Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - GW29 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Whoever said doubling up on United defenders (or else getting De Gea in) to team with Rooney might have been on to something

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm fairly set on shedding Walters at this stage. Didn't get a chance the past couple of weeks because of more pressing transfers. Who should I look at getting in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

manual_man wrote: »
    I kinda doubt that, but you never know. I think Fergie will rest and rotate, try and keep everyone fresh and injury free for the run in. He already has Jones and Smalling and Rafael for the RB position anyway

Smalling is out injured at the moment. It's a continuation of the injury that he got against Holland a few weeks ago. No return date.

Jones and Rafael are ahead of Valencia at the moment at right back and that shouldn't change.

I think I'll wait till after tomorrows game to make a decision on which winger to bring in. I was all set on Young until I heard Valencia is travelling. He is 2 million cheaper and more of an assist threat imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I need to get rid of either Silva or Bale to allow for new signings, who do i give the bullet to?

silva definitely
    cant get rid of bale while hes at home to stoke
    doubt silva will do too much damage at home to chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Vorm in goal away to Fulham or Krul at home to Norwich?

logic says Krul but who knows. i'm gonna hang onto silva a few more weeks, if tevez plays he may bring out the best in him again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Smalling is out injured at the moment. It's a continuation of the injury that he got against Holland a few weeks ago. No return date.

Smalling is in squad for tomorrows game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

who_ru wrote: »
    Vorm in goal away to Fulham or Krul at home to Norwich?

logic says Krul but who knows. i'm gonna hang onto silva a few more weeks, if tevez plays he may bring out the best in him again.

Fulham are fierce at home lately, I'd be looking at Krul over Vorm this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I don't have Rooney but United have a must win game against Bilbao tomorrow and then a terrible Wolves team to play on Sunday.

Anyone thinking Rooney could play tomorrow and then be rested on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

When did the Europa League become a must win competition? The EPL is the main prize imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't have Rooney but United have a must win game against Bilbao tomorrow and then a terrible Wolves team to play on Sunday.

Anyone thinking Rooney could play tomorrow and then be rested on Sunday?

I don't think Rooney will be left out against Wolves. Firstly, I doubt Ferguson would rest him for an away game in the PL at this stage and secondly, after the Wolves game United don't play again for another 8 days.

• Advertisement

Smalling is in squad for tomorrows game

It's all Physiorooms fault. Hope he doesn't go on and bust his head up further.

In all my genius, I've had Smalling since the January wildcard instead of Evans. Switched them this week. So yes, Smalling is 100% fit and ready to assist 7 against Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Whoever said doubling up on United defenders (or else getting De Gea in) to team with Rooney might have been on to something

I was planning to do this but Jones is now at 50%, and Ferdinand isn't worth 6.4m. Lescott is doubtful and City have Chelsea so I'd prefer to get rid of him for a United/Pool defender, but I've already got one of each.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    . Lescott is doubtful and City have Chelsea so I'd .

Lescott is in the City squad for tonight's game so I reckon he'll play against Chelsea.City won't be as open defensively as Napoli were so I reckon Chelsea will struggle to break them down.Could end up a 0-0 draw (I hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chelsea have an fa cup tie Sunday and are already wrecked from their efforts last night taking that into account I can see City beating them

We might even see an appearance from the golfer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

What ya think of this gamble ? :) :

Out : Mata & Super Mario - Mata Next 3 : MCI (A) TOT (H) AVL (A)

In : Morrison & Rooney - Morrison Next 3 : Wigan (A), Newcastle (H) Everton (A)

OR
    Ba out instead of Mario - seems better

Would cost me 4 points

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

miller82 wrote: »
    What ya think of this gamble ? :) :

In : Morrison & Rooney - Morrison Next 3 : Wigan (A), Newcastle (H) Everton (A)

OR
    Ba out instead of Mario - seems better

Would cost me 4 points

Why Morison? I had him a while back when he was getting regular gametime and he was a solid player, but he's not getting gametime at all now. 30 mins this week, nothing the last 2 weeks, 8 mins the week before that, 17 the week before that. Looks like you would almost certainly only get 1 point, if anything from him.

And Ba has a good week coming up, home against Norwich then away at West Brom. He banged in 2 goals against Norwich earlier in the year, and the same against West Brom. Its a perfect time to have him, last thing I'd do is get rid of him!

fair enough re Ba.
    I picked Morrison(WBA) because i would only have 5.9 available and he seems the best and hits Penos

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

roryc wrote: »
    Why Morison? I had him a while back when he was getting regular gametime and he was a solid player, but he's not getting gametime at all now. 30 mins this week, nothing the last 2 weeks, 8 mins the week before that, 17 the week before that. Looks like you would almost certainly only get 1 point, if anything from him.

And Ba has a good week coming up, home against Norwich then away at West Brom. He banged in 2 goals against Norwich earlier in the year, and the same against West Brom. Its a perfect time to have him, last thing I'd do is get rid of him!

I think he means Morrison from WBA. Agree regarding Ba, and I need him to repay my faith when I didn't ship him for Suarez.

with that chart in the other thread, making the switch of

In : Morrison (WBA) & Rooney - Morrison Next 3 : Wigan (A), Newcastle (H) Everton (A)

doesnt seem so risky

• Advertisement

For those considering one from the Valencia/Nani/Young trio only Young is starting tonight. The others haven't even made the squad.

If Young gets through the game then I'll get him in. If after 3/4 games he is replaced by one of the others then I'll just buy them. Don't want to wait around on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    When did the Europa League become a must win competition? The EPL is the main prize imo

I don't think it is but I doubt Fergie wants to crash out of Europe to a second rate Spanish team. United will beat Wolves whether Rooney plays or not. They have a better chance of beating Bilbao with him.

Must-win or not, Fergie wants to win tonight.

De Gea, Evra, Ferdinand, Evans, Rafael Da Silva, Park, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Rooney, Young. Subs: Amos, Smalling, Hernandez, Welbeck, Fabio Da Silva, Scholes, Pogba.

Although I'd be a lot happier if this was the XI against Wolves, since Young is likely to be playing off Rooney tonight.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Missed the united match tonight, did it give any insight into who might start on the wings against Wolves?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Nani out Dempsey In for me . Young and Gerrard then next week for Silva and Dempsey

Missed the united match tonight, did it give any insight into who might start on the wings against Wolves?

Not particularly.

Valencia and Nani didn't make the bench. Park was rubbish.

Young was alright. He came in off the wing a lot. Kinda floated into the space made by Rooney dropping into the midfield to get the ball.

Hard to say for certain. We'll know more after Fergie's conference tomorrow. Hopefully he'll give an update on Valencia and Nani. I reckon Young is almost definitely going to start against Wolves. Fergie wouldn't risk the two others I don't think, especially at the expense of Young.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Brought Young in

Don't want to leave myself open to United running wild against Wolves

Roon and Young should be sufficient coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Is getting gerrard in a bad idea ? Liverpool haven't exactly been consistent this season

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Brought Young in

Don't want to leave myself open to United running wild against Wolves

Roon and Young should be sufficient coverage

Care to share who you dropped for him? I could do with a few tips from you considering where you are in the overall standings. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I have a few red/yellow flags at the moment

Lindegard
    Sessegnon
    Kompany
    Taylor

I was tempted to do Dempsey in for Silva for this week given Fulhams recent home record. But I think I might leave myself short. Only managed to field 10 players last week.

So is the safest option to do Sessegnon -> Mcclean? Make sure I get a full team out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement