Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could have told your past self something what would it be

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That I would be lonely, without friends, no relationship and in a job that I hate, and wishing that something good would happen to me because my life seems so pointless and unenjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

even when you think people are offering supportive advice, see it from your own view before making the big decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Chelsea will win the 2012 champions league, bet everything you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"Appreciate your parents and what they do for you, and tell them how much you appreciate them as they won't be around forever".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Three things:

1) Words are just that.

2) Don't go from being friends to more than friends because you think it's the right thing to do.

3) Do your own thing instead of letting people push you around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sweeney1971

Study hard at school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Change your routine on a regular basis, not matter what it is.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Learn that which is worth knowing .There's lots of worthless information in the world.....libraries are full of it ........stop being so keen on girls and stop reading junk ......you're drinkin' an' smokin' far too much . The World is seriously mad and your ability to see reality is the measure of your sanity .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Go and hug Mum. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Don't wear guyliner, you look like a ****ing idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Look after number 1, i suppose. Stop being an eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Dont neglect you're training, no matter what !!, sit properly, you're back will thank you for it

In 2008 when she leaves it will be for the best... in 2012 when you leave, it's for the best, you can wait for Jan 2013, but we both know nothing will have changed.. but be sure to check in, you could do without the regret if you dont !

You wont realise it now but you cant fix broken things, and even if you could it wont make you happy.
    You cant fill a hole by substituting something physical.

Drink more jack daniel's it's actually pretty nice.. after like 10 or 12 of them. aim higher in life, if you dont make the effort to talk to them, they wont talk to you ..

I could go on .....

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Morlock

I would tell myself in a strong load voice

why you wanta work, for Money ?

You get all the money in the World !

You make the money kid !

You roll the euros !

The game is yours !

You deal the cards !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭say_who_now?

This is only the first in a long line of mistakes you're going to make, learn from it and learn to let go and move on. Regrets will only hold you back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

If you can't be with the one you love, Love the one you're with....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Rebelkell

tell every pretty girl i fancied when i was a teenager that i thought they were the most beautiful girl on earth instead of none.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Don't leave Uni for a crap job and waste a year

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tomtomhardy

Don't get involved with her! she will ruin your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

DON'T BORROW MONEY! You make far more than you realise, learn to live on 90% of it and save the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,771 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

You're instincts may let you down as a teenager, but over the years you get more cynical.

The worst thing is that even to this day you STILL look for the best in people who hurt you, that your instincts were screaming and warning you about.

Learn to trust your instincts. Learn to stop looking for the best in people. It'll stop you getting hurt, and stop you being in the funk that you are in right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jesus, as The X-Files so ably taught us: "Trust No-one"... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Don't go into a job working constant night shift, try not to be so hard on yourself, be more confident, don't worry about other people's opinions, get a few hobbies, be kinder to people, stop drinking so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

I would have several things to say
    1) Study harder
    2) Stop being such an idiot with your first serious gf, you blew that one:mad:
    3) Join in more
    A more personal one
    spend more time with your sister, you knew she was going to pass away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

That chicken's gone off. Dump it. No, no don't just eat it, it won't be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Thick As A Brick

Don't go for the trade, your **** at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

If you put as much effort into your social life as you do work you'd get laid more often and as you get older the women get older so do it now.....

(technically two things....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sha the man

for what its worth here is a message to my past self
    1 dont insist on going to the bad school just because it is where everyone else is going
    2 teachers are not the enemy
    3 if you dont pay attention in school you will spend the rest of your life in poverty
    4 you have two choices either study hard for the first 1/4 of your life or spend the rest of your life making up for the fact that you did not study
    5 go up and ask that girl out instead of thinking about her for three years an doing nothing and still thinking about her today. yes she might say no but at least she will be out or your system
    6 the catholic church is not right
    7 saved by the bell the (tv show) is not a mantra or system of living
    8 eventually even Dennis the menaces tricks catch up with him
    9 never let anyone tell you you cant to a thing
    10 always follow your dreams
    11 you only get one shot at life
    12 this country is full of corrupt ass.oles get an education get out and make something of yourself
    13 catholic guilt is irrelevant girls and sex are not evil
    that's all for now please put in an envelope and post back to me 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Dont do so much drugs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

Express your anger and frustration, don't bottle it up as if you do, people (particularly family members) will continue to walk on you / control you and what others think of you. Trust your instincts and stop doubting yourself. Fcuk what people think of you, they are no more privy to what the right way to go is in life than you are.

Doubt I'd listen to myself though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Stacks Mad

Dont buy that truck it will ruin you. It took years off your life. GRRR

Get up and exercise it will make things easier as you get older.

Stop living for tomrrow live for today!!!!! No the banks will not take everything you will survive.

Advertisement