Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamakasi Catleap monitor club.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm
    good thing it'll be a few weeks before I can afford one, so much to read before I even settle on a monitor to start saving for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

My catleap got delayed in Korea, but it's in Germany resting now.

Don't really get why it'd be delayed there but *shrug*

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Crossover-2720MDP-GOLD-LED-Pivot-DP-Port-HDMI-2560x1440-WQHD-S-IPS-Monitor-/140764762706?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20c63bd252
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Crossover-2720MDP-GOLD-LED-DP-Port-HDMI-2560x1440-WQHD-S-IPS-Monitor-/130705679641?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1e6eaa6519

anyone have a notion why there's $30 difference in price between these two? they're the same monitor, same shipping cost, same seller. i don't think either would be "pixel perfect" really as they both have the same <5 dead pixel disclaimer on the page.

ive seen a few shops doing that, same monitor being priced with 30+ in the difference and no real reason taht I can see why

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Crossover-2720MDP-GOLD-LED-Pivot-DP-Port-HDMI-2560x1440-WQHD-S-IPS-Monitor-/140764762706?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item20c63bd252
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Crossover-2720MDP-GOLD-LED-DP-Port-HDMI-2560x1440-WQHD-S-IPS-Monitor-/130705679641?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item1e6eaa6519

anyone have a notion why there's $30 difference in price between these two? they're the same monitor, same shipping cost, same seller. i don't think either would be "pixel perfect" really as they both have the same <5 dead pixel disclaimer on the page.

ive seen a few shops doing that, same monitor being priced with 30+ in the difference and no real reason taht I can see why
    The first one says pivot in the url. Maybe it has a different stand.

yeah but they're both "2720MDP"'s and the P in that stands for pivot afaik so they'd both have pivoting stands

the MD is multiple display I think, so the hdmi/dvi/etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

/\/ollog wrote: »
    My catleap got delayed in Korea, but it's in Germany resting now.

Don't really get why it'd be delayed there but *shrug*

European hub for most couriers are there, its probably awaiting a dublin flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    yea that's not going to happen on a catleap. we have no access to the monitor menu.

Can something like that be done through graphics drivers though?

yeah but they're both "2720MDP"'s and the P in that stands for pivot afaik so they'd both have pivoting stands

the MD is multiple display I think, so the hdmi/dvi/etc etc

If you look at both pics they have different stands. I'm fairly sure the cheaper one does not pivot.

oh christ, you're right i see the difference in the pictures now

my apologies to the cushion, shouldn't have doubted the almighty

--edit

and another thing I just noticed in those pictures

it shows the black bars at the side of the image in the 16:9 to 4:3 comparison.. so maybe it will do what I was asking about with the black bars @ 1920x1080 a few posts up

anyone witha crossover... just how glossy are these screens?

atm the only space for a computer in my room is right beside a large window and I quite like having the curtains drawn and window open during the day... from what I've been reading online this wont be an option with the glossy screens ?

im wondering just how much I'd be able to really notice the difference in quality between the glossy crossovers and the matte dell u2711. i've seen a *lot* of people bitching about the dell matte but these strike me as the type of people who had already decided to hate matte and were looking for reasons to be butthurt.

ED E wrote: »
    European hub for most couriers are there, its probably awaiting a dublin flight.

European hub is in Korea?
    It progressed fine through leipzeig and the other German city it went through. The only delay was exiting Korea. Just found that weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

European hub is in Korea?
    It progressed fine through leipzeig and the other German city it went through. The only delay was exiting Korea. Just found that weird.

I'd say he thought you meant it was delayed in Germany as a lot of European orders seen to go that way and tbh so did I until I re read your post, silly me, I'm so used to stuff I order going through Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Just got my Catleap in the post. Was shipped on thursday so pretty happy with the delivery speed. I wasnt home when DHL initially called but they came back an hour later, although i was hit by €59 import duty.

Absolutely blown away by the monitor so far. Amazed by the amount of workspace. But i do feel some pity for my 6850, she's gonna struggle for a few weeks before i can grab an upgrade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Just got my Catleap in the post. Was shipped on thursday so pretty happy with the delivery speed. I wasnt home when DHL initially called but they came back an hour later, although i was hit by €59 import duty.

Absolutely blown away by the monitor so far. Amazed by the amount of workspace. But i do feel some pity for my 6850, she's gonna struggle for a few weeks before i can grab an upgrade :D
    I really like to hear how you get on with over clocking .
    Did you get the multi input version?

just bought a Perfect Pixel Potalion 2710QW from bigclothcraft

was gona get a different one from accesorieswhole next week but I managed to scrape the funds together today and said **** it, the sooner the better. and they're so cheap I might be able to pick another one up before the end of the year anyway

came to 288 altogether, ebay said it'd be 276 but paypal disagreed. still a good price. asked for it to be shipped with ems as the three times i've used ems from china before that for orders over 150 it just sailed on through customs

ill probably enbd up getting a better stand for it in the future, after I upgrade my gfx. anyone got suggestions for where to look for a stand? had a quick peek on amazon but they're all wallmount or desk clamp jobs, not what i'm after at all.

