Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kestrel D/A Complete Kit Group Buy - detailingshed.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I know it's disappointing lads and don't forget, it's affecting me too. I'll ask this in advance, please don't shoot the messenger :P

At the end of the day it's NOT detailing shed's fault. If the same things happened with the suppliers with any other detailing company in Ireland, things would be the exact same.

Also, I'm gaining nothing by standing up for them. It's merely due to the rules of boards.ie that I have to fight their corner. Please don't let this make you think badly of DS either, because of this GB, there will be other events connected to it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

I know it's disappointing lads and don't forget, it's affecting me too. I'll ask this in advance, please don't shoot the messenger :P

At the end of the day it's NOT detailing shed's fault. If the same things happened with the suppliers with any other detailing company in Ireland, things would be the exact same.

Also, I'm gaining nothing by standing up for them. It's merely due to the rules of boards.ie that I have to fight their corner. Please don't let this make you think badly of DS either, because of this GB, there will be other events connected to it in the future.

Yeah the other stuff I ordered that they had in stock was delivered within two days. I would have no problem using them again. In fact I plan to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

It has arrived!!!!

Mine hasn't :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It has arrived!!!!

Who is the courier? I won't be at my delivery address today so I'm expecting a call.

• Advertisement

Who is the courier? I won't be at my delivery address today so I'm expecting a call.

DPD. I think they usually ring well beforehand to make sure you are there and if not, to arrange another possible delivery point.

DPD. I think they usually ring well beforehand to make sure you are there and if not, to arrange another possible delivery point.

That's not too bad so, their depot is only 2/3 miles from my place.I won't be around for the collection of the pad later this week aswell, I wonder how long they will hold onto it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Stupid question, but would I be correct in assuming that we'll get the smaller backing plate when the smaller pads arrive??

That's not too bad so, their depot is only 2/3 miles from my place.I won't be around for the collection of the pad later this week aswell, I wonder how long they will hold onto it for me.

You could ask him when he delivers today and maybe sort something out.
    Stupid question, but would I be correct in assuming that we'll get the smaller backing plate when the smaller pads arrive??

Not a stupid question at all. From what I was told, it was just the 4" pads that were left out but since the D/A comes with the 6.5" backing plate I would assume that the 4" backing plate will come with the pads.

I'll get onto them and make sure.

I left work to go get breakfast and passed the DPD van which was making a delivery to my work. Thought I'd catch him when I got back but some auld one in the shop was there for (no lie) 5 minutes counting her fooken change!!! €1.20 or whatever for a litre of milk in cents...why I oughtta!!!!

According to DS, they included the 3.5" backing plate in each order and all we're waiting on is the pads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

I got my delivery a few mins ago.

ongarite wrote: »
    I got my delivery a few mins ago.

Everything included?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Everything included?
    Think so..

zqaar.jpg?1

DS received the 4" pads today. They will be sent out to us via post so we should have them tomorrow.

DS received the 4" pads today. They will be sent out to us via post so we should have them tomorrow.

Great news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

ongarite wrote: »
    Think so..

zqaar.jpg?1

Now yer cookin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

My order arrived as well, lots of extra cleaning stuff, don't know where to start.

Thanks again MM.

I haven't even gotten a phone call from DPD about delivering mine let alone getting it.

I'm getting kind of pissed off right about now :pac:

Speaking of sexy cooking ongarite, look what the courier just dropped in about an hour ago!
    ?action=view&current=DSCF0549.jpg

Ordered it last Wed. I would have jumped in on the group buy here only I had been looking at these for a while and had decided to go for the DAS6 PRO.
    Still, you guys got a really good deal - this lot cost me €248.:eek:

http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u508/KennyPowers77/?action=view&current=DSCF0549.jpg

I haven't even gotten a phone call from DPD about delivering mine let alone getting it.

Same here, pretty sure the last time they delivered to me they just dropped a card in the letterbox.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure that DPD actually ring you at all.
    I got a valeting machine delivered last week by DPD with no phone call.
    Polisher kit delivered today by DPD also without any phone call.

DPD have never phoned before delivering to me before, in fact no courier has. If I miss the delivery I usually collect the package later that evening at the local depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

got mine also. thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I ordered some of the 500ml pre-packed sample tardis tar removers from cleancar.ie as detailingshed.ie was out of stock. The large bottle of it would most likely go unused anyway so they are good value at €5.95 (€30 for the big bottle). I ordered two which should be loads for the cars for a few uses. One of the cars is a light colour and really would benefit from this as it destroyed from tar as the local roads have been resurfaced in the last few months.

I have been informed that this is incredibly important prior to using the polisher.

Do you guys have house numbers? Any time I have stuff sent by courier, they always ring to ask which house it is.

Do you guys have house numbers? Any time I have stuff sent by courier, they always ring to ask which house it is.

Yup, mine is the number three :).

You can borrow it if you like.

Aye MM, you could be onto something there alright.

My house has no number you see so I always expect a call. I've my mind set that I'm not getting it today so hopefully it'll be with me tomorrow.

Guaranteed that I won't have it until the weather turns pure miserable again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Came home to a nice auto gylm labelled box! Lots of little goodies inside.

Cheers again..weather cleared too!! :)

• Advertisement

Got mine from the depot! Not allowed open it as its a birthday pressie tho

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement