Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"no Irish " ad in Oz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    If by hitting a nerve you mean made a bunch of racist comments and thought it was business as usual, I guess.

Careful now, that's grounds for libel. Did you report these comments to the moderati for me to chastised accordingly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I draw the line at posting someone's private details on an internet forum to cause trouble for them (which is what the lovely Doc Ruby did btw) so I said as much and it spiralled from there.
    You mean those same details that are currently echoing throughout the entire internet. And as it turns out, those details were posted by another poster before me.
    No thanks. I'm not interested in explaining myself to you.
    Oh dear oh dear, so you don't feel like explaining why you feel racist advertisements are understandable?
    Careful now, that's grounds for libel. Did you report these comments to the moderati for me to chastised accordingly?
    And the last refuge of the indefenceable gets wheeled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Oh dear oh dear, so you don't feel like explaining why you feel racist advertisements are understandable?

Not to you, no. I'm not the one making outrageous claims, remember? Forum discussing 101.

You still failed to explain what your issue is.

Not to you, no.
    Ah so you do feel racist advertisements are understandable.

Glad we cleared that up.

You mean those same details that are currently echoing throughout the entire internet. And as it turns out, those details were posted by another poster before me.

Actually it was only an external link that people could click on if they wanted to embark on a bit of vigilante activity. You so kindly went and posted the exact content here to make sure everyone could see.

You're a classy one alright.

You're quite good at this selective quoting lark aren't you?

Answer the question -
    So, in light of the fact that no one is claiming racism is ok and the ad has been condemned as requested - What is your issue with saying that understanding can be applied to it?
    And the last refuge of the indefenceable gets wheeled out.

Heh, yes 'indefensible' indeed :rolleyes:

You're talking bollox at this stage so I'll leave you to it.

• Advertisement

Ah so you do feel racist advertisements are understandable.

Glad we cleared that up.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

^^ that is what you are attempting to do, poorly. Its not clever and it doesn't impress anyone.

Do you have anything of substance to say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Stay classy Australia

Actually it was only an external link that people could click on if they wanted to embark on a bit of vigilante activity. You so kindly went and posted the exact content here to make sure everyone could see.

You're a classy one alright.
    I didn't look for or find said details. Neither was I the first to post them on the thread. Quite a lot of people use phones to view boards these days, so unless you feel that everyone that does the same thing is doing something wrong, you're away with the fairies again.
    You're quite good at this selective quoting lark aren't you?
    Excellent in fact, especially when it clarifies intent rather than obscuring it.
    You're talking bollox at this stage so I'll leave you to it.
    If you say so buddy. Its fairly clear which way the wind is blowing so better catch that wave, aww yeh.

^^ that is what you are attempting to do, poorly. Its not clever and it doesn't impress anyone.

And here we go again - do you or do you not feel racist advertisements are understandable, and if so, why?

I didn't look for or find said details. Neither was I the first to post them on the thread.

That money was just resting in my account.

• Advertisement

The below would confirm that no, nothing of substance whatsoever mixed with question dodging of the highest order. Not worth the time at this stage.
    I didn't look for or find said details. Neither was I the first to post them on the thread. Quite a lot of people use phones to view boards these days, so unless you feel that everyone that does the same thing is doing something wrong, you're away with the fairies again.

Excellent in fact, especially when it clarifies intent rather than obscuring it.

If you say so buddy. Its fairly clear which way the wind is blowing so better catch that wave, aww yeh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

No thanks. I'm not interested in explaining myself to you. You, however, are calling others out so it is beholden to you to defend your statements.

So, in light of the fact that no one is claiming racism is ok and the ad has been condemned as requested - What is your issue with saying that understanding can be applied to it?

...there is no "understanding". All he has to do is say references and qualifications vital and leave the "Irish" bit off. Easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

take a time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

IT SOUNDS like a bad joke, but both an Irishman and an Englishman have said they posted a job ad on the Gumtree website looking for a bricklayer, but warning that “No Irish” need apply.

When The Irish Times rang the Australian mobile phone number listed on the now removed ad, it was answered by a man with a Northern Ireland accent who did not want to give his name, but said he had placed the ad

LOL. This made my day. :)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0314/1224313271708.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

People in Aussie being racist, well I never :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Nordies in Oz being racist. Mind blown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

amazing

what a racist bastard

This went well here two days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

In before the Union spokesperson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Whats his problem with Irish Bricks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

A few minutes after the phone call, an Englishman called back from the same number, saying he had placed the ad. “I don’t have any problem with [the] Irish whatsoever,” he said.
    “I think this has been blown completely out of proportion, because I just don’t have the time to train an Irish person up at the moment. I think it’s just all gone a bit sideways and people have looked at it the wrong way.”

Eh.....WHAT !?!?
    Is it somehow more difficult to train up an Irish person than people of other nationalities ?

This is actually a worse statement than the ad itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This went well here two days ago.

Mmyep.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77549995

All 21 pages of it.

When The Irish Times rang the Australian mobile phone number listed on the now removed ad, it was answered by a man with a Northern Ireland accent who did not want to give his name, but said he had placed the ad.
    Did not know he was from the north. Well now, isn't that interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Was it KeithAFC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"No Irish' bricklayer job ad posted by a Paddy."

I hate that phrase!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

smash wrote: »
    "No Irish' bricklayer job ad posted by a Paddy."

I hate that phrase!

Maybe his name is Patrick

Its not as it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

More likely his name is Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭youtheman

Reminds me of the one where an Aussie put an add in the paper stating 'No Asians'. See it here, it's a classic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHtDJ7GnjQY

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

I knew an anti-Irish ad would get support of boards.ie. Pathetic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement