Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

D has stepped up this half. Offense hasn’t looked bad so far. I think WFT will beat the eagles easily enough so I just want to hopefully enjoy a win over the Cowgirls

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Been a long time since we've been able to do that

The amount of tipped INTs between Engram and Jones is unreal

Evan engram. Pro bowler. ��

Apparently ....

We need a stop on D now

• Advertisement

Defence beginning to get shredded by Dalton

Big sack by Fackrell

20-19 up

Need a big drive from the O

I was very against the trade for Leonard Williams but boy has he balled today

Wayne Gallman you bloody fool

How in hell do you fumble there?

Christ we lucked out there

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Christ we lucked out there

Blessed.

I was very against the trade for Leonard Williams but boy has he balled today

Pay the man. We have no edge rushers at all

Great to get a win over Dallas

Long time since we can say that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Now fly eagles, fly

*Gets sick*

wawaman wrote: »
    Pay the man. We have no edge rushers at all

This

Going to be hard to hold onto him though

Great to get a win over Dallas

Long time since we can say that

The momentum of the game changed with that engram drop. But the winning/losing of the game was that Pettis catch. If McCarthy challenges that, we lose that game.
    Not complaining tho!

Akesh wrote: »
    Now fly eagles, fly

*Gets sick*

I know :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Jaysus we did our best to blow it there at the end with the fumble.

I think no matter the result tonight, I'm more positive about this team than I have been in years. The way we have fought back after a bad start to the season has impressed me.

The coaching has been good and looks like we may have our HC for a few years now. My opinion of the GM hasn't changed still needs to go.

The emergence of the defence as a top 10 unit has been a welcome surprise, and redzone d has been particularly impressive. The re-emergence of Leanord Williams typifies our effort.

Still a few qs on offence but I'm happy enough to give Jones one more season before we write him off completely. He's at least shown some improvement this season not turning the ball over, and he had the injury and no off-season either which I think shouldn't be ignored.

Assuming Washington win tonight, our draft number should hopefully put us in a good position to take one of the best WRs, which I think is where we should go. O-line also needs work but hope we don't throw more picks at it. Maybe target there in free agency, Solder might come back next year also for some depth. Add in Saquon and who knows

We're currently at 11 if Washington wins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

No favours from the Eagles in the end

tgdaly wrote: »

So it is possible to dislike them even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭boccy23

Picking at 11. So they have maybe done us a real favour in the long run in giving us access to a better player. Now, whether DG gets to make the pick is the big question.

tgdaly wrote: »

They did a great job of tanking in fairness

boccy23 wrote: »
    Picking at 11. So they have maybe done us a real favour in the long run in giving us access to a better player. Now, whether DG gets to make the pick is the big question.

I think DG will be safe

So another season over. I really doubted we would get through a full 17 weeks but we got there.

As for the Giants, it was annoying to miss out on the playoffs like that, but you have to take care of your own business and not rely on that shower from Philly helping you out. In fairness though, if you had said in Week 1 that we would have 6 wins i wouldnt have expected to be anywhere near playoff contention.

For me anyway the arrow is pointing upwards. In Judge, i think we have the right man in charge. Wouldnt be devastated to lose Garrett as OC but i really hope we can hold onto Graham as DC. With a poor roster he has done great work at times, so would like to see what he could do with a better roster.

I dont trust DG though to fill the gaps sufficently. We need a true WR1, a good TE (because Engram is done) and an Edge rusher at a minimum. There are other big decisions as well to be made including keeping Williams & Tomlinson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭boccy23

wawaman wrote: »
    So another season over. I really doubted we would get through a full 17 weeks but we got there.

As for the Giants, it was annoying to miss out on the playoffs like that, but you have to take care of your own business and not rely on that shower from Philly helping you out. In fairness though, if you had said in Week 1 that we would have 6 wins i wouldnt have expected to be anywhere near playoff contention.

For me anyway the arrow is pointing upwards. In Judge, i think we have the right man in charge. Wouldnt be devastated to lose Garrett as OC but i really hope we can hold onto Graham as DC. With a poor roster he has done great work at times, so would like to see what he could do with a better roster.

I dont trust DG though to fill the gaps sufficently. We need a true WR1, a good TE (because Engram is done) and an Edge rusher at a minimum. There are other big decisions as well to be made including keeping Williams & Tomlinson

Agree with all that. I would like to see a more innovative OC. We are bottom of the league on pre-snap movement, mis-directions, screens etc. We need to find a better offensive system. But with Saquon back and as you say a WR1, draft or FA, we should improve.

By and large, it was the best season we have had for some years. At least for the most part we were a professional outfit which was not always the case recently.

Also, judging by the coaching decisions of Mike McCarthy yesterday, we dodged a bullet by not hiring him. Whey did they not challenge the Pettis catch! Strange.

I do think that last years FA class will give DG another year at least as well. Haven't spent anytime on college this year or looking at draft boards. WR is being talked of as deep again. Need an Edge as well. We can only scheme pressure so much. Need genuine help. Look at what Chase Young has done in WFT. I know his talent is not available in every class, but one can dream.... That "win" over WFT last year looks even worse in hindsight now.

The Giants’ 2021 opponents and locations are now finalized (the order of games will be announced around the draft). The Giants will host the three NFC East teams, Atlanta, Carolina, Denver, Las Vegas and the Rams. They’ll travel to the three NFC East teams, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, the Chargers and Chicago.

Yeah no comparison with Young and Thomas who's been a big disappointment

I had high hopes for Will Hernandez as well but he seems to be majorly out of favour

We can't afford to mess up on a 34th overall pick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Looks like Gettleman is staying too

Advertisement