Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland west Aiport flights to Paris/Milan/Franfurt 18 Euro return April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Parking charges are about the same. It's very quick to get through the airport due to it's size so you don't as much processing time as in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

jenno86 wrote: »
    You're using a service provided by the airport. Would that not be some sort of stealing?

No. According to the Montreal Convention imposing these kind of charges or duties on International travel is unlawful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

Rawhead wrote: »
    It's internet lawyers like this that end up getting cuffed and thrown in the back of a squad car. I fecking hate this "I KNOW MY BLEEDIN RIGHTS" brigade that quote law they pulled out of their arseholes. I suppose the Guard can't arrest you if he doesn't have his cap on either.
    Pay the €10 or go somewhere else.

+1,000,000....!!!
    Charge them with assault...:rolleyes: no wonder we've been paying rocketing insurance over the years with this type of pc attitude..

The fact is knock airport is a fantastic service for people living in the west. Christ we havnt even got a train service & a half assed bus service to use.
    With galway airport going down the tubes and shannon getting quieter by the day, I for one will be happy to pay a tenner to use a local service to get me all over europe.

Whatever it takes to keep this vital service running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭coup1917

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    This all sounds good, but the big question is, how much cheaper is the parking in Knock Airport compared to Dublin airports parking charges? EDIT: And how much time do you need to allocate to being there in advance for your flight?

If youve checked in online you could literally turn up 20 mins before your gate is due to close. Would give you enough time to park, walk in and pay your tenner fee, get your baggage checked etc. and still be in time to board.. It is too easy really. Give it a half hour and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

kn wrote: »
    No. According to the Montreal Convention imposing these kind of charges or duties on International travel is unlawful.

Show me where it says that, please.

Copy of the Convention available here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Basq wrote: »
    I'll happily pay the €10 development fee since it's only 45 minutes drive from me..

.. as opposed to 2.5 hours to Dublin airport.

Or you could get the bus.

Bus Eireann (Galway/Derry Service) stops at airport every 2 hours or so. About €15 return. Saves on fuel and parking charges, and means you can have a few beers before catching return flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

coup1917 wrote: »
    If youve checked in online you could literally turn up 20 mins before your gate is due to close. Would give you enough time to park, walk in and pay your tenner fee, get your baggage checked etc. and still be in time to board.. It is too easy really. Give it a half hour and you'll be fine.

I take it the parkings really close and you dont have to get ridiculous buses to and from the parking lots?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    I take it the parkings really close and you dont have to get ridiculous buses to and from the parking lots?
    Nah, parking is just outside.
    Yellow Dog wrote: »
    Or you could get the bus.

Bus Eireann (Galway/Derry Service) stops at airport every 2 hours or so. About €15 return. Saves on fuel and parking charges, and means you can have a few beers before catching return flight.
    I came back from Liverpool last year, and that bus was almost 45 minutes late.

Was told it rarely happens, but wasn't happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Show me where it says that, please.

Copy of the Convention available here.

Sorry, I meant to say the 1944 Chicago Convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone that actually uses this airport would and should gladly pay the development fee. It is the handiest airport ever to go through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Basq wrote: »
    Nah, parking is just outside.

I came back from Liverpool last year, and that bus was almost 45 minutes late.

Was told it rarely happens, but wasn't happy!

Bus can be late.

You could always keep an eye on it's progress here:

http://www.whensmybus.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

most definitely a bargain alert and well worth the 10er development fee as opposed to 2 tolls over to Dublin and 2 home plus the 1.5ish hour drive from Longford. Knock is so handy for anyone west/westish and if people dont like the 10er fee well simply put don't use the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Rawhead wrote: »
    It's internet lawyers like this that end up getting cuffed and thrown in the back of a squad car. I fecking hate this "I KNOW MY BLEEDIN RIGHTS" brigade that quote law they pulled out of their arseholes. I suppose the Guard can't arrest you if he doesn't have his cap on either.
    Pay the €10 or go somewhere else.

Love you. This whole forum is FULL of idiots like this. Have a look at the "48 Months" topic is hilarious.

"The website is up since today and there is no address AVOID ITS A SCAM"

or... or.. it hadnt been added yet since the site had only gone live.

now back to the sun with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Was going to book flights to Milan came to 28e return
    Until I came to payment and when I wanted to pay by Visa 24e was added to final charge, add 10e for airport charge and 35e for 4 days parking you are now looking at 107e to fly there and back still a good price but not what I would call a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

campo wrote: »
    Was going to book flights to Milan came to 28e return
    Until I came to payment and when I wanted to pay by Visa 24e was added to final charge, add 10e for airport charge and 35e for 4 days parking you are now looking at 107e to fly there and back still a good price but not what I would call a bargain

I'm not really sure you understand what a bargain is. Do you expect to fly to Milan for free? This fare is cheaper than others available ergo it's a bargain.

If you can't afford €107 to go to Milan it's probably just as well that you don't go, you'll have to pay for food and drinks and you know living whilst there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

kn wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant to say the 1944 Chicago Convention.

Again, nothing there. No more spoofing, please.

The word unlawful isn't even used.

I shall desist from thread spoiling now.

I'm not really sure you understand what a bargain is. Do you expect to fly to Milan for free? This fare is cheaper than others available ergo it's a bargain.

If you can't afford €107 to go to Milan it's probably just as well that you don't go, you'll have to pay for food and drinks and you know living whilst there.

