Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 16th 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Better than you would think

Hup the Bally K massive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

GusF wrote: »
    I knew that it was coming but I still cringed when I heard his name. Which is actually my default reaction to Woody Allen.

A good reaction is never to be faulted!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is now "The Essential St. Patrick's Day Double Party CD"...

ok - it's a bit of a long title but........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

lol - just got the "second fiddle" pun......haha

Joe Duffy asked me say it's not a pun... It's a metaphor..:D

But you're right on the interview with Mia Farrow.. the whole first half of the show was just plugging different charities and businesses.. And as was said above the most stupid question "Are you still in touch with Woody Allen"... She should have batted it back and asked "Are you still in touch with Anne Marie Power".. He seemed nervous or as if he'd lost his place in his cue cards and was winging it.

I couldn't give a sh*te, good tunes are good, all the year round ...

Joe Duffy asked me say it's not a pun... It's a metaphor..:D

But you're right on the interview with Mia Farrow.. the whole first half of the show was just plugging different charities and businesses.. And as was said above the most stupid question "Are you still in touch with Woody Allen"... She should have batted it back and asked "Are you still in touch with Anne Marie Power".. He seemed nervous or as if he'd lost his place in his cue cards and was winging it.

Definitely - I thought he skirted around the issue as if he was told not to go there but, if he did brush over it as quickly as he could....and, boy, did he -as they say - quickly move on.....

The whole show was wrong for a paddy's night - should have had a laugh and a few gigs going on....it was depressing - and as for Marion - don't start me with her nonsense and blowing her own trumpet...must have borrowed one from the lads at the beginning......

The whole show was wrong for a paddy's night - should have had a laugh and a few gigs going on....it was depressing - and as for Marion - don't start me with her nonsense and blowing her own trumpet...must have borrowed one from the lads at the beginning......

I'm surprised that Marion gave HER impression of the O'Faolán (sp?) family home. Because the siblings has serious issues with what Nuala put in the book about their parents.. They had hugely differing memories of their childhoods.. So I dont know how Marion think it relevant that the LLS audience gets her opinion of their family life.

If you're interested there's a podcast of Marion's interview with Nuala's sister on Feb 25th of this year... "Marian talks to Deirdre Brady, Nuala O'Faoláin's sister, about life growing up in a challenging family environment, her relationship with her sister, and how her death affected them all. "...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Could someone get a memo to Tubridy to tell him to stop saying 'We claim so and so', gobshite.

• Advertisement

This counts becuase Davy Jones's Granny was from Bundoran, apparently

RIP Davy Jones we miss you lots

I'm surprised that Marion gave HER impression of the O'Faolán (sp?) family home. Because the siblings has serious issues with what Nuala put in the book about their parents.. They had hugely differing memories of their childhoods.. So I dont know how Marion think it relevant that the LLS audience gets her opinion of their family life.

If you're interested there's a podcast of Marion's interview with Nuala's sister on Feb 25th of this year... "Marian talks to Deirdre Brady, Nuala O'Faoláin's sister, about life growing up in a challenging family environment, her relationship with her sister, and how her death affected them all. "...

I'd say it was Marian was putting Nuala's side (which she would agree with naturally) about the family....Siblings have very different views on going public when it comes to family life...I remember Joseph O'Connor saying he must have grown up in a different house to Sinead when she was on one of her rants about the parents...I'll look that podcast up - It was a naff interview though - Marian was mentioning names left right and center and, obviously, they were people close to Nuala but who the heck knows that?...There was little or no research by Mr. T who just gave it the sympathy tuts and sighs here and there...They were talking about crying?...I was crying by the time it was over but not for the same reasons....

Davy Jones' granny from Bundoran?.....

He could have played for Ireland in his day.....or the Eurovision?

Davy Jones' granny from Bundoran?.....

He could have played for Ireland in his day.....or the Eurovision?

I have to hold my hands up, I might have been bulls*itting, to be fair :o

I just wanted to post some Monkees as a tribute to Davey Jones :(

Sure what can you do? I useta love the Monkees :)

Skid wrote: »
    I have to hold my hands up, I might have been bulls*itting, to be fair :o

I just wanted to post some Monkees as a tribute to Davey Jones :(

Sure what can you do? I useta love the Monkees :)

Haha Skid....If he had been on the LLS Mr. T would have found some oirish connection you can bet ya!

So you're off the hook.......I had a Monkee's colouring book.....Play away.....

bit of old school ...

You'll have all the lads away in the Irish pubs crying into their pints Skid!!....

But not with the football clip!......Sweet memories.....I have that football CD too.....must dig it out for this summer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joe_dk

Hi.
    First post here. Great watching the Irish videos here, brought back some memories..

Was looking forward to seeing Sugar Ray Leonard on The LLS, but it seems to have been cut from the version on the RTE Player... anyone have an idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,193 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Skid wrote: »
    One of the Greatest Irish singers ever, that's why.

God, who's the worst if she is the best?

A horrid site she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

I was there last night, one man took a mini fit in the audience..scary stuff.

I was there last night, one man took a mini fit in the audience..scary stuff.

really? what happened, tell us more? Didnt see any of it on the TV..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

walshb wrote: »

A horrid site she is.

What does her appearance have to do with her voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

really? what happened, tell us more? Didnt see any of it on the TV..

He definitely took some sort of mild fit, stage manager and security guard went to his aid, cameras were focused on the interview so it was ok!

Was very grey in the face at the end of the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

He definitely took some sort of mild fit, stage manager and security guard went to his aid, cameras were focused on the interview so it was ok!

Was very grey in the face at the end of the night.

I hope he was alright. What interview was it? I guess now we see why Ryan seems distracted at times.

Suas11 wrote: »

Who do we love/hate?:confused:

Sinead?.....stating the "bleeding obvious"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

WAs out last night, but I just read the thread. It was great. Very entertaining. THe music clips at the end were pure class.:D
    Thanks for the fun.
    la le Feile padraic indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 55,193 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Suas11 wrote: »

Nothing, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

joe_dk wrote: »
    Hi.
    First post here. Great watching the Irish videos here, brought back some memories..

Was looking forward to seeing Sugar Ray Leonard on The LLS, but it seems to have been cut from the version on the RTE Player... anyone have an idea why?

oh yea, he mentioned Sugar Ray and then it never happened (RTE player). I somehow forgot even though it was the only interview I had any real interest in.

What was the deal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

The-Rigger wrote: »
    oh yea, he mentioned Sugar Ray and then it never happened (RTE player). I somehow forgot even though it was the only interview I had any real interest in.

What was the deal?

I watched the Sugar Ray interview and I thought it was lacking. Tubridy had every opportunity to ask so many questons about the Big fights, but he didn't, yes they showed a still picture of him landing a blow on Hagler, and SR mentioned that he came out of retirement for the fight, but I would have loved to know what Sugar actually thought of marvelous Marvin & the fight itself (questions begging to be asked), there was no talk of Tommy Hearns either! The interview lacked depth for boxing fans, Parky would have got soo much more out of Sugar Ray.

Advertisement