Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Euro 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Yeah sounds like great idea to me. 16 places will fill up quick on here, so consider this my application.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

In for the h2h.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I would be interested in this too

Just an idea that came to mind: We would easily get 32 people involved in this kind of cup. We could assign 2 people to a country instead of one, and combine their scores. So it'll be kind of a team game, instead of an individual one.

Or 3 to a team if we have 48, and so on.

Just for a laugh, of course... could be separate to the proposed individual cup... just thinking out loud... never mind. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Sign me up... if theres still a space!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Father Larry Duff

Sign me up too if there are any places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

carlcon wrote: »
    Just an idea that came to mind: We would easily get 32 people involved in this kind of cup. We could assign 2 people to a country instead of one, and combine their scores. So it'll be kind of a team game, instead of an individual one.

Or 3 to a team if we have 48, and so on.

Just for a laugh, of course... could be separate to the proposed individual cup... just thinking out loud... never mind. :o

We could, that's an idea. I actually like that idea because 16 isn't a lot of teams at all. If we got 32 teams maybe we could do 2 of these cups instead of the 2-team one you suggested. And then the 2 winners of both the cups go head to head in Overall points tally. Whoever got the most point overall wins.

But this is only really necessary if 25+ people are interested in taking part in the first place. I know a lot of people would have no interest in fantasy Euros that have interest in FPL. Here's what I'll do. I'll make a seperate thread for the competition so everyone sees it (a select few look at this Euro thread but a seperate singular thread should attract more attention). Then we'll see how many people are interested. If 32 are then we'll definitely make some arrangement to do a double comp or 2 different competitions. Another thing I'm thinking of....... have 2 competitions... 1 paid and 1 not. you can only enter one of them. The non-paid one is for the craic, the paid one is a serious one.

I don't know, I'm thinking out loud too. It should be a lot of work though because groups would have to be updated all the time and all that. I'll make a thread for it later on. Everyone who said they are interested in it already on this thread are in but there is only about 5 or 6 of us so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

ffeurosteam.png

Just made this there, any opinions? Went for a strong XI as opposed to a balanced 15. Can't believe Ibra is only 8m and Jelavic 5m :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

THFC wrote: »
    Just made this there, any opinions? Went for a strong XI as opposed to a balanced 15. Can't believe Ibra is only 8m and Jelavic 5m :eek:

Ibra is crap in big tournaments. Jelavic is up against Richard Dunne

Going for Russian strikers, who are the usual lads to play up front for them does anyone know?

• Advertisement

Going for Russian strikers, who are the usual lads to play up front for them does anyone know?

Kershakov, maybe Pav. Arshavin too if he's listed as a forward. Oh yeah and Pog. So not confusin' at all basically :p

Constantly messin with my team. This is what I have at the moment, with a few, ;), 'differentials'

capture_10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Would probably be good to add the link to the OP.

Degag wrote: »
    Would probably be good to add the link to the OP.

Its in the fifth post (Jimmy's). Though I'm sure Ade or Moon can add it to the o.p.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

manual_man wrote: »
    Its in the fifth post (Jimmy's). Though I'm sure Ade or Moon can add it to the o.p.
    You can add it yourself seeing as you are the OP:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Constantly messin with my team. This is what I have at the moment, with a few, ;), 'differentials'

capture_10.jpg

I thought Ibra was crap in big tournaments? ;) As for Jelavic.... I don't see him starting for Croatia, hence the 5 million price tag.

I'm doubling up on Russian defenders. Russia is where the money is for the group stages, they have the easiest group imo. Srna for Croatia is also worth a look. He's their top scorer and a midfielder. I'm not sure about my team though. I don't know how these players do when it comes to internationals. Is Ronaldo a prolific goal-scorer for Portugal? Is Gomez a must-have?
    Akinfeev
    Zhirkov - M. Olsson - K. Papadopoulos
    Srna - Sneijder - Young - Iniesta - Polanski
    Ibrahimovic - Ronaldo

Cech - Boateng - Terry - Pederson

What's Polanski like? I've rarely seen himplay, I just want a German midfielder.

Polanski's a def midfielder. He's a big chap. Quite scary to look at. I think that alone might earn us a few points for interceptions. He's 4 million anyway. He's the Shane Ferguson of this comp., except he should play. Ibra is crap in big tournaments :p But I fancy there's a goal or 2 for him in that first game, then he's on his merry way! (outta me team)

You can't go wrong with Schwein tiger or Uzil. The former likely to get recovered ball points in the first two games, the latter is an assist merchant (like Tony Hibbert, but not quite on the same level)

Bit of trivia for ya here: Polanski played for Germany (at under 21 level I think), before changing allegiance to Poland. They love him there now

Degag wrote: »
    You can add it yourself seeing as you are the OP:pac:

I can't as users without magical powers (ie. non-Mods :pac:) can only edit for a limited time

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

OP updated

O.k, so Zhirkov has be moved as a midfielder for Russia squad/

Does this mean the Euro 2012 FF will make the switch or will he stay a defender on it? Am I better off leaving Zhirkov on as a defender or is Ignashevich a better bet?

Also who are the most likely striker selections for Russia? Have bought Pavlyuchenko, he seems to have peformed well during the qualifiers.
    Or is Kerzhakov worth considering? He's more expensive though.

• Advertisement

O.k, so Zhirkov has be moved as a midfielder for Russia squad/

Does this mean the Euro 2012 FF will make the switch or will he stay a defender on it? Am I better off leaving Zhirkov on as a defender or is Ignashevich a better bet?

Also who are the most likely striker selections for Russia? Have bought Pavlyuchenko, he seems to have peformed well during the qualifiers.
    Or is Kerzhakov worth considering? He's more expensive though.

Russia seem to be playing with one up front. Pav or Pog. Flanked on either side by baby-face and Dzagoev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 macmahd3

Went for cheap defensive options who might get a cleaner in the first match. Just hope Ireland can get goals somehow against Croatia. Packed the rest into the midfield & strikers with Mc Greedy thrown in for the laugh, you never know what he'd do! C'mon you boys in Green!!!

3-4-3

GK: Szczescny (POL)

DEF: Zhirkov (RUS) Perquis (POL) M.Olsson (SWE)

MID: Mc Geady (IRE) Iniesta (ESP) Sneijder (HOL) Dzagoev (RUS)

STR: Ronaldo (POR) Van Persie(C) (HOL) Benzema (FRA)

Subs: Tzorvas (GRE) Strinic (CRO) Abate (ITA) Andrews (IRE)

Russia seem to be playing with one up front. Pav or Pog. Flanked on either side by baby-face and Dzagoev

Looking as of late, Pav seems to be more consistent in getting goals. Anyway thanks!

On a general note, is there anywhere where you can look at starting 11's for the Euro 2012 Qualifiers, for Euro teams that qualified? Would be handy in deciding the likely squads internationals will be fielding.

I think the most predictable starting 11 for the whole of the tournament is Ireland, position to position.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

I usually find www.soccerway.com useful for past lineups, goalscoring stats etc.

Skippy44 wrote: »
    I usually find www.soccerway.com useful for past lineups, goalscoring stats etc.

+1

Decided to spend half my lunchtime putting a team together. A couple of dodgy choices who I'm not sure will start, but plenty of time to make changes. Looking forward to finding out who Hodgson puts in his first XI, particularly at RB. Walker, Jones, and Smalling all seem a decent price at 5.5. No doubt I'll take a punt on one of those. Also think I'll only play Given for the first game, then Aakinfeev can play when we play Spain (and maybe also Italy).

For now:
    EV6qN.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Mine for now is

Hart

Ward M.Olsson Anyukov Pranjic

Iniesta McGeady Tymoshchuk

RVP Ronaldo Gomez

Think its safe to say im banking on goals from my front three:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

great stuff. having nose bleeds the premierleague fantasy football is over

latest lineup

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I can see squads in this being vastly different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

We should compile a list of players that would satisfy the "For every 5 recovered balls (the total of clearances completed and gaining possession tackles)" rule. I suppose the friendlies before the tournament will be keenly watched

Advertisement