Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭boccy23

The whole performance was so impressive. I though on offense that Eli played as well as we have come to expect. Dominic Hixon stepped up and Victor made his usual end zone play. Was real worried when he got flipped.

I liked that Gilbride stuck with the run and we ran it down their throats at the end of the game. Offensive line play is coming along so well. Loved the effect of Wilson's speed when running out the clock.

On D, the line finally started to get some pressure. Rolle and the secondary had an A game.

Overall, a real good win on the road. Now we ned to win next week and see where we go. If we enter the bye 6-2, that's a tremendous position to be in facing into our historically worst period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Where are all you lads getting your gear this year?

I'm looking at a hoody and a t-shirt. Last year I ordered directly from the Giants website but got stung for duty and the shipping was $25 and it took 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Where are all you lads getting your gear this year?

I'm looking at a hoody and a t-shirt. Last year I ordered directly from the Giants website but got stung for duty and the shipping was $25 and it took 3-4 weeks.

NFL.com now has a European shop (http://europe.nflshop.com/stores) so you won't get stung on import duty but the shipping is still a bit expensive.

JJ wrote: »
    NFL.com now has a European shop (http://europe.nflshop.com/stores) so you won't get stung on import duty but the shipping is still a bit expensive.

Pity they don't have what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Giants all the way baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Bullet dodged.

D had pretty good game and JPP was awesome again. Eli and the offense were pretty poor.

Still a win is a win now bring on the Cowgirls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

A win is a win but RG3 & Morris ran through the defense pretty easily at times. And how RG3 wasnt taken down when he made "that" scramble that led to the Redskins TD with a minute odd left ill never know. If Eli doesnt throw that INT with 4 mins left its game over, but then he goes clutch again and throws that beauty of a pass to Cruuuuuuuz !!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

skins had 5 turnovers in whole season so far and 4 in that last quater alone well peed off at that thought we should have won that game:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

• Advertisement

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084501/article/victor-cruz-hoping-for-new-giants-contract-this-season

Giants are paying Cruz $577,000 this year. Obviously the Giants will want to retain Cruz and get a contract done. Cruz himself seems like a dedicated and focused player so I don't see it affecting him at all.

My one worry is the Giants cap situation. I know we were up fairly tight against it this offseason. If we take DeSean Jacksons 5 year $51 million dollar contract as the minimum Cruz's advisors would be willing to accept where will the cap space come from to create this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭boccy23

Question: 2012 Draft - Worst ever?

David Wilson RB Virginia Tech
    Rueben Randle WR LSU
    Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
    Adrien Robinson TE Cincinnati
    Brandon Mosley OT Auburn
    Matt Mccants OT UAB
    Markus Kuhn DT North Carolina State

For a team which has been built so heavily on the draft, was this years one a total bust?

Wilson and Randle have failed to shine.

Hosley has been injured but as a nickel has seemed lost at times.

Robinson & Kuhn have been non-contributors so far.

Mosley is injured. McCants is on the practive squad.

I know it's early, but I do look at this years class as a write off at this stage.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Question: 2012 Draft - Worst ever?

David Wilson RB Virginia Tech
    Rueben Randle WR LSU
    Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
    Adrien Robinson TE Cincinnati
    Brandon Mosley OT Auburn
    Matt Mccants OT UAB
    Markus Kuhn DT North Carolina State

For a team which has been built so heavily on the draft, was this years one a total bust?

Wilson and Randle have failed to shine.

Hosley has been injured but as a nel has seemed lost at times.

Robinson & Kuhn have been non-contributors so far.

Mosley is injured. McCants is on the practive squad.

I know it's early, but I do look at this years class as a write off at this stage.

Bit premature no? Coughlin tends to bring rookies on slowly. Even jpp was held back a bit in his rookie year.

Randle n Wilson have had some nice cobtributions but play in spots where we are pretty deep. Hosley looks ok. Rookie corners r bound to make mistakes (jst ask stephon gilmore)

The rest of the guys are developemental guys. Once robinson learns blocking assignments etc. he'll b able to contribute.

Mosley was a nice pick up n expect to see him nxt year

Talk about crawling over the line!

Talk about crawling over the line!

Cowboys pushed us over the line. We'll take it. 6-2 with Steelers & Bengals to come before bye week. If we could split those two games 7-3 at the bye be excellent. Final 6 games will be tough sledging

Those last two games were too close for comfort. The offense doesn't seem to be performing as good as they should be. The Steelers have been a little shaky at times this season but the last time we played them, it was a hard fought win and I reckon this one isn't going to be easy either.

Ldnvn.png

Some of the comments on Reddit are class.
    "Siri, the stairs are closed, how do I get down?"

