Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the Parcel anyone?

Options
  • 27-03-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

I've seen something similar on another forum and I was thinking maybe we could give it a try.
    The nature of this vaping game is that we all try new flavours, new pieces of kit all of which doesn't work out, get's left behind as we upgrade or simply does not suit us. All of this means that we have plenty of left over parts and liquid which is not useful to us but may be of use to others.

What I propose is to fill a small box with some liquid and bits of hardware - attomizers/cartomizers etc... etc and then post this onto someone who takes/tries what he/she wants and in turn they refill the box before they post it onto the next person on the list until we do a full circle.

To see if it works I propose we limit the first round to 6 people and if it works we can expand somewhat.

There doesn't have to be too many rules other than:
    1- You don't hold onto the box for more than 2 weeks
    2- Try and replace like for like, ie liquid for liquid, hardware for hardware. (There's no point in having a box full of liquid)
    3- All discussions about addresses etc is done by PM
    4- Once the box has been posted, the sender and receiver indicate it on this thread so that it can be tracked by everyone.
    5- Sender is responsible for postage.
    6- For postage reasons we probably have to limit this to the island of Ireland.

First 5 interested will go into the mix for the initial trial, if we don't get 6 then I'll let the idea slide. The box won't be too big so postage costs won't be too much at all. If we get enough names I'll put them in order of play

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Count me in, I've seen the other version on ukvapers alright and its called pandoras box. It looks like fun and seems to work well over there hopefully people will chance it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I'm in too - great idea!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Good idea, count me in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Count me in

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Aye, count me in ! Sounds great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

Good stuff, we have enough but I'll give it another little while to see if Sir Digby wants in or out...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, nah yer alright. I'm horribly unreliable when it comes to posting stuff, it'll only stay with me for five or six weeks and I'll have to end up not posting here anymore out of shame

Right I'll fill the box and post it off Monday. Order of play:

1- Stevenmu
    2- MrPlop
    3- Newmark
    4- Tom123
    5- eeloe
    6- tommy2bad
    7- Hunter Mahan

So Stevenmu, if you could pm your name and address I'll get the ball rolling on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Pop me on, I have some stuff to dump, oh no did I say that out loud?.:o
    Now its six.:D

Just a thought, especially if you are adding some diy juice, it would be best to clearly mark nicotine content and pg/vg, or any relevant info you think necessary.

• Advertisement

PM sent.

Good idea for the DIY juices

Right, I just filled the box and I'll actually post it tomorrow hopefully. May as well get started.

In my opinion for this to work it can't all be discarded items, try and put something in that might be new/useful for another person to try / use for the first time. What goes around will come around.
    If you have any questions about any items in the box then post them here and I'm sure you'll get the answer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Aye, how about we all have to add something 'new' to the box as we post it off?

I'm not saying a lavatube or a provari, but maybe, a carto(DCC'S or the likes) or a DCT someone's fallen out of love with?

The parcel is on it's way to Stevenmu, I think there are some things in it you might like to try in liquid form, and hopefully you may not have previous experience of some of the different types of attomizers and carto's I put in there.
    (1 of the attomizers, black cone for an ego t, is not in a wrapper, but it has never been used, the others are all sealed in their original wrappers)

You should get it tomorrow hopefully, if not, Monday. Let us know when you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Oh I'd like to join your here:) have loads of stuff that I'm not going to use but other may actually need/like it. Let me know if I'm in:)

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Oh I'd like to join your here:) have loads of stuff that I'm not going to use but other may actually need/like it. Let me know if I'm in:)

I'll tag you on at the Nonamigo if we manage to get that far :)

The parcel is on it's way to Stevenmu, I think there are some things in it you might like to try in liquid form, and hopefully you may not have previous experience of some of the different types of attomizers and carto's I put in there.
    (1 of the attomizers, black cone for an ego t, is not in a wrapper, but it has never been used, the others are all sealed in their original wrappers)

You should get it tomorrow hopefully, if not, Monday. Let us know when you do.

Excellent, thanks. Looking forward to seeing what arrives in it.

Arrived today, so that was good and quick. I see a few devices and a few flavours in there that I'd been meaning to try, so plenty to look forward to in there.

Is it better to not mention what's in it to keep the surprise going for the next in line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Sounds like a cool idea. If there's another 5-6 interested, maybe a second mailing list could start?? Or else I'll wait for the next one..

• Advertisement

stevenmu wrote: »
    Arrived today, so that was good and quick. I see a few devices and a few flavours in there that I'd been meaning to try, so plenty to look forward to in there.

Is it better to not mention what's in it to keep the surprise going for the next in line?

I think there's no harm in talking if you wish, as the box will be slightly different after each person.

Finally got to try some of the stuff out properly last night. There was a CE3 that I was looking forward to try, I'd heard that they leak if you don't put the stopper in at the top but didn't realise that they completely drain if you don't get it in quick enough :) So I'll need to try that one again. There was a Biansi ego-t as well that I wanted to try, having like the imist apart from the wicking issues, it seems to work pretty well. I put some halo torque in it, a juice from the box that I'd always wanted to try, it smells really nice, it tastes a little muted from the biansi but I think it might just need to break in a little so looking forward to trying it more during the week.

Lots of things still to try, especially looking forward to the pina colada and halo tiki juices.

The parcel is a great idea, it's great to get to try some of these things.

So has the parcel been moved on again? Its definitely 2 weeks gone now...

It hasn't been yet I actually just logged on to ask MrPlop to PM on his details and I'll get it in the post :)

Really enjoyed having the parcel though, it was great to try the different halo juices, they're even nicer than I'd heard and I can see myself spending a fortune on them. The pina colada was really good to try too, I always wondered what that was like. And great to try an ego-t style device too to see what the fuss was all about. Hopefully some of the bits and pieces I put in will be as good for others.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, so far so good then....

stevenmu,

PM'd you my work addy - something to look forward to!

Just wanted to update people here on this. Unfortunately the parcel has gotten lost in the post. I had sent it on to MrPlop and it hasn't arrived yet. I've filled out a form with An Post to get them to look for it so hopefully it could still turn up. In case it doesn't I'll start putting together another box, and if the original hasn't turned up in the next few days I it on.

Sorry for the delay to everyone else.

Hunter Mahan if you want to drop me a PM I'll arrange to replace the bits that were lost.

Hello all,

checked with the caretakers where I work again and no sign - still hoping it'll will turn up.

Cheers.

Get a load of this - package arrived TODAY.
    Postmark on the bag clearly states the 20th of April so it took 12 days to get here.

I'm always bigging up the Irish postal service - don't know if I will do that anymore.

• Advertisement

Well thank f*ck for that :)

Does it look like it might have been opened or anything? I don't know if An Post do any kind of screening of post, but I was wondering if they do maybe x-ray stuff and something with batteries and coils might look a little suspicious which could explain the delay.

Glad it finally arrived anyway, enjoy.

Advertisement