just bought a Perfect Pixel Potalion 2710QW from bigclothcraft

was gona get a different one from accesorieswhole next week but I managed to scrape the funds together today and said **** it, the sooner the better. and they're so cheap I might be able to pick another one up before the end of the year anyway

came to 288 altogether, ebay said it'd be 276 but paypal disagreed. still a good price. asked for it to be shipped with ems as the three times i've used ems from china before that for orders over 150 it just sailed on through customs

ill probably enbd up getting a better stand for it in the future, after I upgrade my gfx. anyone got suggestions for where to look for a stand? had a quick peek on amazon but they're all wallmount or desk clamp jobs, not what i'm after at all.
    Nice one,
    I’m almost there too…

I just need to understand if I can calibrate the color profiles.
    I do a lot of photography editing and printing and use a Pantone Eye One Match calibration spider which allows the RGB to be adjusted via the OSD.

If these panels don’t have any OSD, how is color calibration carried out? Can this be done via the driver?

afaik you generally have to use the gfx card driver yeah

but I think most/all of the "multi" monitors have osd's so your coloromiter might work with them... I've definitely seen people over on overclockers.net using coloromiters so it can be done.. dunno if it's model/brand specific though

Thanks,
    I’ll ask the guys over at overclock.net or 120Hz.net

I have an 8800GTX that should work for photography, but will probably crawl for gaming.

What happened when this monitor is driven at a lower resolution, does it stretch the image or create back side bars?
    Sorry of this has been asked before….

afaik (and to be honest, I dont know much :) )

the regular monitors across all brands just stretch the image
    but the multis, the ones with hdmi/composite and all that have scalers so they have the option (or else do it by default) to display the lower res without stretching and show black bars on the side. they're the ones that have the osd's as well. i dont think any of the non-multi display option models have osds but i'm not certain on that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

but I think most/all of the "multi" monitors have osd's so your coloromiter might work with them... I've definitely seen people over on overclockers.net using coloromiters so it can be done.. dunno if it's model/brand specific though

Maybe you guys should try and buy a colourimeter between yourselves and share it around.
    Pretty sure you don't need an OSD to calibrate this way.

(Could also use it on your HDTV, useful things)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

trackerman wrote: »
    Thanks,
    I’ll ask the guys over at overclock.net or 120Hz.net

I have an 8800GTX that should work for photography, but will probably crawl for gaming.

What happened when this monitor is driven at a lower resolution, does it stretch the image or create back side bars?
    Sorry of this has been asked before….

I've been using a 9800gt (which is almost the exact same, like really almost the exact same) and it has been absolutely great. And it has pretty much destroyed old games at 2560x1440p. I get pretty much a constant 300fps on counterstrike source with full AA AF etc. I hope it doesn't stretch the image, because being able to play with say 20 inches of screen used at 1920x1200 is really great because it's about 110 dpi. (PPI really) so it looks really sharp and holds the quality since it isn't scaling the image.

• Advertisement

what was the average delivery time for people here?

bleedin timezone screwed me today, bigclothcraft emailed me around 2am irish time and I only managed to email them back around 5pm korean as I woke up then to watch the starcraft :)

if it gets shipped tomorrow I'd be looking at a monday/tuesday delivery yeah?

what was the average delivery time for people here?

bleedin timezone screwed me today, bigclothcraft emailed me around 2am irish time and I only managed to email them back around 5pm korean as I woke up then to watch the starcraft :)

if it gets shipped tomorrow I'd be looking at a monday/tuesday delivery yeah?

I ordered the 20th, it was marked as dispatched the same day.
    Tracking says it was at 17:44 on the 22nd that it was in the Korean postal services.
    It's in Shannon since 5am the 25th, hasn't moved.
    Considering it went across the globe in 3 days and is in Shannon with two, Ireland must suck at posting things.

that is pretty strange. any time i've ordered large quantities of e-cig stuff from china, it came with ems and while it may have takena while to get through china and to ireland.. once it landed here i always had it the next day

i guess maybe it's a bit different with larger packages instead of the "35 dollar toy doll houses" I was ordering :D

The problem is customs, pretty much. It's taking them forever to decide how much they want to charge me in duty.

awiid okay, emailed dhl, who replied pretty fast in fairness to ask for the purchase price. Customs don't believe it was bought that cheap :p

awiid okay, emailed dhl, who replied pretty fast in fairness to ask for the purchase price. Customs don't believe it was bought that cheap :p

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What price was it declared at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

its even better cause in the price you've paid you've covered $100 for shipping.

do they count that 100 as shipping on the invoice though?

i kinda wish they had the price as 178 euro and 100 shipping instead of 288 with free shipping, for that reason

although I guess the 288 and free looks better than 178 + 100... damn monkey brains

tuxy wrote: »
    What price was it declared at?

twas actually declared 50 yoyos less than i paid.
    I assume actual cost minus postage?

• Advertisement

well it'll take 1-3 days to inspect the monitor and he's shipping with dhl :/

ah well, hopefully customs wont sting me for too much

--edit

ok, 1-3 days, or 1-3 hours

i has tracking number \o/

Advertisement