No I dont expect to go to Milan for free if I did I would look up the freebie thread, I can WELL afford to pay for food, drink and great hotels my point being was that if you think you are getting a bargain by getting a Ryanair flight for 11e then you would be very much wrong as you have to factor in all the extra like parking, airport charges , admin charges and that is even before you have to pay to get from Airport to Milan which is also a nice distance away I was only trying to help people who are a bit low on cash and thought this would be a nice CHEAP holiday away and to point out it is not as CHEAP as you might think.

oh and I never said I was not going I still booked it but before people should go about spouting Bargain which only entices people to take up these offers then all other factors should be added in thats all im saying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

1_I_Dont_Want_to_Live_on_This_Planet_Anymore-s500x282-295658-580.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,937 ✭✭✭OldRio

Deary me.
    The Airport is a joy compared to Dublin.
    Costs us folk in the west a tidy sum to get to Dublin (2 fecking tolls), never mind the time parking in the airport. 10 euro is nothing.

Moaning about a 107euro charge for Milan.
    *hits head on brick wall*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

why isnt it part of the airline fare though?
    say a family of four turns up, €40 to pay seemily out of the blue is a hassle. never heard of it done before, id have no problem paying it as long as i knew about beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭signostic

adamski8 wrote: »
    say a family of four turns up, €40 to pay seemily out of the blue is a hassle. never heard of it done before, id have no problem paying it as long as i knew about beforehand
    Afaik the airlines wont added to their fares but on the Knock Airport website - http://www.irelandwestairport.com/
    Down on the right side of the page "Important Notice" in flashing text

took me a while to see that and i was looking for it, looked like an advert at the start!
    im sure about zero percent of tourists check out the airports website they are flying in and out of. i can imagine it causing a lot of confusion for these new tourists these routes will attract. reminds me of that simpsons episode where the added all sorts of crazy taxes, not nice for people at the end of their vacation to turn up and see they have to pay more money after the high prices of ireland to leave it

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭snowdaze

adamski8 wrote: »

it's a small price to pay - worth every penny!

We can be surprised by many things when we travel through an airport for the first time....price of parking....price of restaurant etc etc

There is a similar charge at Riga airport....I had to pay 4 Lats ...that was only for Ryanair passengers...yes, it was worth it too:)

snowdaze wrote: »
    it's a small price to pay - worth every penny!

We can be surprised by many things when we travel through an airport for the first time....price of parking....price of restaurant etc etc

There is a similar charge at Riga airport....I had to pay 4 Lats ...that was only for Ryanair passengers...yes, it was worth it too:)
    what about tourists, which is the supposed great advantages of these new routes right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

If you don't want to pay the €10 charge you could always dig up Father Horan and get him to run a few dances.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

No I dont expect to go to Milan for free if I did I would look up the freebie thread, I can WELL afford to pay for food, drink and great hotels my point being was that if you think you are getting a bargain by getting a Ryanair flight for 11e then you would be very much wrong as you have to factor in all the extra like parking, airport charges , admin charges and that is even before you have to pay to get from Airport to Milan which is also a nice distance away I was only trying to help people who are a bit low on cash and thought this would be a nice CHEAP holiday away and to point out it is not as CHEAP as you might think.

oh and I never said I was not going I still booked it but before people should go about spouting Bargain which only entices people to take up these offers then all other factors should be added in thats all im saying
    You might as well start listing the rent/mortgage you are wasting by not living in your house while you are gone as well.

ludermor wrote: »
    You might as well start listing the rent/mortgage you are wasting by not living in your house while you are gone as well.

I am being realistic there is plenty of people out there who just see the headline figure of 15e flight and they go ahead and book it ( not noticing the sneaky way Ryanair add the admin charge ) they get to airport and have to pay 10e each to fly out they get to a Airport that is 45km from Milan and have to pay for fair to get into Milan and then come home and pay 35e to get their car out of car park, I understand you and other posters might already know all these facts but there is still plenty of people out there who only see the 15e flight charge and thats what keeps companies like Ryanair in buisness

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

OK , forgetting about the 35 quid for parking the total price for a return price to Milan works out at £72 , if you cant see that this is a bargain ( which is the forum this thread is in) then i give up. You would nearly pay that for a train from Westport to Dublin FFS.

ludermor wrote: »
    OK , forgetting about the 35 quid for parking the total price for a return price to Milan works out at £72 , if you cant see that this is a bargain ( which is the forum this thread is in) then i give up. You would nearly pay that for a train from Westport to Dublin FFS.

Dont get me wrong its a good price and I would even say a bargain I would just hate to see anyone get suckered in the headline figure of 15e

Case in point in my younger days I flew over to " Brussells " with Ryanair with what I thought was a cheap flight ( started at 11e then admin charges brought it 43e ) so I get to "Brussels" go into a cab and ask him to take me to my hotel....30 minutes later I am paying 180e to a cab driver , fair enough I made plenty of mistakes I should have looked up where the airport was , I should have asked the cab driver how much to hotel etc but I was young and it was my 1st trip away and I would hate to see some other young person and older couple get caught in same way by just going with the headline figure of 15e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Dont get me wrong its a good price and I would even say a bargain I would just hate to see anyone get suckered in the headline figure of 15e

Case in point in my younger days I flew over to " Brussells " with Ryanair with what I thought was a cheap flight ( started at 11e then admin charges brought it 43e ) so I get to "Brussels" go into a cab and ask him to take me to my hotel....30 minutes later I am paying 180e to a cab driver , fair enough I made plenty of mistakes I should have looked up where the airport was , I should have asked the cab driver how much to hotel etc but I was young and it was my 1st trip away and I would hate to see some other young person and older couple get caught in same way by just going with the headline figure of 15e

Thankfully not everyone is as stupid as you were then. If people fail to read the conditions, fail to do any sort of research then they deserve what happens to them, it's financial darwinism.

Advertisement