Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco big night in €15

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Meat Feast or nothing when it comes to pizza :)

I know I was so peeved when I realised I couldn't get the Meat Feast pizza :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for me anyway. I wonder how they make a profit on this deal???

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for me anyway. I wonder how they make a profit on this deal???

Make's ya wonder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

I have seen most of these...Tintin or Horrible Bosses?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

By getting you in the door and buying a few other items while your there. Plus they are 'taking' market share from their competitors which seems to be the be all and end all of performance measurement. I am sure that if I was selling my stock at less than cost I would clean up in turnover as well and be the most successful business in receivership.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

kn wrote: »
    In fairness The Guard was a really crap film. They must have wrote the ending while on the lash one night.

:eek: booo :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

kn wrote: »
    By getting you in the door and buying a few other items while your there. Plus they are 'taking' market share from their competitors which seems to be the be all and end all of performance measurement. I am sure that if I was selling my stock at less than cost I would clean up in turnover as well and be the most successful business in receivership.

mind you, they have issued a profit warning recently, first time in a long time. Still huge though with vast cash streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

mind you, they have issued a profit warning recently, first time in a long time. Still huge though with vast cash streams.

Like they are only gonna make 5 Graham's profit instead of 6 Graham's profit :rolleyes: :(:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham%27s_number

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Any one elses DVD a copy? Bit pissed off mine is! It was all packaged up as well so I didn't know until I opened it.

33lhxmb.jpg

Johner wrote: »
    Any one elses DVD a copy? Bit pissed off mine is! It was all packaged up as well so I didn't know until I opened it.

33lhxmb.jpg

Ha very funny,

It's the way it was printed, it's NOT a copy, that's the picture on the DVD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ha very funny,

It's the way it was printed, it's NOT a copy, that's the picture on the DVD

:p:pac:

I know. When I first opened mine I was like whaaaaa?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

€2.50 DVD (when you offer to buy in the hundreds of thousands, distributors tend to listen to your offer), €1.20 Ice Cream (being sold at €2 on special at the minute), €2 Pizza (prob cheaper tbh), €5 Beer.

Total: €10.70, might make it up to €12, but I'd be surprised. Then, as others have alluded to, you pick up some more tat and they're absolutely laughing, all overheads well covered and they're rushing up to Graham's number again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Meat Feast or nothing when it comes to pizza :)

Get the Cheese pizza and make your own toppings...problem solved !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Tesco.ie doesn't seem to be offering the full selection of DVDs. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ain't part of the deal. On the plus side Howling Gale is coming up as a beer option.

The Big Night In DVD stand in my Tescos appears to be just a load of random DVDs...I don't think they're doing the offer :(

Occono wrote: »
    The Big Night In DVD stand in my Tescos appears to be just a load of random DVDs...I don't think they're doing the offer :(

Mate of mine told me there wasn't a stand in Wexford but they were highlighted with yellow stickers in the regular DVD area of the shop. Worth checking there.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Mate of mine told me there wasn't a stand in Wexford but they were highlighted with yellow stickers in the regular DVD area of the shop. Worth checking there.

I didn't spot those either. When it's less busy I'll ask though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

A word of warning for anyone who is ordering this online make sure and check your receipt. I had to ring them to have the reduction made they charged me full price for all the individual items. So will have to wait a few days now until they can refund me the difference. Pity they dont give you double the difference when they overcharge online!

Occono wrote: »
    I didn't spot those either. When it's less busy I'll ask though.

Texted him and he tells me there is a stand now when you go into the store right in front of you. If the DVD you want isn't there check the area where they sell the DVDS anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

danois wrote: »
    A word of warning for anyone who is ordering this online make sure and check your receipt. I had to ring them to have the reduction made they charged me full price for all the individual items. So will have to wait a few days now until they can refund me the difference. Pity they dont give you double the difference when they overcharge online!

Same happened here. Hadn't spotted it until I read your post so cheers. Delighted to get Howling Gale as part of this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

homolumo wrote: »
    Tesco.ie doesn't seem to be offering the full selection of DVDs. Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ain't part of the deal. On the plus side Howling Gale is coming up as a beer option.

Tesco in The Square Tallaght

Girl with Dragon Tattoo DVD
    6 Pk Carlsberg
    Large Pizza
    Big Tub Ice Cream

Tower Heist DVD
    12 coca cola cans
    Large Pizza
    Big Tub Ice Cream

30 euro in total.
    bargain considering that the Girl with Dragon Tattoo DVD is on the shelf for 17euro and Tower Heist is 10 euro

Meant to say, had the cheese pizza at the weekend - OMG it was YAK !! Yak Yak.

Rest of the offer was good though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I put Super 8 in my shopping basket online the other day as it was part of the deal and now it's listed as 'permanently unavailable' ASS
    No Guard, no hangover, no horrible bosses or GWDT even. I presume 'the while stocks last' and 'selected stores' is their get-out clause.

EDIT**Ooooooooh when I go into DVD section I get extra listings to what comes up when i click the 'special offer icon'
    Still no Super8 tho *sniffle*

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

kerash wrote: »
    I put Super 8 in my shopping basket online the other day as it was part of the deal and now it's listed as 'permanently unavailable' ASS
    No Guard, no hangover, no horrible bosses or GWDT even. I presume 'the while stocks last' and 'selected stores' is their get-out clause.

EDIT**Ooooooooh when I go into DVD section I get extra listings to what comes up when i click the 'special offer icon'
    Still no Super8 tho *sniffle*

Not sure where you live kerash but I was in Tesco Clarehall (Malahide Road) yesterday and they had pretty much all titles on 2 separate stands on the shop floor (one right at the tills as you come into the store, the other near the beer wall), as well as a well stocked DVD area if that's any use to you?

Pity I've upgraded to Blu Ray. And hate those pizzas! And not a huge fan of Carte d'or either....good job i'm not fussy eh?

Anyone else think including the Blu Ray version in this deal for say an extra fiver/tenner would make it a little more attractive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Not sure where you live kerash but I was in Tesco Clarehall (Malahide Road) yesterday and they had pretty much all titles on 2 separate stands on the shop floor (one right at the tills as you come into the store, the other near the beer wall), as well as a well stocked DVD area if that's any use to you?

Pity I've upgraded to Blu Ray. And hate those pizzas! And not a huge fan of Carte d'or either....good job i'm not fussy eh?

Anyone else think including the Blu Ray version in this deal for say an extra fiver/tenner would make it a little more attractive?
    got the guard:)
    pep pizza:cool:
    rum and raison..mmm:pac:
    6 bottles guiness:D the guiness would have cost a tenner on its own
    won,'t be able to move far from toilet tomorrow:o

Advertisement