Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continuum [Showcase - CA] *Spoilers!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

I don't mean to be a dick, but perhaps since you are almost 10 episodes behind and I'm pretty sure this is a Canadian Pace thread (i.e. a week ahead of US and god knows how much longer than here), you should read a few pages back. I think most of that stuff has been discussed already.

On second thought, don't do that... Just catch up, otherwise it's all spoilers right?!

Im on Episode 8-hardly ten episodes behind plus the question is hardly complex?! But I take your overall point.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Chen was 'brought back to life' when the freelancers travelled to Keira's time and rescued him from prison where he was awaiting the original execution.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Clever episode. Despite my fears, it didn't tie itself up in knots. Great ending too!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

‘Continuum’ Q&A: Simon Barry on “Last Minute”
    TVGC: Has Shaw given an indication as to when a Season 4 announcement would be made?

SB: Shaw has indicated that they will be letting me know as soon as they can, which will probably be in July.

I think the series could use a bit of investment. Production values ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well that was a cliffhanger. Looks like the future is destined to suck.

Was I the only one thinking that we know for definite that Kellogg is involved in the new timeline's future so maybe they should get rid of him as well?

And what is that big piece of the device or where'd it come from?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was I the only one thinking that we know for definite that Kellogg is involved in the new timeline's future so maybe they should get rid of him as well?
    But he was on the "good" side in the Alt Future - or so it seems. Then again maybe he was just pretending in order to send back a device that allowed him to push through soldiers from his future?
    And what is that big piece of the device or where'd it come from?
    They explained that - Jason said they jury rigged the missing piece of the device.

Ah missed that part. I remember him saying they weren't missing a piece but missed that they made up a piece themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

So, it appears Kellog was just moving the pieces to position his control of the timeline even further. With the traveller probably being the only one aware of what was really going to happen?

Enjoyed it, was thinking for ages the twist would be Alec having a fake RFID and tricking Kiera into the thinking the desired Alec was dead. When in fact evil Alec was still alive and planning.

I think the traveller is Kellogg.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I thought it was interesting that in the future they said something like "where the traveller leads, we follow", or something like that, almost like a religious statement. He's obviously well known at that point, which makes me think it's not Kellogg, since he's "the big man" already there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mr E wrote: »
    I think the traveller is Kellogg.
    Pretty sure that if you pause it on the close up of his shadowed face behind the hair you can see that it's Kellogg. Quite enjoyed the finale. Jumping to the Liber8 side was a bit of a sudden move for Ciara to do. Looking forward to the next season.

Pretty sure that if you pause it on the close up of his shadowed face behind the hair you can see that it's Kellogg.
    The Traveller is from 1000 years into the future. How does that map to what we know of Kellogg? Or why is he helping out the resistance in Alt Future 30 years from now?
    It's convoluted but then the show is itself.
    Jumping to the Liber8 side was a bit of a sudden move for Ciara to do.
    Is it though? A lot of the flash backs this season have shown Kiera questioning or wondering about the orders she received in her time on the force. I think that was on purpose now so that her switch is understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Pretty sure that if you pause it on the close up of his shadowed face behind the hair you can see that it's Kellogg. Quite enjoyed the finale. Jumping to the Liber8 side was a bit of a sudden move for Ciara to do. Looking forward to the next season.

It's not really the first two seasons showed her doubts. Once getting back to her family was out of question it seemed inevitable. Why try preserve the timeline any more?

ixoy wrote: »
    Is it though? A lot of the flash backs this season have shown Kiera questioning or wondering about the orders she received in her time on the force. I think that was on purpose now so that her switch is understandable.
    This is where I think that the flashback style tends to muddy the waters of characters motivations. A little at least. It just seems to be a little convenient to say a character had the motivations before when they dont really appear to have influenced her and how she pursued Liber8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Anyone else getting a bit bored recently? At the start it was exciting but now it just same same same

alec just annoys me now and unless they get rachel into some lingerie or something soon I might just stop watching

It just seems to be a little convenient to say a character had the motivations before when they dont really appear to have influenced her and how she pursued Liber8.
    The key factor here is that she still won't condone their methods - only their aim. It's not a stretch for her to decide that the corporate future is a bad one because we've seen her doubts for years. It would be a stretch if she wanted to pursue it by violent means, which she doesn't. The difference is now that Liber8, having seen the Alt Future, no longer want to use aggressively violent means so she's now able to find a more common middle ground.

so, can i assume this isnt getting a new series?

just watched ep. 1 of The 100 and julian and curtis are in it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

nc19 wrote: »
    so, can i assume this isnt getting a new series?

just watched ep. 1 of The 100 and julian and curtis are in it

Nothing confirmed yet but in The 100 and Continuum they aren't main characters so they could probably do both shows easily enough.

Different times of the year too. Actors can work on more than one show. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I think the series could use a bit of investment. Production values ...
    Genuinely... ?
    I never see a hair out of place in this show. What gives?

Was worried two episodes ago, but this has been a brilliant season closer. Can they keep this from sprawling out of control though?
    I really don't know who the Traveller is. Though I wish they'd dream up a way of bringing back Kagame!

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Was worried two episodes ago, but this has been a brilliant season closer. Can they keep this from sprawling out of control though?
    I really don't know who the Traveller is. Though I wish they'd dream up a way of bringing back Kagame!

I wish they would get shot of alec. Terrible actor imo. And unless he has a growth spurt he'll never be as tall as future alec

bring back betty and get her to have a lesbo thing with rachel......

nc19 wrote: »
    I wish they would get shot of alec. Terrible actor imo. And unless he has a growth spurt he'll never be as tall as future alec

bring back betty and get her to have a lesbo thing with rachel......

No need to bring back Betty, I'd settle for Emily in her place, especially with Sonya gone as well.

So at what point does Alec take up smoking and being a thorn in Mulder's side?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

I wonder if the traveller is from Tau Alpha C?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Genuinely... ?
    I never see a hair out of place in this show. What gives?

Not so much that-the small offices. The lack of special effects

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

mafaa wrote: »
    Oh, a date for the decision, not the decision itself... you had me going there :)

• Advertisement

Can anyone please explain-Chen's role?

Advertisement