Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuum [Showcase - CA] *Spoilers!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

mafaa wrote: »
    It's going to some garbage slot to make way for something else obviously. Annoying, but predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

It's going to some garbage slot to make way for something else obviously. Annoying, but predictable.

The same happened to Haven S03 as usually a summer show got shifted to Sep.

Here's some new cast members that are called the Time Marines that featured in the final scenes in S03:

CCGfc0sUgAEOdiD.jpg

Inc 'Jules' fresh from Helix

CCFH3J4UAAEBg64.jpg

This shortened final season had better be epic from start to finish or I'll be very disappointed. Introducing "time marines" is a bit worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Trailer for the final season (starting September 4th, or September 11th, depending on what you read)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

How many episodes will it be??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How many episodes will it be??

There will be 6 episodes.

There will be 6 episodes.
    I have a sinking feeling they're going to be amazing and we're all going to be mad when it's over! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

I have a sinking feeling they're going to be amazing and we're all going to be mad when it's over! :pac:

I hope so!! It had so much potential to go for ages. Wonder did sonmanto have a say in it not getting funding. The real one....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr E wrote: »
    Trailer for the final season (starting September 4th, or September 11th, depending on what you read)

Think it's September 4th in Canada then September 11th on SyFy US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I just bingewatched the show on Netflix.

Season 3 gave me a headache. And the Alec plotline should have happened over two seasons, that was way too rushed to justify one of him being evil and the other not.

I really liked the first two seasons but man Simon Barry had way too many ideas going on in Season 3. (He seems to know what he's doing though. I rewatched the first episode and Kiera's partner in 1977 is actually there, same actress too.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see the season premiere is available. It's a pre release with it airing properly on Sept 4th. So if watch now will have to wait until Sept 11 for episode 2

Season 3 was pretty messy, but I think we're back on track now. Very strong opener for the new season.
    I was very grateful for the "previously" segment. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not a bad first episode at all. Hopefully its just non stop for the 6 episodes to make up for a mediocre season 3 and wraps things up nicely.

It bothered me that they used dodgy CGI for the alternate timeline soldiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

A good start to the last season. I agree that the cgi soldiers looked terrible but no worse than anything you would see in any other TV Scifi shows like Falling skies or Dark Matter. Even after all these Episode Kellog seems a vey one-dimensional character.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Even after all these Episode Kellog seems a very one-dimensional character.

yeah he seems to be a bit of a flake and can be very frostie, maybe he's just a froot loop?

I thought it was a brilliant start to a show which I hope really pulls it out for its last season. Given the CGI quality (which I'll admit wasn't amazing, but wasn't awful) I have a small glimmer of hope that the showrunners are trying to prove to Hulu/Amazon that they should be able to do a few more seasons on a shoestring budget!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 omicron persei 8

the hope of seeing rachel semi nude is all thats keeping me watching atm tbh.............

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Mr E wrote: »
    Season 3 was pretty messy, but I think we're back on track now. Very strong opener for the new season.
    I was very grateful for the "previously" segment. :)

Did it get leaked early, i was anxiously waiting/counting down til next Sat http://epguides.com/continuum/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Did it get leaked early, i was anxiously waiting/counting down til next Sat http://epguides.com/continuum/

Not leaked, they had a special early release of just the first episode online. It's on Dailymotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

second episode is out

• Registered Users Posts: 60,344 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Erik Knudsen really turned into a younger version of William B. Davis in this episode with the hair and trench coat.

Brilliant episode. Glad this show got an opportunity to go out with the bang that it is trying to. Plus... damn Rachel Nichols.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

This was a great episode. I know the series has been shortened so there's bound to be some cramming, but there were several different storylines intersecting which made for exciting watching. I wasn't all that happy with them letting Kellog off the hook at the end when they could've destroyed Piron. Plus now nobody really needs him anymore I'd make a case for a swift double tap from Kiera as he can only be trouble for them at this stage.
    The only <cry> is if Emily is really gone... say it ain't so!

I'm conflicted about this season. You get 30-35 minutes of frankly boring soap opera, then 5-10 minutes of great action to make you forget about the previous 30-35 minutes (and it works). The action set-piece this week was an absolute cracker.

I'll be interested to see how they manage to wrap it up in the finale next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

HFS, the ass kicking in that episode (5) was epic. Shades of the Terminator 1 police HQ scene. And way to go Travis, whatever the hell his motive was.
    You'd think Vancouver PD would just call in the army at this stage though really...

Really great ending with a bittersweet sting in the tail. It'll probably be a swiss cheese of plotholes if I think it through. So I won't. :)

Definitely needed to see Kellog die horribly though. Or
    eaten by a dinosaur or something
    . Probably out of budget.

As good an ending as we could have hoped for.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Ha Kellogg's face, looked like someone pissed in his cereal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Very pleased with that ending (which I do believe was actually planned since the beginning). Lots of good moments up to the end as various parties fought for their future and then the future Liber8 fought for is the one that wins out. The bitter sweet price of it was spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Kellog a complete b@stard to the end. I wish there was more finality to the ending and give a hint what Cameron was going to do next. You could still kill off the other her..

Advertisement