Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wladimir Klitschko VS Jean-Marc Mormeck (3/3/12, Germany)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Why do you people keep criticising Wlad for beating all comers? Its not like he's ducking challengers like fighters in other divisions that are usually worshipped i might add. Mormeck wasn't up to much but **** Klitschko's capable of doing that to every other heavyweight bar his brother.

Criticise the Klits for dominating and eulogise Mayweather for tip toeing through an unbeaten career. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

argosy2006 wrote: »
    The fight we all want to see is brother versus brother !
    When will that happen?????????????????

Never :mad:

Despite Lennox Lewis saying on twitter he would fight his brothers for all the heavyweight titles if he had a heavyweight title.

FFS, they are two heavyweight champions, they will fight as heavyweight champions. If they can't fight each other cos they'll worry they'll get hurt, how can they stay in each other's corner watching each other get hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

so according to Bernd Boente, Haye has jumped the gun in announcing a fight with Vitali

Well if Vitali has a fight anywhere along the lines of what just went on there before fighting Haye its a bloody disgrace.

The Klitschko's should be made fight each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

corny wrote: »
    Why do you people keep criticising Wlad for beating all comers? Its not like he's ducking challengers like fighters in other divisions that are usually worshipped i might add. Mormeck wasn't up to much but **** Klitschko's capable of doing that to every other heavyweight bar his brother.

Criticise the Klits for dominating and eulogise Mayweather for tip toeing through an unbeaten career. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

I agree. The event is the sham, the disgrace. Wlad is just cashing in on the sham. And, yes, he is the best HW fighter on earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why is the HW division so bad lads ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Headshot wrote: »

Cause cruiserweights get title shots because there are no other heavies left to fight.

Boxing is no longer the same sport and no longer generates the same interest for many many men, particularly in America. So, many do not take it up. One only has to look at the drop in class in the Olympics for U.S. boxers. They used to always dominate. This has serioulsy deteriorated recently, and it's not just because the Cubans are here. Money is so big in so many other U.S. sports.

David Price wants two more years to wait. Yes, wait till the bros are in zimmerframes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

I like Price. He seems to have a sensible sort of a head on his shoulders, was honest in the interview saying he isn't ready, would like to see him as a world champ a few years down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,642 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Is this Seth Mitchell chap any good?

walshb wrote: »
    I agree. The event is the sham, the disgrace. Wlad is just cashing in on the sham. And, yes, he is the best HW fighter on earth.

You and i might yawn but 50,000 people didn't think it was a sham. And there are sham fights left, right and centre in boxing but its only fashionable to knock the 'foreigners' in these things. Some of the yanks go ducking from sham to sham and nobody bats an eyelid. Haye was the next big thing to liven up the division and Wlad made that a sham fight too.

My take is the negative press they get is confined to the English speaking world. Thats because they fight in Germany, they're not flashy fighters, they talk like Borat and they're that good in comparison to the competition.

Calling either Klitschko a disgrace is unbe-****ing-leivable btw! They're classy people that boxing is lucky is have.

You and i might yawn but 50,000 people didn't think it was a sham. And there are sham fights left, right and centre in boxing but its only fashionable to knock the 'foreigners' in these things. Some of the yanks go ducking from sham to sham and nobody bats an eyelid. Haye was the next big thing to liven up the division and Wlad made that a sham fight too.

My take is the negative press they get is confined to the English speaking world. Thats because they fight in Germany, they're not flashy fighters, they talk like Borat and they're that good in comparison to the competition.

Calling either Klitschko a disgrace is unbe-****ing-leivable btw! They're classy people that boxing is lucky is have.

Well, me personally never called Wlad a sham. The fight was a sham. No matter what attendance, paid gate etc, Moremeck is nowhere near a credible opponent no matter what spin you put on it. I said this when I heard it was announced as a fight. Nothing at all to do with their nationality, colour or what languages they speak. That fight tonight was a sham the moment it was announced.

So, to be clear, that passing as a credible and fair and proper HW fight is so so far off the mark. Surely you agree with this?

Also to be clear, Wlad is the best HW in the world. Tonight he simply beat a blown up and past it CW fighter. That cannot be denied. Wlad is a legit and very talented HW fighter. The best.

He's not calling the brothers a disgrace, just that event was because it was a total mismatch- yes they've happened before, but when heavyweight boxing is not the draw it was in the past, fights likes these are not what it needs right now. a guy touching 40 , giving away two stone in weight, had no place in the ring with Wlad.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Take Klitschko out of tonights fight and drop in Haye. Would anyone be defending Haye or the fight?

I'm still getting heart palpitations from the fact that Wladimir entered the ring to entertain the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Your asking the wrong question , you should be asking why are the Klitschkos so great?...

If the Klits were not around , and there was thrash talking Americans fighting trash talking Brits , no one would be calling the heavyweight division bad

sxt wrote: »
    Your asking the wrong question , you should be asking why are the Klitschkos so great?...

If the Klits were not around , and there was thrash talking Americans fighting trash talking Brits , no one would be calling the heavyweight division bad

This is what I don't get. Klit's are talented and very good, take them out, now, please point to the talent and depth and great fighters at HW?

I would still be calling the scene poor and weak, with or without the Klits.

This is what I don't get. Klit's are talented and very good, take them out, now, please point to the talent and depth and great fighters at HW?

Exactly. In America you'd have Arreola who bar the last couple of fights has been a very overweight 250/260lbs. Seth Mitchell who has only come in from a football career, (not knocking him though.) and Eddie Chambers.

So many eastern europeans are arriving in packs, and they don't look good, yet are just below the Klitschko's.

Any of the current contenders wouldn't stand a chance against the greats of the past, not a hope. They'd all look like Mormeck did against Wladimir tonight.

So, to be clear, that passing as a credible and fair and proper HW fight is so so far off the mark. Surely you agree with this?

Also to be clear, Wlad is the best HW in the world. Tonight he simply beat a blown up and past it CW fighter. That cannot be denied. Wlad is a legit and very talented HW fighter. The best.

Sorry that last bit wasn't directed at you. Wasn't very clear but it was a general statement on what i've read from other posters.

I do agree but my point is special criticism is reserved for the Klitschkos because most of their fights are what you'd call sham fights due to how one sided they get. Its not their fault they're better than the competition its the competitions fault is all i'm saying.

• Advertisement

Is this Seth Mitchell chap any good?

From what i've seen he looks good, KO'd Ibragimov (sp) in the 2nd round. Ya man wasn't KO'd before.

Sorry that last bit wasn't directed at you. Wasn't very clear but it was a general statement on what i've read from other posters.

I do agree but my point is special criticism is reserved for the Klitschkos because most of their fights are what you'd call sham fights due to how one sided they get. Its not their fault they're better than the competition its the competitions fault is all i'm saying.

I knew you weren't necessarily directing at me, hence why I worded my post as I did. I agree that Wlad getting slated is not the whole story here, but they are still part of the charade that happened tonight. They have beaten all comers thru their careers, and for that, respect. If they can draw that crowd for that kind of fight then best of luck to them.

Listening to Wlad comparing a 40 year old CW to Tyson was pathetic. I know, he has to try and big it up, but that was just weird.

Overall Wlad did what he had to, and looked decent against a punch bag. And, it was a punch bag more so because it was far too past it and far too small. Not because Wlad was extra special.

You wouldn't in my opinion . The Klitschkos would make most fighters from any era look like "bums". The boxers today look weak and poor, because the Klits are so great. They really are great boxers.The media would not be brainwashing people into thinking that the klitschkos are "slow" "boring" and the "heavy weight division is dead" if An American or British boxer were fighting for a world championship belt in las vegas. It just wouldn't happen

Mormeck didn't even throw a punch.

Regards size, it would be OK if he was a natural heavy, but he's a natural cruisy. There is just something that isn't there when you're not a natural heavy IMO, something that adding on muscle just doesn't acquire.

You wouldn't in my opinion . The Klitschkos would make most fighters from any era look like "bums". The boxers today look weak and poor, because the Klits are so great. They really are great boxers.The media would not be brainwashing people into thinking that the klitschkos are "slow" "boring" and the "heavy weight division is dead" if An American or British boxer were fighting for a world championship belt in las vegas. It just wouldn't happen

Because of their advanced technique? :rolleyes:

A prime Ali wouldn't stand a chance because of his poor technique, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Considering if the Klitschkos weren't around David Haye would probably be the universally recognised Heavyweight champion of the World then I think people certainly would regard the era as weak. Afterall Haye isn't exactly the most well liked fighter in the World with the way he conducts himself.
    Although I suppose maybe he would be liked a bit more if he hadn't of been well beaten like he was against Wlad, as people would say he backed up all the thrash talk.

Anyway we got what we expected tonight, Mormeck out of his depth and Wlad finished him off with consummate ease after playing with him for a few rounds.

Wlad doesn't get enough credit for how fast his foot work is for a big man. Haye will probably never admit it, but i bet he was surprised at how fast Wlad was. So just to be clear in calling the bout tonight a disgrace, i'm not denigrating what Wlad and Vitali have achieved, just that that the fight tonight does nothing to alter the perception that heavyweight boxing has a lack of depth. The Brothers would give most fighters from any era a tough fight- that's the point though in the era of a prime Tyson, Lewis, Ali, the fights would have been more competitive. Today in the heavyweight division, the Klitschko's are miles better than everyone else. A blown up cruiserweight, pushing 40, probably wouldn't have got a look in back in the 80s

Because of their advanced technique? :rolleyes:

A prime Ali wouldn't stand a chance because of his poor technique, eh?

I never mentioned Ali or Foreman or Frazier or Tyson or any of the greats. Apart from the greats ,The Klits would make their opponents look like a "bum"

Big Ears wrote: »
    Considering if the Klitschkos weren't around David Haye would probably be the universally recognised Heavyweight champion of the World then I think people certainly would regard the era as weak. Afterall Haye isn't exactly the most well liked fighter in the World with the way he conducts himself.

How do you figure that when Haye has just fought joke fighters at heavyweight? Bar Wlad of course.

• Advertisement

So great that Corrie Sanders and Lamont Brewster wiped one of them with relative ease?

One could say that the moment a decent sized heavy landed clean, one of them was pretty average.

And, Sanders and Brewster wouldn't be contenders in other eras. Not good or great ones anyway.

Advertisement