Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

England v Ireland St Patricks Day 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Is that it for ROG? Sad way for him to go out if so.

It should be, and I agree, it's a sad end.

It should be the end of a few more international careers out there too, not least the coach.

Time for fresh approach, and time to rebuild.

In the mean time, time to de-deccify the players and try and get them back to performing at a high enough level to compete for the Heineken Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I think the people who were defending Heaslip in the first half are more embarrassed tbh.

Heaslip's form or otherwise was not the issue in that match and your obsession with him is bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Almaviva

We can guess we have seen the last of Darcy. A sad decline in recent years, but praise for the good one before that.

Three cheers for Dorce - we'll always have that break in Twickenham 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Superbus wrote: »
    Disaster is a noun.
    We've made it into a verb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭twinytwo

circos wrote: »
    Awful. This will have to affect the lads going back to their clubs.

Need an English style clear-out. Some players and coach.

Horrible game.

i wish this is ireland... must have jobs for the boys

• Advertisement

I for one am glad that we managed to secure Kidney as coach before our successful WC run after our successful 6N and preceding our incredibly successful 6N 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Hook attacks sexton? Incredibly. Good man Conor o Shea put manners on him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭jimbomalley

flyswatter wrote: »
    Ross getting injured did us, the English deserve this comprehensive victory however. It would be great if this was the end of kidney

Funnily enough, the scrum was just as bad before he went off.

Disagree. It was buckling with Ross on but couldn't see that penalty try being given if he was at tighthead for it. It was walked backwards when court came on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

mfceiling wrote: »
    Possibly the worst game of rugby I've ever watched.

I take it your are too young to remember the late eighties or all of the nineties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

ajeffares wrote: »
    Hook attacks sexton? Incredibly.

Not on my telly he didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I for one am glad that we managed to secure Kidney as coach before our successful WC run after our successful 6N and preceding our incredibly successful 6N 2012.

Just wait emmet, he has plans. Gonna clone TOL and blame him across the park. Then teams will fear us.

Heaslip's form or otherwise was not the ssue in that match and your obsession with him is bizarre.
    My obsession? :confused:

I said he was below-par, others argued he wasn't. I think the game proved my point, and I was correct.

The point has been made, and those saying he was playing fine (pointing out that he hadn't missed a single one of his 4 tackles :rolleyes:) look silly.

</obsession>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

Jack McGrath mentioned. Theres a guy that can SCRUMMAGE AND play both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Disgraceful stuff today. A number of players along with the coach should be firmly shown the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I said he was below-par, others argued he wasn't. I think the game proved my point, and I was correct.

The point has been made, and those saying he was playing fine (pointing out that he hadn't missed a single one of his 4 tackles :rolleyes:) look silly.

</obsession>

I give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Superbus wrote: »
    Disaster is a noun.
    We've made it into a verb.

Nous disastons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭porterbelly

Kidney, do us a favour and walk

Heaslip, O Leary, O Gara, O Callaghan and Da'rcy can go with him

Standards have to be met, and when they continuously aren't met then changes need to be made

</obsession>

You made a number of posts and then gloated. Its quite obvious you were happy with how his game panned out. To be honest it was pathetic how delighted you seemed.

Heaslip hate is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jack McGrath mentioned. Theres a guy that can SCRUMMAGE AND play both sides.
    No he can't. He can cover tighthead about as well as Tom Court can. Except Court is a far better loosehead. Suggesting McGrath is better than Court is hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

bring on the all blacks:cool:

goodbye:
    DOC
    ROG
    TOL
    D'arcy
    KIDNEY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Not on my telly he didn't.

First comment sexton didn't boss the match. No mention of tol, rog, darce, doc or kidney :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Well..... that was ****e :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If it's any consolation, there was a worse game today, and a far worse team. Stick a wooden spork in the Scotland team: they're done.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

</obsession>

I'll leave you to it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Nick Mallet next Ireland coach. Embarrassing, only word to describe that. We have the players to be grand slam champs. Kidney is to blame. Won grand slam with O'Sullivans team. We can't simply put up with "close enough" anymore. Look at our club sides in HC. 3 in QF. We should be winning more Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Unless a second full-time goal kicker gets into the Ireland squad, ROG will always be there as back-up.

He looks like a man who wants to retire from international rugby though, has done since the world cup. Don't think he'll have any interest in staying on as back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭neilmulvey

Kidney, do us a favour and walk

Heaslip, O Leary, O Gara, O Callaghan and Da'rcy can go with him

Standards have to be met, and when they continuously aren't met then changes need to be made

O'Leary kicked out on the full twice and a few minutes later england scored tries. Kidney needs to wise up and stop picking his buddies.

Heaslip needs to be dropped. O'Callaghan isnt producing so needs to be dropped and D'Arcy is finished.

• Advertisement

You made a number of posts and then gloated. Its quite obvious you were happy with how his game panned out. To be honest it was pathetic how delighted you seemed.
    Um...I think you are projecting. Please discuss the game and keep the personal attacks out of it.

Advertisement