Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Whammy! wrote: »

What's everyone's stance on collecting Masterpiece figures?
    Do you only collect what you like, or are you more of a must have them all, even figures you can't connect with?
    Curious to know how everyone else collects...

Heard a rumor on twl2005 that RocketPunchArmy said mp-25 will be Iron Hide and mp-26 will be Mirage.

I'll get a toy if the character means a lot to me - like the hideous MP-05 which is currently on a high shelf, tilted precariously, balancing on his arm cannon like a walking stick.
    But also if it looks great or transforms beautifully, even if I don't really like the character.
    I don't like Ultra Magnus' character in G1 (I like him in most other iterations) but he's winging his way here because he initially looked great. I'm having second thoughts about him though.
    I bought boring ol' Streak because, damn, that was a good looking car and it will look great on Magnus' truck. I'm considering the same option for a KO Smokescreen but I think his colours will clash with Magnus.

I bought Blaster (KFC Transistor),whom I never liked as a character, to square up against Soundwave (my favourite character). They look phenomenal together.

I wasn't interested in Bumblebee but his toy actually looks great in the reviews and if I can find him at the right price...
    Also, I never really liked Shockwave but I got Quakewave just so I could make this!
    2015_01_07_15_40_37.jpg

Heard a rumor on twl2005 that RocketPunchArmy said mp-25 will be Iron Hide and mp-26 will be Mirage.
    Ugh, Mirage is the worst. Even the Autobots hate him.
    Ironhide deserves a proper toy considering the original G1 monstrosity. It was a rare occurrence when the kid with a go-bot could slag a kid with Transformer but Iron Hide and Ratchet lived up to the challenge.
    Not sure how much I'd want to spend on a MP Toyota Lite-Ace though.

Give ME GALVATRON!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Whammy!

Myself, I don't really have any direction at the moment. No series that I would want to complete. I just get what takes my fancy at the time.
    I tend to gravitate towards the more unique characters. The more obvious characters, although I love some of them, they just don't really appeal to me.

I also like to display in a minimalistic fashion. Just a few robots tastefully placed around.
    If I ended up getting a load of masterpiece's I'm not sure I would display them all. Probably just my favorite at the time and switch them for other units when I get bored.

I'm currently preferring the size of the Autobot cars (Wheeljack etc) compared to units MP-10 size which I really didn't expect I would.
    The only big guy I have is MP-13b which I love, but I do find it easier to display the smaller guys.

Depending on what Masterpiece units are released next I may aim to get one of them or I may try and get MP-23 Exhaust.
    I really like him because of the Diaclone homage and because it's probably as close as I will get to Takara releasing a Masterpiece Stunticon :D

If Takara released a Headmaster Masterpiece series that would be a different story. I would need to collect all of them :)

Aw, damn. Badcube just released beautiful pictures of an MP Warpath!
    10898071_746672595418479_3204544224705957709_n.jpg?oh=133034fd15207863276d2ee61a2fa231&oe=556E5434&__gda__=1432952460_60a5e17c7a5e8bafc3476e8e1bb9af51

He's huge - like MP-10 big.

27489747d1420856203-badcube-ots-04-war-dog-mp-warpath-0ts04-test-04.jpg

I'm really conflicted about this -
    I love love love Warpath. He's the only surviving Autobot from my childhood.
    The generations Warpath is a really great robot but not a great tank.
    This has a great Tank and a very good, if kibble-y robot.
    He's too big! But really, is he? Should he be the same size as Bumblebee just because the scale chart says so? He is a Tank after all.

I'll need to see a price before I make up my mind but knowing Badcube's prices, I'd say he'll be €90 - €100.

Does anyone want to buy a MP Ultra Magnus :p

*Edit*
    Latest pictures show his tank is bigger than the MP Cars but his robot is smaller then them - it's like magic.

Never really paid too much attention to Warpath as a character so I'm not sure of the whole scale thing. But Badcube really did a great job with Wardog as far as making him look like a MP Warpath.

Someone did a scale image with Prime, Warpath and Bumblebee using a cartoon still as reference.
    Warpath in tank form (with robot Prime & Bumblebee)
    Warpath in robot form (with robot Prime & Bumblebee)

Regardless of scale, I think he looks awesome.

Never been an Ultra Magnus fan, nor do I feel the need to pick up the recent masterpiece. But he does look awesome, especially when posed with smaller figures. They did a great job with the look and vibe of the figure. But even more so the transformation.
    I came across this transformation video of him. Though you all might like to see it, even if you own the figure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Never been an Ultra Magnus fan, nor do I feel the need to pick up the recent masterpiece. But he does look awesome, especially when posed with smaller figures. They did a great job with the look and vibe of the figure. But even more so the transformation.
    I came across this transformation video of him. Though you all might like to see it, even if you own the figure.

Agreed on both.

Was a must buy because...well.. Masterpiece, and i don't regret buying it.
    But it's been transformed once, and back to the box it went.

Back to the box? Not displaying it?

^i dont really keep anyhing on display TBH. Even loose figures are kepr in bags and then in boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Where's the fun in that.
    I packed up last year during a big build. And it was Torture. Also took about 2 weeks to get em packed.
    During the summer I broke out my Starscream box and it was such a great feeling. Slowly but surely I'm been freeing others from Status. And organising the Robot room will be easier once I sort out the shelving.

Also if I'm gona spend money on something I'm damn well going to play about with it. No matter how often she threatens to melt the ones left in the sitting room. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The big fella Mp-22 arrived this morning. God, he looks great. Definitely worth the price.

• Advertisement

That transformation really highlights the part-former side of him by doing the trailer first and then the cab. I haven't seen anyone else do it like that, it's normally a big all-in-one action.
    Also, they've left the back incomplete to make him look slimmer but they ended up with the butt-flap now reaching down to his knees.
    No, I'll probably leave him in truck mode with some cars.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    The big fella Mp-22 arrived this morning. God, he looks great. Definitely worth the price.

Hi John - where did you order yours from?
    Any issue with VAT or anything like that?

My Wheeljack should be here any day now biggrin.png Looking forward to him.
    AxlF wrote: »
    Also, they've left the back incomplete to make him look slimmer but they ended up with the butt-flap now reaching down to his knees.
    No, I'll probably leave him in truck mode with some cars.

I noticed that too. Well, I don't actually know how the back of the toy should look, but something looked incomplete and wrong with that back piece down to his knees.

Hi John - where did you order yours from?
    Any issue with VAT or anything like that?

I ordered him from RobotKingdom. I also got the Collector's coin. No problems with VAT or anything. I ordered him last Friday and it turned up at my door yesterday.

Just so people are informed..i do know of some people who got caught for VAT on Robotkingdom orders recently.

Your mileage may vary of course.

ChopShop wrote: »
    Just so people are informed..i do know of some people who got caught for VAT on Robotkingdom orders recently.

Your mileage may vary of course.

Wow. I got lucky then.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I ordered him from RobotKingdom. I also got the Collector's coin. No problems with VAT or anything. I ordered him last Friday and it turned up at my door yesterday.

Wow that was quick.
    I've had this guy pre-ordered from Anime Export since god knows when and as far as I can see he's still in Japan.
    They shut down for a week on the day he was released and then when he was shipped, he sat in a suburban Tokyo post office for a week before moving to the main Tokyo post office.

I always expect to get hit with a VAT bill from the post man - that way I'm either prepared for it or pleasantly surprised. It's only happened twice with An Post for large purchases like this but happens EVERY time with UPS or DHL.

Wow that was quick.
    I've had this guy pre-ordered from Anime Export since god knows when and as far as I can see he's still in Japan.
    They shut down for a week on the day he was released and then when he was shipped, he sat in a suburban Tokyo post office for a week before moving to the main Tokyo post office.

I always expect to get hit with a VAT bill from the post man - that way I'm either prepared for it or pleasantly surprised. It's only happened twice with An Post for large purchases like this but happens EVERY time with UPS or DHL.

I was surprised too. I ordered Sideswipe from them and it took nearly two weeks to get him.

I was surprised I wasn't hit with VAT as well. I ordered a Macross 1/55 Valkyrie that was no where near as big or as UM and got hit with a €50 VAT bill. I guess since its so soon after Christmas that they might be in a "screw it. Let it through" mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Luckily only got hit once for VAT from robotkingdom but it was for Fort Max. No way that was getting thru without a VAT bill :)

So it looks like MP-25 will be Tracks, 26 will be Tracks repaint Road Rage and 27 will be Ironhide.

http://tformers.com/new-masterpiece-rumors-mp-25-tracks-mp-26-road-rage-mp-27-ironhide/25659/news.html

The only one I'm interested in is Ironhide [and I'm sure a Ratchet repaint won't be far behind. ] Too me BT-Tracks can double as an MP because it was very close to his G-1 look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

I'll pick all the G1s but none of the repaints unless they are from the original G1 group. Red tracks is a no for me. Can't wait for an official statement.

Anything Masterpiece that throws a nod to Diaclone works fine for me.

I'm so happy if Tracks is officially next. I mentioned a few pages ago about wanting Tracks with no previous idea that he was actually one of the rumors.

I am curious about the Diaclone issues. I should be getting Wheeljack soon in the post and depending on how I like the mold I may also go for Exhaust, because I do like the look of him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the original Diaclone Tracks meant to be female? (not sure where I read that)

Talk of Tracks has been coming from inside sources for a good while now...at least a year.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the original Diaclone Tracks meant to be female? (not sure where I read that)

Road Rage, the repaint of (reissue) Tracks from the early 2000s, is 'Female'.

Diaclone, they were all marketed as mechs/exoskeletons controlled by human-sized pilots, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

They where. Slightly more articulated Humans than Zoids came with them.
    But not by much.

I got Takara Soundwave today but am curious about the other cassettes. Surely there couldn't be much of a difference between the KOs and the authentic ones? Anybody know for sure.

I got Takara Soundwave today but am curious about the other cassettes. Surely there couldn't be much of a difference between the KOs and the authentic ones? Anybody know for sure.

I'm waiting on a KO Ratbat which I bought on the strength of positive YouTube reviews. The videos for KO MP-15 Ravage and Rumble show they are almost identical with the only flaw being the tiny stickers are not centred perfectly.

I have a KO Streak and it is indistinguishable from a real one unless you really inspect it.

A friend has KO Ratbat, and i have the real one.
    KO is fairly close, but when you compare the details it becomes easy enough to spot the differences.

I paid for one of these. Looks too good to be true but I contacted the seller beforehand and he swears blind they're authentic.

• Advertisement

I paid for one of these. Looks too good to be true but I contacted the seller beforehand and he swears blind they're authentic.

That's a very nice looking authentic box :)

Advertisement