Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland west Aiport flights to Paris/Milan/Franfurt 18 Euro return April

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Thankfully not everyone is as stupid as you were then. If people fail to read the conditions, fail to do any sort of research then they deserve what happens to them, it's financial darwinism.

MODS is it acceptable to call someone STUPID in this forum, especially someone who is only trying to help people from making same mistakes I have in the past

@Schemingbohemia no need for personal insults

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Are you saying that what you did then wasn't stupid? I would have to disagree.

Perhaps I should amend my statement to "Not everyone will act as stupidly as you did back then".

Perhaps I should amend my statement to "Not everyone will act as stupidly as you did back then".

Yes I would say what I did was not stupid it was naive of me alright but im sure I was not the first and wont be the last

But we are taking this totally of thread

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

campo wrote: »
    I am being realistic there is plenty of people out there who just see the headline figure of 15e flight and they go ahead and book it ( not noticing the sneaky way Ryanair add the admin charge ) they get to airport and have to pay 10e each to fly out they get to a Airport that is 45km from Milan and have to pay for fair to get into Milan and then come home and pay 35e to get their car out of car park, I understand you and other posters might already know all these facts but there is still plenty of people out there who only see the 15e flight charge and thats what keeps companies like Ryanair in buisness

We don't pay a CC charge because the Missus has a moneybookers Mastercard Debit card.

Airport development fee is the Airports problem, its the same if you fly from Norwich for example.

Airport parking is normal, when we fly from Amsterdam we get the long term parking as it would cost that much to get there and back by train anyway including fuel.

Nothing specific to Ryanair really, even if you fly with KLM to Norwich you have to pay the fee.

So basically your complaining about

- A fee you can avoid.
    - An Airport fee thats nothing to do with Ryanair.
    - The cost of parking at the Airport which is something you'd have to pay anyway, again nothing to do with Ryanair.
    Case in point in my younger days I flew over to " Brussells " with Ryanair with what I thought was a cheap flight ( started at 11e then admin charges brought it 43e ) so I get to "Brussels" go into a cab and ask him to take me to my hotel....30 minutes later I am paying 180e to a cab driver , fair enough I made plenty of mistakes I should have looked up where the airport was , I should have asked the cab driver how much to hotel etc but I was young and it was my 1st trip away and I would hate to see some other young person and older couple get caught in same way by just going with the headline figure of 15e

Must have been some Taxi, its an hour drive to Brussels, expensive lesson but you'll know for future reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Dont get me wrong its a good price and I would even say a bargain I would just hate to see anyone get suckered in the headline figure of 15e

Case in point in my younger days I flew over to " Brussells " with Ryanair with what I thought was a cheap flight ( started at 11e then admin charges brought it 43e ) so I get to "Brussels" go into a cab and ask him to take me to my hotel....30 minutes later I am paying 180e to a cab driver , fair enough I made plenty of mistakes I should have looked up where the airport was , I should have asked the cab driver how much to hotel etc but I was young and it was my 1st trip away and I would hate to see some other young person and older couple get caught in same way by just going with the headline figure of 15e

I just cannot believe you landed at Charleoi and reckoned that was the main Brussels Airport. No way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

kn wrote: »
    I just cannot believe you landed at Charleoi and reckoned that was the main Brussels Airport. No way.

In fairness everyone assumes I live in Amsterdam when I say I live in The Netherlands and everyone here assumes I'm from Dublin when I say I'm from Ireland :D

But yeh, I can't believe anyone would just turn up someplace without checking first !

It was my 2nd time on a plane so when I booked a flight to Brussels silly me actually thought I was going to Brussels , lesson learnt the hard way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

not everyone is so travel savy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Just booked flights to Beauvais there for 2 adults n 2 kids. 48 euro admin fee. Annoying since I only topped up my pre pay MasterCard by the quoted amount for the flights as last time was no admin on the pre pays so had to go back up and top up again. Still €350 cheaper than same dates outta Dublin. The thing that pisses me off most about all this is not the varying prices and hidden charges but the fact that I live 20 mins from a perfectly good airport that flys nowhere!! What's travel time from limerick to irl west airport car park? Early morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Stab*City wrote: »
    Just booked flights to Beauvais there for 2 adults n 2 kids. 48 euro admin fee. Annoying since I only topped up my pre pay MasterCard by the quoted amount for the flights as last time was no admin on the pre pays so had to go back up and top up again. Still €350 cheaper than same dates outta Dublin. The thing that pisses me off most about all this is not the varying prices and hidden charges but the fact that I live 20 mins from a perfectly good airport that flys nowhere!! What's travel time from limerick to irl west airport car park? Early morning.

About 2 hours id say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭bensweeney

Well by the looks of it you were very stupid.

This 'development fee' is bizarre, I had to pay it the last time I flew out of Knock. I wouldn't have minded if it had been flagged anywhere beforehand but it was never mentioned on any of the ticketing or flight details. It's literally a lad sitting at a folding table beside the passport control demanding a tenner off everyone that walks by.

Thats how the airport funds itself, by a passenger levy. The taxpayers fund Shannon Dublin and Cork.

I'd prefer if passengers funded all airports instead of the taxpayer. The taxpayer gives 8 million a year to Shannon just to keep it open and it has over 100 million in debt. Knock funds itself.

D'ont expect alot there, it provides cheap flights by keeping costs and services low.

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    This all sounds good, but the big question is, how much cheaper is the parking in Knock Airport compared to Dublin airports parking charges? EDIT: And how much time do you need to allocate to being there in advance for your flight?

It is one of the quickest airports i've ever gone through. Had a flight to Bristol last week at 2.30pm, Left work in castlebar at 1.30. In airport at 1.55, through security at 2pm and boarding at 2.15pm. Its almost like a bus terminal:D:D

Was going to book flights to Milan came to 28e return
    Until I came to payment and when I wanted to pay by Visa 24e was added to final charge, add 10e for airport charge and 35e for 4 days parking you are now looking at 107e to fly there and back still a good price but not what I would call a bargain

You should be using the moneybookers credit card to avoid the 24e visa fee.

OldRio wrote: »
    Deary me.
    The Airport is a joy compared to Dublin.
    Costs us folk in the west a tidy sum to get to Dublin (2 fecking tolls), never mind the time parking in the airport. 10 euro is nothing.

Moaning about a 107euro charge for Milan.
    *hits head on brick wall*

Dont forget a minimum of 70 euro to drive return to Dublin or SHannon in ever increasing petrol costs. C'ant see how flying is still so cheap ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just checked Knock to Frankfurt/Hahn 16euro return. The only additional charge is admin fee.
    20.80euro return from Airport to Koblenz on a bus !!!!!!!
    Thinking of a 3 night break in the middle of this month with 'She who must be obeyed'

Prices of hotels are a bit off putting.

OldRio wrote: »
    Just checked Knock to Frankfurt/Hahn 16euro return. The only additional charge is admin fee.
    20.80euro return from Airport to Koblenz on a bus !!!!!!!
    Thinking of a 3 night break in the middle of this month with 'She who must be obeyed'

Prices of hotels are a bit off putting.

The best i have seen yet is the 10th - 12th of May is 11 euros return to Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Stab*City wrote: »
    What's travel time from limerick to irl west airport car park? Early morning.

Leaving Limerick at 7am, 2 hours 30 minutes approx.
    Allow more because you could encounter traffic delays in Claregalway & Tuam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,850 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

bagels wrote: »
    Leaving Limerick at 7am, 2 hours 30 minutes approx.
    Allow more because you could encounter traffic delays in Claregalway & Tuam
    and if not a traffic jam, some auld one doing 40kmh on a road where you wort get overtaking whether because of the road or too much oncoming traffic.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Advertisement