Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kestrel D/A Complete Kit Group Buy - detailingshed.com

Options
  • 27-03-2012 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

So I have taken it upon myself to organise a group buy for the Kestrel D/A kit with CleanCar.ie.

If we get 10 people, the price is €175 per kit and it's FREE DELIVERY anyway.

You can view the kit HERE

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just before I put my name down and a genuine question - I would be nervous using this on my car the first time. Do you need a lot of experience to use it effectively or is it straightforward?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Just before I put my name down and a genuine question - I would be nervous using this on my car the first time. Do you need a lot of experience to use it effectively or is it straightforward?

They are fairly safe.. I think you have to be a proper fool to wreck the paint..
    I did a bit of a clio first time i used one then a few weeks ago myself and a friend did his whole M3.. Come up a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nah you don't, I let Metzgermeister at my paintwork with one a while back and the closest thing he used before it was a 12v buffer from aldi or some such :D

There's plenty of guides all over the internet and there's even advice in the detailing thread here on how to use one properly :)

• Advertisement

Nah you don't, I let Metzgermeister at my paintwork with one a while back and the closest thing he used before it was a 12v buffer from aldi or some such :D

There's plenty of guides all over the internet and there's even advice in the detailing thread here on how to use one properly :)

And do you think I didn't do any research and watch lots of videos on technique etc. before going near your paint?? :p

BTW, it was from Argos, not Aldi and you were too fooken lazy as usual to do it yourself so that's why I had to do it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

they are pretty easy to use. i have one myself. its not something you will use every week on your car, well not for paint correction anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

God damn it. Already spent €1000 today on bloody coilovers. Then you put this up here just to tempt me.

I had to click the link. I need it now. Sign me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs
    4. OSI
    5. JerCotter7

How long will it take to get it back in stock MM?

How long will it take to get it back in stock MM?

He didn't say. What he did say is that when the new ones come in that they'll be at 23% VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ah go on so!

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs
    4. OSI
    5. JerCotter7
    6. Standard Toaster

UPDATE:

I might be able to get this same kit for a better price. Leave it with me.

Keep adding the names though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ill wait for the new price so....or else ill pay you to do it MM :)

Ill wait for the new price so....or else ill pay you to do it MM :)

If you were interested in the old price, put your name down ;)

Ooooh now im all excited :pac:

I'll make it easy for ya....

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs
    4. OSI
    5. JerCotter7
    6. Standard Toaster
    7. Ardennes1944

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs
    4. OSI
    5. JerCotter7
    6. Standard Toaster
    7. Ardennes1944
    8. MuppetCheck

Worth a shot if the price is good I suppose. The old Mondeo out front needs some tlc.

When will you know and how will we pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

Can you stick me down for one of hese please MasterButcher? Any move downwards on the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I don't know if I should post this here but I'll do it anyways!

I got this kit and a load of polishes etc off Andy in Detailer.ie last June but for lots of reason I actually haven't tried it yet! (And I've forgotten most of what Andy said!).

Anyways on the day I bought them he said he does demos on a Sat if there are enough people (5 or 6 at least) and I was thinking of getting a few friends together and doing this but I can't get in contact with Andy. I know he was ill so has he shut down or still out sick?

Do you know if cleancar.ie would do similar MM? I know its probably not rocket science to use but I wouldn't mind doing a demo day anyways!

• Advertisement

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs
    4. OSI
    5. JerCotter7
    6. Standard Toaster
    7. Ardennes1944
    8. MuppetCheck
    9. Chuck Norris

@irelandspurs - we will know as soon as we get 10. There has been a bit of a good development which I will post about once a few things are sorted out. It will be today so don't worry ;)

@no1beemerfan - The whole situation with Andy and detailer.ie is a touchy one at the moment. All I'll say is that he won't be doing it. With regard to a demo, this will have to be discussed once this group buy is done. It's a good possibility that it will happen.

If it doesn't happen, I know a good bit about it and wouldn't mind showing people if they wanted it organised.

