Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - GW29 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

As I've said before, in every single situation this season when all 3 (Nani/Young/Valenica) were fit, it was Valencia who was left out. I think I counted 5 games where Val was benched and the others played, then a few other times when he was instead playing League Cup games or weaker CL sides, leaving Nani and Young to play in the PL.

Yes, it's possible that Val will play. But all the "Val's back, can't pick Young" talk is very premature.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yes I know that but Nani is also there to be considered .

I know but your point was that its one or the other for a place, when in fact they play diffeent positions.

I actually think Young and Valencia might get a run together. Anyone know how long Nanu nanu is out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Seriously... anyone?? Bale or Silva who should go? Im thinking Silva as he seems to have lost form over the last while and spurs and city both have an even enough run of games over the next while but Spurs miss a gameweek in week 34 (i know its a while away yet but i like to plan ahead, especially as transfers in this week will cost me 8 points!!:eek:)

Seriously... anyone?? Bale or Silva who should go? Im thinking Silva as he seems to have lost form over the last while and spurs and city both have an even enough run of games over the next while but Spurs miss a gameweek in week 34 (i know its a while away yet but i like to plan ahead, especially as transfers in this week will cost me 8 points!!:eek:)

If you *must* drop one, I would say keep Silva and drop Bale. But it's far from being a simple choice. Having both is advisable.

carlcon wrote: »
    If you *must* drop one, I would say keep Silva and drop Bale. But it's far from being a simple choice. Having both is advisable.

I want to get Rooney in and need the dollers! Have to make sacrifice somewhere and to be fair neither of them have done much in the last couple of weeks, still feel Bale has a few goals left in him tho?? Cant make up my mind at all, might wait till friday to decide!:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I need a keeper to swap with Sorensen, Vorm is my other one.

Both must rotate well with Home and Away fixtures.

Any suggestions?

Mr Moon wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Straight to Begovic? That's what I'm doing when I get the chance.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Any suggestions?

Krul, Friedal, Reina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I know but your point was that its one or the other for a place, when in fact they play diffeent positions.

I actually think Young and Valencia might get a run together. Anyone know how long Nanu nanu is out for?

Valencia's return has real potential to disrupt Young's place in the team tbh. It could only take one poor/average game from Young and it's possibly Nani on the left with Valencia on the right.

Saying that, going by his recent form and with the fixtures coming up, I'd fancy him to stay in the team for at least the next couple of games. Beyond that though, it's hard to predict so he's definitely a risk.

Edit: Fergie said Nani had just bit of bruising, and hasn't traveled to Spain so there's a good chance he'll play at Wolves on Sunday imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

FutureGuy wrote: »

That Wasnt my point but in fairness I didn't put it across very well . Nani has been left out of squad for tomorrow and Fergie has a press conference today at 5 I think might shed some light on his injury then .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

I want to get Rooney in and need the dollers! Have to make sacrifice somewhere and to be fair neither of them have done much in the last couple of weeks, still feel Bale has a few goals left in him tho?? Cant make up my mind at all, might wait till friday to decide!:confused::confused:

I got rid of Silva and kept Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/carlos-tevez-may-return-against-chelsea-confirms-roberto-mancini-7566462.html

Tevez may feature next week against Chelsea. He's very expensive at 11.7, but he's a huge differential to have. Could be worth a gamble in a few games in a home match against weak opposition.

RB100 wrote: »
    I got rid of Silva and kept Bale

Yeah i just pulled the trigger and done the same! Hopefully it dosnt come back to bite me this wknd tho! Any time ive taken a player out they do ridiculously well that wk!

TEAM:
    Vorm/Ruddy (aiming for Ruddy as Swansea have Fulham at home)
    Skrtel, Hangeland, Assou-Ekotto
    McClean, Dempsey, Bale, Sigurdsson
    Rooney, pogrebnyak, Van Persie

I need to get the points in this wknd as iv fallen to 4th after last wknd and just spent 8points for Rooney!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Have 6.2m for a midfield.

Have Sig, would rather not bring in McClean.

Any ideas? Anyone rate Morisson?

PopTarts wrote: »

Chamberlain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

PopTarts wrote: »

Rosicky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ramsey is fit again for Arsenal & Rosicky is hitting form after a poor season.Danny Murphy for Fulham could be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I was looking at bringing in Walcott for Sessegnon so that would be my Arsenal midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lescott fit again for City,Kompany will miss the Europa League game so not sure if he'll be fit for Chelsea game on Monday.

I got Cleverly into my team,reckon he'll get 90 mins vs. Wolves and Scholes will be rested.

Cleverley is an interesting one. Great passer, but not sure how great he is getting about the pitch.

I'm sure we'll know more next season, but I'd have fears that he might suffer from the "Modric Dilemma". Involved in practically every good movement, but not necessarily getting the final pass/shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Drenthe gamble failed again...........would ahve to take a 4pt to get rid of him..

Worth it or not?????

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    Drenthe gamble failed again...........would ahve to take a 4pt to get rid of him..

Worth it or not?????

I'd take a 12 point hit

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    I'd take a 12 point hit

Damn Drenthe should be banned from this forum!!!!

Already have Silva--Bale--Dempsey--Siggy and Damn Drenthe!!!

7.6 to replace him for a HIT or wait till a free next week.........

dahat wrote: »
    manual_man wrote: »
    I'd take a 12 point hit

Damn Drenthe should be banned from this forum!!!!

Already have Silva--Bale--Dempsey--Siggy and Damn Drenthe!!!

7.6 to replace him for a HIT or wait till a free next week.........

Valencia seems the obvious one. Though might be safer to wait til next week (cue a hatrick of assists against Wolves)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've nine million to spend in midfield, one transfer. Currently have Adam, Silva, bale, sess and mcclean. Thinking of shipping Adam for Theo, madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

The United winger situation is a disaster

There's every chance any two from the three will start against Wolves

It's giving me the jitters about Young

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Panthro wrote: »
    I've nine million to spend in midfield, one transfer. Currently have Adam, Silva, bale, sess and mcclean. Thinking of shipping Adam for Theo, madness?

I think it's a decent move.

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    The United winger situation is a disaster

There's every chance any two from the three will start against Wolves

It's giving me the jitters about Young

I think there's every chance any one of the three could be rotated on a given game week, that said I think there's major points to be earned there regardless, having a good first sub could be important should they not play, though there is always the fear they'll come on as a late sub which is a worry. Chance you have to take I guess. Looks like Valencia is going down again tonight (nti changed)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maybe Valencia could be played at RB to accommodate Nani & Young in midfield

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Maybe Valencia could be played at RB to accommodate Nani & Young in midfield

I kinda doubt that, but you never know. I think Fergie will rest and rotate, try and keep everyone fresh and injury free for the run in. He already has Jones and Smalling and Rafael for the RB position anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement