Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Scared ****less but excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Danny911

Any mature students apply there? Any mature students currently there know when they heard back last year?

Just wondering when I will hear back from them for interview/aptitude test.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Azures

Danny911 wrote: »
    Any mature students apply there? Any mature students currently there know when they heard back last year?

Just wondering when I will hear back from them for interview/aptitude test.

Hi Danny,
    I'm also waiting, I think the MSAP results should be out next weekend- so I expect it will be a few weeks yet before we hear. Do they do interviews aswell!? I'm hoping to do Arts English &IT...This waiting is awful isn't it!

peacock169 wrote: »
    Received letter from Maynooth to come for interview on April 4th for Biotechnology. Rang DCU and they said interviews begin week starting April 16th, so on that basis i would expect letters, (invitation or rejection) should be 2 weeks previous. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

I'm waiting to hear about English Studies at TCD- but got a rejection for the TSM at TCD on Friday as I filled in the supplementary form wrong and it was too late to do anything when I realised. Doh!
    Has anyone had an interview or offer for English Studies?
    Also had an interview at St. Patricks Maynooth already.
    Any news about UCD or NUIG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Danny911

As far as I know they don't do interviews, and it's based on an aptitude test mid April so I've heard. Not 100% on that though, maybe someone with more knowledge on it will be along to help us out soon :)

Yeah the waiting game is one I'm not too fond of playing either :(

Hope you get sorted though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Dores

thank You grasshopper1.
    I haven't done any of the Access courses, But a good few of Fetac ones, which kept
    me constantly in some form of education for the last few years...

Nothing of that was even close to History, so I understand this could be a matter...

I will still wait for 'refusal' from two other courses I applied for...

well done anfield bound!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Dores wrote: »
    well done anfield bound!!!

Thanks dores, fingers crossed for you this week. Have today off, which is a disaster...been staring at the letter box since 9 am. Doesn't look like anything's going to happen today!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

i got an email today from carlow IT offering me an interview on either the 3rd or 4th of may

Got interview offer today dor DCU marketing. Yay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ITS_A_BADGER

Im in the same boat as you guys, as far as i know they dont do interviews for arts at least i think its all based on your application and MSAP results i dont know to be honest :/

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭muffinn

Just received emails from DCU and IT Carlow to come for interviews for Sport Science & Health.

18th of April in DCU and 2/3rd of May in Carlow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

Recieved emails from Carlow IT and DCU also to attend interviews. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

For what courses CountryJoe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm still waiting to hear back from NUIG. It's the end of March, I hope I get something soon. I'm losing a little faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I was at an open day @ DIT on Saturday, the head of transport engineering told me interviews for mature students (not sure if he ment his interviews or DIT in general) are end of April early May so Id expect to hear from them soon enough... Hopefully!

muffinn wrote: »
    Just received emails from DCU and IT Carlow to come for interviews for Sport Science & Health.

18th of April in DCU and 2/3rd of May in Carlow :D
    same date as me for dcu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

peacock169 wrote: »
    For what courses CountryJoe?

oops, forgot to say in previous post, its Multimedia

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭scoob70

annacanna wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Theres been a couple of threads lately on informal interviews and offers so I've merged the three most recent. I'd like everyone to use this thread for all info and queries on interviews, offers, etc so we don't end up with a load of similar threads.
    Cheers - Paperclip2 :)

I have applied to Sligo IT as a mature student, just wondering if anyone has any idea of when matures applicants usually get called for interviews?

Spoke to Sligo IT today - mature student letters go out in the next week or 2. Fingers crossed :).

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Email from DCU today calling me for interview (Language & Translation Degree)

However, they also advise: Please note that you should expect part of the interview to be conducted in your foreign language(s). You will also be given a short language competence test after your interview.

I certainly wasn't expecting that! Has anybody any info on what the above test is like or how stringent they are during the interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    Email from DCU today calling me for interview (Language & Translation Degree)

However, they also advise: Please note that you should expect part of the interview to be conducted in your foreign language(s). You will also be given a short language competence test after your interview.

I've not been in that position, but I would think it's usual. They probably just want to check your language translation ability and level. Might be an idea to bring in some of your work.

Good luck :)
    grasshopper1

I just a rejection letter for sociology and social policy in trinity :-(
    Still waiting for Social work , but with very little hope. :(

It's time for looking around fore some access courses...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grasshopper1

I'm just finishing up the access course at UCD and it has been one of the best years in my life. I have been in education for a long time, but not as a student. I was really nervous at the beginning, but I have to say that the lecturers/tutors were excellent and the staff dealing with mature were tops.

If you don't get any offers think about doing the Access course.

Good luck :)
    grasshopper1

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Ahh hard luck. Defo go for the access course and you'll walk in next year. Hey it's only a year....

Danny911 wrote: »
    As far as I know they don't do interviews, and it's based on an aptitude test mid April so I've heard. Not 100% on that though, maybe someone with more knowledge on it will be along to help us out soon :)

Yeah the waiting game is one I'm not too fond of playing either :(

Hope you get sorted though :)

Thanks! I think maybe your aptitude test is instead of the MSAP test the Arts applicants did I Feb? Looks like we are on a different 'stream' as far as applications go. I hope you get your first choice too, all the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm still waiting to hear back from NUIG. It's the end of March, I hope I get something soon. I'm losing a little faith.

There's an open evening for mature students at NUIG on 3rd of May. Go along to it and ask questions about your application. Also, keep calling into their office in Nun's Island or at least keep ringing them to find out what the story is. That's what I did and I firmly believe that it helped me get my place on the course. I can't remember what date I got the letter about my interview last year but I'll have a look for it tomorrow and let you know. It might give you some idea of when to expect yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Applied for social care courses in Tallaght and DIT.... Haven't heard anything back yet... Should I be a little concerned at this stage?

No joy with Trinity for me - is it because they were my 4th and 5th choice?! :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Trinity Law interview on the 24th April...phew!was starting to wonder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Digitaljunkie

Azures wrote: »
    No joy with Trinity for me - is it because they were my 4th and 5th choice?! :-p

Don't think so, as far as I know the HEI's don't get that info from the CAO.

Advertisement