Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco big night in €15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

VicWatson, the prices quoted suggests you might have picked up a box of 3 Chocablok icecream bars instead of a tub?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

VicWatson, the prices quoted suggests you might have picked up a box of 3 Chocablok icecream bars instead of a tub?

Cheers, but no they were two of the tubs! Gonna bring em back tomorrow and see... brought the receipt back today and was told they'd need to see the Ice creams !! and the pizzas - these are perishable goods.

Perhaps if Tesco used their imagination a bit better and put some indicative code on the receipt instead of just "Ice Cream" and "Frozen Pizza", they didn't write just "beer" for Tiger Beer - they called it Tiger Beer and the same with Corona Lager, they didn't just call it lager, and with the DVD there is also a code beside it.

Now in total I've travelled over 20 miles to sort this problem that Tesco have created:mad:

After all the to-ing and fro-ing I finally got some joy -

So they refunded me

10.99 + 2.49 + 10.00 + 4.85 = 28.33

They had discounted me 15.83

So they gave me 13.33 refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

This is on again from tomorrow to July 2nd.

DVD + Goodfellas Takeaway Pizza + Tub of Carte D'Or Ice Cream + a 6 pack from a wide range (including Guinness and Bulmers, Heineken, Carlsberg etc) or 12 pack Coca Cola.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Love this deal, missed it last time around so I'll def be getting of this time. Wonder what the DVD's are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Full DVD selection is shown on last page of this booklet! Think I'll have to treat myself the "The Guard".
    http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Full DVD selection is shown on last page of this booklet!
    As below..

Untitled_191.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Sound. There is a couple dvds there that I want so I'll probably do it twice over like I did last time :D nice one for posting the pic, I went looking last night and couldn't find owt

hdowney wrote: »
    Sound. There is a couple dvds there that I want so I'll probably do it twice over like I did last time :D nice one for posting the pic, I went looking last night and couldn't find owt

Only starts today.

I would have thought they might have had the blurb on the promotion available to view a day or two before it started tho, help entice people like. Anyways off to Tesco shortly :D

• Advertisement

I would have thought they might have had the blurb on the promotion available to view a day or two before it started tho, help entice people like. Anyways off to Tesco shortly :D

Twas advertised in Sunday Times yesterday - I still can't find it on their website, anyways not to worry.

Ah I don't read papers!!! Anywho went down there now. Got meself the Rum and Raisin Cart Dor, A six pack of longneck Bulmers, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and the Pepperoni Pizza. Just a note according to the wans in my Tesco, there are only two of the Goodfellas Takeaway Pizzas in the offer, the Pepperoni and the Cheese one. I wanted Meat Feast originally :( Still tho, since Dragon Tat dvd is still €17.99 in Tesco I done well!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Not on clarehall anyway. Starting some time this week!!?

Starting Wednesday in clarehall and artane.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 noahthecat11

Is the dvd the keeps
    also this is putting xtra vision out of business they cant compete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Full DVD selection is shown on last page of this booklet! Think I'll have to treat myself the "The Guard".
    http://www.tesco.ie/pricenews/
    Just went into Tesco Tullamore I enquired with staff they said the needs starts wed, :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

there are only two of the Goodfellas Takeaway Pizzas in the offer, the Pepperoni and the Cheese one

That's a dealbreaker for me.

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Just went into Tesco Tullamore I enquired with staff they said the needs starts wed, :'(

It was advertised in the Sunday Times as starting today!

kn wrote: »
    IrishHomer wrote: »

It was advertised in the Sunday Times as starting today!

It hasn't started everywhere today, some stores are starting it on Wednesday so check before go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

shivers27 wrote: »
    Starting Wednesday in clarehall and artane.
    Started in artane today

• Advertisement

Clarehall staff rang artane to ask when it was starting there and told me it wasn't starting till Wednesday ? ... Sorry !!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

shivers27 wrote: »
    Clarehall staff rang artane to ask when it was starting there and told me it wasn't starting till Wednesday ? ... Sorry !!
    The promotion stand is on the floor with the dvds on it

I was in clarehall and the staff rang artane for me to see if the offer was on there, I wasn't actually in artane myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

No , you cant rent dvd's from Tesco, its for keeps :P

That's a dealbreaker for me.

in what way, the lack of choice?
    ShaneU wrote: »
    The promotion stand is on the floor with the dvds on it

not in wicklow it wasn't. considering they KNEW the promotion started today, as they had input it into the system it is a bit pissy that i had to go and find all the bits meself!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

not in wicklow it wasn't. considering they KNEW the promotion started today, as they had input it into the system it is a bit pissy that i had to go and find all the bits meself!

Tesco in Jervis had a promo poster up behind the tills, but nothing else bar a discreet label in with the ice creams. It was a self assembly arrangement there too - and all that's left on the ice cream front is rum and raisin or reduced fat vanilla. I got the last regular tub of vanilla. They've a few copies of The Guard left though.

alastair wrote: »
    Tesco in Jervis had a promo poster up behind the tills, but nothing else bar a discreet label in with the ice creams. It was a self assembly arrangement there too - and all that's left on the ice cream front is rum and raisin or reduced fat vanilla. I got the last regular tub of vanilla. They've a few copies of The Guard left though.

Wicklow had none of the guard in unfortch. hopefully they will soon tho. How much was the guard - pre discount price

Wicklow had none of the guard in unfortch. hopefully they will soon tho. How much was the guard - pre discount price

In fairness The Guard was a really crap film. They must have wrote the ending while on the lash one night.

kn wrote: »
    In fairness The Guard was a really crap film. They must have wrote the ending while on the lash one night.

True, I'd have to be in the humour to watch it. Buggers kept me awake all bleeding night filming the ending, tis like literally my back yard kinda thing :(

There is a couple other films in the selection I'd get too, you know yourself, when they are on offer your more inclined to pick them up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Meat Feast or nothing when it comes to pizza :)

Advertisement