He'd be fine. Eli walks on water

HigginsJ wrote: »
    He'd be fine. Eli walks on water

Unlike Tom.

m1XpO.jpg

Since the 49ers win, things have gone downhill. Granted Eli managed to outgun RG3 and we fell over the line against the cowboys but last night was very poor. No offense of note at all. Any time big advances that were made downfield was because of penalties and one of our 2 TD's was from a "dodgy" fumble. In the last 3 games the defense has basically been unable to stop any rushes from the opponent. Whether Eli had an off day or the recievers couldnt escape coverage, it was very frustrating to watch. At the moment the only plus was the 'Boys lost and the eagles have a difficult game against the Saints in the Dome

• Advertisement

wawaman wrote: »
    Since the 49ers win, things have gone downhill. Granted Eli managed to outgun RG3 and we fell over the line against the cowboys but last night was very poor. No offense of note at all. Any time big advances that were made downfield was because of penalties and one of our 2 TD's was from a "dodgy" fumble. In the last 3 games the defense has basically been unable to stop any rushes from the opponent. Whether Eli had an off day or the recievers couldnt escape coverage, it was very frustrating to watch. At the moment the only plus was the 'Boys lost and the eagles have a difficult game against the Saints in the Dome

Yeah the inability of the offense to get over the game line particulary in the last quarter was disconcerting to say the least. If the Eagles win tonight that leaves them in a good position going into the Dallas game next weekend. Their run in until they meet the Giants in the last game of the regular season is not as tough as the Giants. Hopefully the Saints will win tonight as that would leave the Eagles in a right pickle!. With five defeats out of eight they would realistically need to win five of their last 7 games before they play the Giants to challenge for the Conference title with Dallas under these circumstances out of the playoff picture. So tonights game is crucial for the eagles.

10 and 6 may be enough for the Giants to secure their conference win although 11 and 5 would be nice. Must win next week against a tigerish Bengal side!

Wow are offense sucks at present.

Our D is doing pretty well (although MLB is a priority in the draft next year, i'm looking at Minter from LSU as the guy we should be targeting)

Speaking of the draft, what was the point of drafting Wilson in the 1st round if all he is going to do is return kicks. When you see what TRich, Martin, Pierce & Morris are contributing to their teams it pretty disappointing.

Our redzone offense is killing us. Alot (if not all) the blame rests with Kevin Gilbride. His play calling is terribly predictable. Nicks clearly not being fit doesn't help but god if I see Eli throwing up another 40 yard bomb to a double covered Cruz again it will be too soon.

Look i know i'm overreacting (slightly) but we have been awful in our last 3 games. We are lucky that we are 6-3 and that the rest of the NFC East sucks more than we do but we need to do alot to think we can make an impact when/if we get back to the play-offs.

I think I would agree with all of the above there. The Bengals are struggling a little so hopefully the Giants bounce back next week. It's also away and the Giants are more of a road team. After that they have the bye, so hopefully with a win and a week off, it'll set them up nicely for a pretty tough final 6 games. I'm sure the Packers and Redskins will be looking for revenge while the Falcons are on a roll this year and any game with the Eagles is never easy.

So how do people think we will get on Sunday? Bye week next week so I think this is a massive game, especially considering our schedule after the break.

Here is the lastest injury report

Out:
    Michael Coe
    Kenny Phillips
    Jacquain Williams

Questionable
    Ahmad Bradshaw
    Chris Snee
    Keith Rivers

Probable
    David Baas
    Chase Blackburn
    Andre Brown
    Chris Canty
    Bear Pascoe
    Hakeem Nicks

Can't believe it but it's good that Blackburn is back. Hopefully he will help shore up the middle as Mark Herzlich really struggled badly last week. It's such a pity injury has robbed us of how good Keith Rivers could be.

Bradshaw will play no problems. Hope Nicks just gets through unscathed and rests up for the Bye week. We need him back to help out Eli & Cruz.

It wont be easy and Amukamara and Rolle will have to do a good job covering AJ Green & Jermaine Gresham. JPP & Co. getting pressure on Dalton will help.

And finally...... Eli Eli Eli, we all believe but it would do no harm to have a 360 yard 3 td game please

To put it politely this is very very poor. If November didn't exist the giants wud be unstoppable. More calm thoughts will follow later!!

wawaman wrote: »
    To put it politely this is very very poor. If November didn't exist the giants wud be unstoppable. More calm thoughts will follow later!!

I dunno, we have had 2 good games this year (Panthers & 49ers) We really could have been looking at being 3-7 in any other season.

If the Eagles n Cowgirls get their act together we are done.

Looking at the fixture list we could be looking at 9 and 7 at best on current form. Luckily the Cowgirls and bald eagles are as bad as each other.

Well that was a mess. Offense, non existant and as for the defense. AJ Green might aswell have had a deckchair on the field he was allowed that much space at times :mad:
    It was a great opportunity to beat a Bengals team who had lost the last four. And with the Birds/Girls playing each other a chance to basically take one out of the equation for the playoffs. Although as it is at least with the Girls winning, we have no tie breaker hanging over us as we would have done with the eagles.
    This bye week will hopefully be a blessing and they will be rejuvinated against the Packers, although last nights performance and result has been coming since the 49ers win. The remaining schedule is very tough and teams like the Saints who you thought might be out of the playoff picture by the time we played them have started playing well and are back in the playoff picture again.
    Lightning couldnt strike 3 times could it and we hit a hot streak at the right time!? ;)

Big game this week. Badly need to break out of the slump. Defeat isn't the end of the world but Eli & co. need a good performance

• Advertisement

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Big game this week. Badly need to break out of the slump. Defeat isn't the end of the world but Eli & co. need a good performance

I think we need to win because if we lose we go 6-5 then we play the Skins with even more pressure on us and then we could easily go 6-6 with the saints and Falcons next.

I can easily see us going 8-8 now which would be really disappointing.

Advertisement