Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rush - Clockwork Angels Release Date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

You'll be a hell of a lot more than "aware and respectful" after seeing them live ;)

I may have undersold my interest in them there. I think I know Moving Pictures and Snakes & Arrows inside out, with Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and A Farewell To Kings getting rotation on the iPod. I know a lot of people here are followers of them for a long time so I didn't want to sound like I knew anything close to what they do. I am a genuine fan albeit only since the last few years.

Yes I have never seen them live and I understand it's amazing so I'm hoping for an Irish date! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

There is a Rush show on sky arts now; Snakes and Arrows tour I must admit they sound fairly great. til a voice and words appear, with song concepts such as "Working Them Angels".. The very definition of musical muscle methinks. Lee's bass sounds great

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

galwayrush wrote: »
    I predict.. Dublin, Rotterdam, Stockholm, Helsinki and Oslo.

Amsterdam, Helsinki & Oslo added this morning. I'm afraid not looking too good for an Irish date, very surprising given the reaction & crowds they got at the O2 last year.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'm afraid not looking too good for an Irish date, very surprising given the reaction & crowds they got at the O2 last year.:(

But.... but Geddy promised they'd be back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Don't panic, more dates to be announced and some possible dates free.
    Howard is probably negotiating with the small minded health n safety people at the O2 about being allowed the full pyro show this time...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Very surprising they've been announced as headliners for Sweden Rocks Festival .... Rush playing to a "non-Rush audience" ... not sure how that will go down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I'd say they'll go down well. They're fantastic musicians and play great songs. I think most people who enjoy a good gig will enjoy seeing them.
    I know I've enjoyed plenty of bands live that I wouldn't listen to at home

• Registered Users Posts: 21,124 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sweden Rock eh? Might even look into that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Soundchaser33

Howya Raymo? I was just looking for any info to see if Rush were ognna play here and I saw your name!

Paul

• Advertisement

Howya Raymo? I was just looking for any info to see if Rush were ognna play here and I saw your name!

Paul

ha ha ha ... you could've just emailed me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

SONG PREVIEWS ! AHHHH

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20923974

Rage-Face.jpg

Fanpack arrived this morning :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

RayCon wrote: »
    Fanpack arrived this morning :cool:
    Did you order it from the magazine site or amazon... ???

laros wrote: »
    Did you order it from the magazine site or amazon... ???

Magazine site ... mates you ordered theirs through the Mag site received theirs this morning too ....

.. it's a kick arse package - the digi-pack CD is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

RayCon wrote: »
    .. it's a kick arse package - the digi-pack CD is lovely.

It sure is :D Did you have your name added to the back of one of the posters?

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    It sure is :D Did you have your name added to the back of one of the posters?

Yip ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Deplasterer

I'm waiting for the general release, but by all accounts the concensus is that this is the best thing they've releases in 20 years?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Pure gold.

• Advertisement

Is the new Classic Prog out with the cd yet? I know it should be due any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

The closing track is unreal. It's better than Snakes & Arrows, therefore for me it's the best thing they've done since Grace Under Pressure!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I was hoping for something on par with Snakes and Arrows, to be better would be brilliant.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I think you'll be happy ScienceNerd ... gem of an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Love it.

Although to be fair it doesn't take much for me to fall in love with a Rush album. Just waiting for them to announce a Vancouver date now!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

xerces wrote: »
    I may have undersold my interest in them there. I think I know Moving Pictures and Snakes & Arrows inside out, with Hemispheres, Permanent Waves and A Farewell To Kings getting rotation on the iPod. I know a lot of people here are followers of them for a long time so I didn't want to sound like I knew anything close to what they do. I am a genuine fan albeit only since the last few years.

Yes I have never seen them live and I understand it's amazing so I'm hoping for an Irish date! :cool:

Doesn't matter if you were into them since their first rehearsal or if you just discovered them yesterday, the important thing is you enjoy the music, and that makes you a genuine fan regardless of time :)

So what's happening with the fan pack/magazine thingy? Does Eason's have the exclusive on this and is it out on Monday or Tuesday? Have heard conflicting info. I'm also enforcing a blackout on hearing any more of the album until it's in my hifi! :D

Doesn't matter if you were into them since their first rehearsal or if you just discovered them yesterday, the important thing is you enjoy the music, and that makes you a genuine fan regardless of time :)

So what's happening with the fan pack/magazine thingy? Does Eason's have the exclusive on this and is it out on Monday or Tuesday? Have heard conflicting info. I'm also enforcing a blackout on hearing any more of the album until it's in my hifi! :D

I was told in Easons today that its coming in the 20th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

HMV in Henry Street (Dublin) had it this weekend. I bought it at lunchtime today, Sunday. They'd quite a few copies. It's €15.99. The magazine is decent. I've not played the CD yet. I want to give it proper attention, but everyone is to be commended on this particular fan package.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Whole album seems to be up on youtube, listened to a lot of it, out of order (and, to be honest, rather drunk :)) but sounds like a good quality album.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement