Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Anyone order a phone from amazon.de? What are the prices delivery to Dublin, Ireland and also VAT? It's €584 sim-free on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

chrislad wrote: »
    There will be phones you can get for free like the Galaxy Ace Plus or HTC One V but you will not get a Galaxy S 3 for free. Bear in mind that you give Meteor about 420e a year for all your calls/texts/internet etc, they are hardly going to give you a phone worth 600 for free!

I do understand that a bit but why would I 'downgrade' my GS2 for a Galaxy Ace Plus etc. where my GS2 is still better at least I think. But as I said that's maybe how this all works at least when they say it's E290 I can just say 'No, thank you' and it makes the decision pretty easy to cancel the contract. Will just go with pay-as-you go where I probably spend E20/month less for my Usage. Pretty sure there will be a GS4 next May/June or so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

leemaree wrote: »
    Anyone order a phone from amazon.de? What are the prices delivery to Dublin, Ireland and also VAT? It's €584 sim-free on the website

I ordered a white one on May 20th and shipping costs €30 I think... Can't remember exactly.

But got email today saying its delayed for another 2-4 weeks from them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

So has anyone seen the blue and white in person. I am about to order and dont know which colour to get?

I ordered a white one on May 20th and shipping costs €30 I think... Can't remember exactly.

But got email today saying its delayed for another 2-4 weeks from them :(

Thats dear delivery :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

rh5555 wrote: »
    I do understand that a bit but why would I 'downgrade' my GS2 for a Galaxy Ace Plus etc. where my GS2 is still better at least I think. But as I said that's maybe how this all works at least when they say it's E290 I can just say 'No, thank you' and it makes the decision pretty easy to cancel the contract. Will just go with pay-as-you go where I probably spend E20/month less for my Usage. Pretty sure there will be a GS4 next May/June or so :)

Galaxy S 2 is worth 200quid as a trade in so you would get the Galaxy S 3 for 100 or so in a Meteor store. Lot more palatable. No-one said you should downgrade but you can't expect to get top of the range phones for free unless you have a massive spend - there are plenty of free phones but if you want top of the range, you will have to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone having the same problems as me? I switched my SD card over from my Sensation but the Apps2SD app will not let me transfer any apps over to the card. The app has a list of moveable apps in the first section of the app as usual but then when I click on "on SD Card" it just says "The device does not have a real primary external storage, or the primary external storage is emulated. Moving app to SD function may not be supported on this device"

I tried formatting the card on my computer and while in the S3.

Any ideas much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

chrislad wrote: »
    Galaxy S 2 is worth 200quid as a trade in so you would get the Galaxy S 3 for 100 or so in a Meteor store. Lot more palatable. No-one said you should downgrade but you can't expect to get top of the range phones for free unless you have a massive spend - there are plenty of free phones but if you want top of the range, you will have to pay!

Thanks, that's actually an option. Didn't see any trade-in options on the Meteor site (unlike CPW who has E175 trade-in for the S2) but I will certainly ask if they do it. E100 for the S3 wouldn't be at at all in that case.

Will give it a few weeks anyways. Often issues with new phones don't materialize until a large amount of ppl start using it.

Thanks again. Good suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Why not just sell your s2 on adverts or donedeal? Assuming it isnt in poor condition, you should get €250 for it on a quick sale if you're near Dublin at all

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭monster1

I think I prefer my galaxy note, the gs3 seems too small now, damn it

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Had a play with a white S3 today and while it's nice and fast and all it's VERY plastic, I just couldn't get used to it. It's a magnet for fingerprints.

Was looking at a white one X also and imo its quite a bit better, but the black one X was the nicest.

Would love to see the blue one in the flesh though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

comes to €617 in total when you get to pay.

Amazingly it's only €569 in carphone warehouse here most probably locked but sure u can get it unlocked for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

jonnny68 wrote: »

Amazingly it's only €569 in carphone warehouse here most probably locked but sure u can get it unlocked for free.

how can it be unlocked for free?

jonnny68 wrote: »

how would i get it unlocked for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Honestly I don't know too much about how upgrades on billplan works etc. I am on the Meteor 12months E35 billplan which is over in 5 days. Am I correct in the assumption that when my plan expires and I am interested in the GSIII it would cost me E290? I keep hearing ppl getting free upgrades etc. for phones when their contract expires (It's my first time on bill pay). Doesn't sound that good considering the pay-as-you go deals available nowadays from 3, emobile etc. Was only considering to stay on Billpay for a discounted/free GS3 but if it costs E290 anyways (like the 18months contract which is cheaper on a monthly basis however) and you still pay E35/month not sure if its that great of a deal in that case but other people may differ.

Then dont buy it, if you do the sums as some people already have in this thread it works out quite well.

I wont be paying 35 a month I will be paying 30 a month 5 euro more then the 18monthers but I dont want a fecken 18month contract. Pay as you go is CHEAPEST of 529... with no minutes or texts or data...

Sure you can get the phone for free if you dont mind signing up to a 24 month contract etc... or are on some top level tarrif. Meteor is the best deal on the market for me.

Emobile is the next closest

then Three but their tarrifs are way off the mark for me and they are really making it awkward for people to sign up for less then 24month deals which i plain will not do... ever.

O2 and Vodafone are their usual rip off merchants for low usage customers like me...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

how would i get it unlocked for free?

Didn't we go through this with the SGS2? :D

Thanks, that's actually an option. Didn't see any trade-in options on the Meteor site (unlike CPW who has E175 trade-in for the S2) but I will certainly ask if they do it. E100 for the S3 wouldn't be at at all in that case.

Will give it a few weeks anyways. Often issues with new phones don't materialize until a large amount of ppl start using it.

Thanks again. Good suggestion.

I sold my GS2 on ebay for 270 euro so I am paying 20euro for the new phone... you could also use

http://www.greenyourgoods.ie/product.cgi?submit=sale&model=Galaxy%20i9100%20S%20II%20&type=3&searchname=Samsung%20Galaxy%20i9100%20S%20II%20&identifier=0

Giving 256euro for the GS2 with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I was messing around with my GF's S3 last night and I have to say I'm already sick of Touchwiz. Why can't Samsung just put ICS on there and leave it alone?!

I think I'll only have it a few days before I look into rooting and romming!

I was messing around with my GF's S3 last night and I have to say I'm already sick of Touchwiz. Why can't Samsung just put ICS on there and leave it alone?!

I think I'll only have it a few days before I look into rooting and romming!

Because stock ICS or Stock anything is limited in functionality, you do not have to use touchwiz, just install any other launcher off the market, I would suggest Apex Launcher. No rooting or anything needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

All very quiet on the reviews so far.
    Come on who ever got one, spill the beans, is it worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

omega666 wrote: »

It must be too amazing to pull away from me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

anyone know any vodafone shops that have them in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

omega666 wrote: »

It's massively quick, camera is very good, screen is excellent and the battery stood up admirably yesterday. Build quality feels good too.

I really hope this is the limit that manufacturers use for screen size though, any bigger would be utterly ridiculous.

It's massively quick, camera is very good, screen is excellent and the battery stood up admirably yesterday. Build quality feels good too.

I really hope this is the limit that manufacturers use for screen size though, any bigger would be utterly ridiculous.

Totally agree with everything above and also just to add I've been really impressed with the stock browser. It is actually the best browser I've used on a phone. Absolutely loving the phone so far, if only work would stop getting in the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Stupid question, but is this out today or tomorrow? Have the people who got them ordered online?

humanji wrote: »
    Stupid question, but is this out today or tomorrow? Have the people who got them ordered online?

I pre-ordered mine with 3 on-line so got it yesterday. Think if you are buying it in-store they aren't released till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

is it locked?
    s_carnage wrote: »
    I pre-ordered mine with 3 on-line so got it yesterday. Think if you are buying it in-store they aren't released till tomorrow.

elderlemon wrote: »
    is it locked?

Haven't checked but I assume it is. Its branded to Three anyways as it has the Three splash screen at start-up and a few Three apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Almost certainly is so, thats disappointing, then again if any network was gonna lock them, it was gonna be Three. The other networks who are struggling to get stock will ahrdly be spending the time to lock them, delaying them, surely..

• Advertisement

I beginning to realise I wont be getting one for tomorrow it seems...

Advertisement