Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: March 16th 2012

Options
  • 15-03-2012 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭

On TubTalk this week, RTE presents ...

Mia Farrow Actress, Human Rights Activist for UNICEF, and former partner of both Woody Allen and Frank Sinatra.

Sugar Ray Leonard Boxing Legend. Winner of World Titles at 5 different weights. He is promoting his autobiography 'The Big Fight'.

Marian Finucane Grossly overpaid RTE Weekend Radio Presenter. Earned €513,270 from RTE in 2009.

Sinéad O'Connor performs a song from her new Album 'How About I Be Me (And You Be You)'

Conal Gallen who is a Comedian from Ballybofey, Co.Donegal, and has had his own series on TG4, will be telling jokes.

The Notre Dame Marching Band are over for St.Patrick's Day. They will be doing their thing for us.

Full Set, a Trad band, will be dropping in for a few tunes.

Also some St. Patrick's Day messages from Irish people living abroad, and some upbeat examples of the Irish Entrepeneurial spirit.

Ah no, come back, it'll be great honestly. Sure you can go out on Saturday Night instead, that'll be the night to be out ...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Sinead O'Connor performed on Graham Norton a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is she was absolutely incredible.

No doubt the RTE sounds guys will fúck that up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

One of these days, someone is going to start next weeks LLS thread, before this weeks one is broadcast.

It will be like dividing by zero or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Wow, two world famous people in Mia Farrow and Sugar Ray Leonard. The LLS does it two weeks in a row! That's more like it...

Particularly looking forward to seeing Sugar Ray Leonard. Extremely talented guy, an absolute gent and always makes for an interesting interview. He might even get a minute or two more than Jerry Springer did if we are lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 72,286 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

And how was YOUR week, Ryan?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/46716977#46716977

(after the 30 second ad)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Skid wrote: »

Mia Farrow Actress, Human Rights Activist for UNICEF, and former partner of both Woody Allen and Frank Sinatra.

Great line-up this week :)

Mia Farrow's mother, the actress Maureen O'Sullivan was born in Boyle, Co. Roscommon. That's the Irish connection sorted ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

Im heading along tomorrow night

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I actually know who these guests are!..That's a first for a while..:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Marion Finucane- won't be one mention of her paycheck, just the documentary about her late friend Nuala O'Faoloin that Marion produced. When has Tubs ever asked a hard question of the various RTE co-workers that he had on the show?

The Appreciation Club of Montrose has a life long membership - even when the members "retire" because there is always a "nixer" comeback to be had.....so you can't afford to "dirty" your bib by asking "awkward" questions.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I don't know if anyone saw Tubridy's recent sketch on 'The Republic of Telly'.

I thought it was good, maybe a bit close to the truth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

The Late Late is tripe and don't watch it. It actually became unwatchable with all the nobodies it had on week in and out.

Sketch = Reality?.......Loved it!

"Miriam gets all the best guests"......"2nd nicest man in Ireland".....hahah....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

He was surprisingly good in that. He could make a good little actor, our Ryan...

Sinead O'Connor performed on Graham Norton a couple of weeks ago and all I can say is she was absolutely incredible.

No doubt the RTE sounds guys will fúck that up though.

The sound quality on RTE's live shows from permanent studios is consistently unforgiveably bad.
    Sinéad is performing the same song tonight, it'll be interesting to see how the sound compares to that performance on Graham's show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I hope the audience prize is a good one and you have a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Hmm not too bad a line up really, I might give it a watch tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Ryan get knocked out by Sugar Ray :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He can stand behind one of his legs and vanish!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭24yearslater

Watch Homelands on the other side instead - really good drama.

• Advertisement

There will also be music tonight from The Notre Dame Marching Band and Irish Trad band 'Full Set'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

There will also be music tonight from The Notre Dame Marching Band and Irish Trad band 'Full Set'

I hope its not the Full band! Come on Tubs we don't want the band, give us the Cheerleaders.

3127580-Irish_Marching_Band_South_Bend.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

who's the illness this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Chances of all talk of Mia's relationship with Sinatra and Allen off limits? ...100%

casio4 wrote: »
    who's the illness this week?

One of the Notre Dame Drummers had a nasty cold last week, he wasn't sure if he was going to be able to make the trip. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Kayly

Hasnt Mia Farrow been on at least twice before? I hate when the same guests keep coming back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I bet you thought Tubridy couldnt get more annoying, didnt you..

Bonus points for guessing which one is the real Tubridy.. What Tubridy would actually say..

"I hear that you're 216th generation Irish"..
    "How does it feel looking at that movie clip there"..
    "So you were sitting in the doctor's surgery, when you got the bad news"..
    "I gonna go up in to the audience and make a big fkn tool of myself again"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Well, it's either that or the plank's ..."so, you're rich...tell us...how rich..."...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Howye all! 'Top of the morning' to ye, Begorrah! :D

Just sitting back and ready for the show! Is it just me or is it freeeezing tonight??! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Suzie4

The thing about this is ,our dear ryan gets a chance to do something he enjoys,playing around acting..being told what to say ,and how to say it,being told what to do and how to do it..

So it comes across fine.

The late late show is actually the opposite of this.

Advertisement