated so I encouraged her to come back for another look and explained how everyone gets a bit confused at the start so hopefully she might, also would be handy having an inside contact for finding the pass the parcel box, just joking ;)

Turns out it was lying in the sorting office after attempted delivery but no note was left so Tom didn't know. But it can be collected now and it survives another scare lol.. I'm just happy it turned up I had a knot it my gut being worried about it. :D

package collected all sorted :)

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed the package. Lots of nice new toys to try out and plenty of different flavours.

Whoever is next on the list send me a PM with your address and I will get the package moving again.

Is it worth registering the package in the future?

Advertisement