Thanks to everyone for their support in this. We just need 2 more and those persons will get a pat on the back for making it happen :D

1. MetzgerMeister
    2. TestTransmission
    3. Irelandspurs
    4. OSI
    5. JerCotter7
    6. Standard Toaster
    7. MuppetCheck
    8. Chuck Norris

forgot you put my name down!

Right chaps, here's the good news! I've been in contact with detailingshed.com and they have given an excellent kit for €155.

1* ...DAS-6 Dual Action Polisher
    3* ... 4" Polishing Pads (Heavy, Medium, Finishing) Chemical Guys Hex Logic
    1* ...3.5" Backing Plate
    2* ...Chemical Guys Polish (V36 Cutting, V38 Finishing) - 16oz bottles (2*473ml), CC.ie 3*250ml
    1* ....Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile, amazing towel
    1* ....3M 3434 Blue Masking Tape 25m - CC.ie have it pictured, but not on their list

Delivery included!

So all in, we're looking at 155, based on a GB of 10.

There is a few things missing compared to the CC kit BUT they aren't needed and for €20 less, you won't miss them.

Again, we only get this if we have 10 people and rightly so.

Everyone will have to pay up-front and nothing will move until everyone has paid.

Then once everyone is paid up, 5 working days for the kits to arrive on your doorstep :D

I don't think there's any need to start a new list so if everyone is happy with this, we just need 2 more names.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 imolazed

There is a few things missing compared to the CC kit BUT they aren't needed and for €20 less, you won't miss them.

You may want to look at that again, I think I'd miss a full set of 6.5" pads personally.

imolazed wrote: »
    You may want to look at that again, I think I'd miss a full set of 6.5" pads personally.

What's the point of 6.5" pads when the D/A comes with a 3.5" backing plate? Pressure can only be applied to the 3.5" of the pad which makes the rest of it a waste.

The alternative is that the users buy a 6.5" backing plate at extra expense but at least they have the choice to get both the backing plate and pads if they want outside of this deal.

What's the point of 6.5" pads when the D/A comes with a 3.5" backing plate? Pressure can only be applied to the 3.5" of the pad which makes the rest of it a waste.

The alternative is that the users buy a 6.5" backing plate at extra expense but at least they have the choice to get both the backing plate and pads if they want outside of this deal.

I wouldn't fancy polishing a whole car with a 4inch pad, but again, personal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You'd have access to a warehouse full of them pads though ;)

You are John from CleanCar.ie right?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You are John from CleanCar.ie right?

I am indeed Colm, however it doesn't make my comment any less relevant. There are multiple reasons why you wouldn't polish a whole car with a spot pad.

The first is the sheer scale of the task -

7024581447_9c4455ba5a.jpg

The second is that a spot pad concentrates it's heat to a much smaller area. Given the fact we're dealing with first time users, that isn't a good thing.

And lastly, from experience of training users a first timer will have a tendency to tip the machine instead of holding it perfectly level. The small pad extenuates this trait, causing increased holograms on soft paint.

Quite simply the newly proposed kit isn't suitable. It also cannot be compared to our Complete Kit, it is infact closer to our Starter Kit which I offered David (MM) at €155 for 5 names.

There are no hard feelings either way, but it's important buyers are fully informed and not blinded by price.

• Advertisement

I am indeed Colm, however it doesn't make my comment any less relevant. There are multiple reasons why you wouldn't polish a whole car with a spot pad.

The first is the sheer scale of the task -

7024581447_9c4455ba5a.jpg

The second is that a spot pad concentrates it's heat to a much smaller area. Given the fact we're dealing with first time users, that isn't a good thing.

And lastly, from experience of training users a first timer will have a tendency to tip the machine instead of holding it perfectly level. The small pad extenuates this trait, causing increased holograms on soft paint.

Quite simply the newly proposed kit isn't suitable. It also cannot be compared to our Complete Kit, it is infact closer to our Starter Kit which I offered David (MM) at €155 for 5 names.

There are no hard feelings either way, but it's important buyers are fully informed and not blinded by price.
    I used both pads the other day and found the bigger pad easier.Think i'd make to much damage on big panels just with the smaller pad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement