Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show 3rd March 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Up Cork!!!!

Up Down.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

God, I would love some Oreos! That ad is too cute! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

jos28 wrote: »
    Post of the night !

I certainly have to agree.. :pac:

Anybody watching Bob? Good sound in the studio to be fair.. though he can be a bit of a mopey oul b0ll0x, could be like a Tubridy interview.. anybody??? :(

I'm going back to watching cloudstreet, anyone watching it? I have two episodes to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

twirlagig wrote: »
    God, I would love some Oreos! That ad is too cute! :)

Too annoying you surely mean :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Great stuff

Anybody watching Bob? Good sound in the studio to be fair.. though he can be a bit of a mopey oul b0ll0x, could be like a Tubridy interview.. anybody??? :(

It was good Johnny, up their as one of your best yet:p

Have Bob on but not watching it, seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,669 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

'Fantastic Voyage' on Sky Classics

Mmmm...Raquel

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I saw this interview during the summer and I think it was pretty good from what I remember. It is only recently that I've really started to appreciate Gaybo's interview style. The man has a great way of getting people to relax and open up.

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    It is only recently that I've really started to appreciate Gaybo's interview style. The man has a great way of getting people to relax and open up.

A lot of people won't appreciate how much of a genius Gaybo is until he's gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Gaybo seems to want to bring out the best in people rather than getting a scoop, maybe that's why people relax around him so much.

I saw this interview during the summer and I think it was pretty good from what I remember. It is only recently that I've really started to appreciate Gaybo's interview style. The man has a great way of getting people to relax and open up.

Have to agree with that, Gay is good, tubs could learn a lot if he watched gay.

One of my earliest memories as a child was sitting at the breakfast table on Monday mornings and my mother singing "I don't like Mondays" to my siblings and I before we went to school :D We used to think it was great craic but I realised when I got older it is quite a dark song :(

One of my earliest memories as a child was sitting at the breakfast table on Monday mornings and my mother singing "I don't like Mondays" to my siblings and I before we went to school :D We used to think it was great craic but I realised when I got older it is quite a dark song :(

That's funny! :D:D

hondasam wrote: »
    Have to agree with that, Gay is good, tubs could learn a lot if he watched gay.

Gay gets a lot of slagging about being smug and all the rest.... But I think in this series and his One On One series, he shows that he's just a class act... Every question is interesting, genuine rapport with the guests, some of it was real "edge of the seat" stuff... I thought his interview with Andrea Corr a few weeks ago was particularly good. And the Martin Sheen interview.. Just great interviewing by a real pro..

RTE should capitalize on the economic situation, and coerce either Gay Byrne or Mike Murphy (who both need the money) to take over The Late Late Show.

That's funny! :D:D
    I should be in counselling :o:D

Surely some whizzkid editor in RTE could have cut out that quiz question?? It's ridiculous.

Gay gets a lot of slagging about being smug and all the rest.... But I think in this series and his One On One series, he shows that he's just a class act... Every question is interesting, genuine rapport with the guests, some of it was real "edge of the seat" stuff... I thought his interview with Andrea Corr a few weeks ago was particularly good. And the Martin Sheen interview.. Just great interviewing by a real pro..

RTE should capitalize on the economic situation, and coerce either Gay Byrne or Mike Murphy (who both need the money) to take over The Late Late Show.
    Gaybo wasn't/isn't perfect, he had his favourites down through the years - Sinead O'Connor, Mary Coughlan etc. It was also obvious when he didn't like people - Gerry Adams, Annie Murphy etc. However, when you look back at his career, you would be struggling to find fault with his work.

Gaybo - Sorry to correct you :o it is the Tulla Ceili Band not the Tullow Ceili Band ;)

• Advertisement

I'd be dazzled if Pearse wrote that for me :D

I'd be dazzled if Pearse wrote that for me :D

He's waiting for Aengus to send him the ink! ;):D

He's waiting for Aengus to send him the ink! ;):D
    I really hate all these cutbacks :mad:

Another good interview, did I miss the "dont like Mondays song".. ?

He didn't sing it!

He didn't sing it!

How stereotypically obstinate..

What is on the telly box now???

What is on the telly box now???

Pretty boy Craig Doyle (repeat) is on RTE TWO if you want to see the most bizarre moment of TV of 2012.... Doyle lifting that odd Johnny guy from X Factor..

He didn't sing it!

Just like when Paul Brady didn't sing The Island. Sometimes I think they go out of their way not to sing their most popular songs. :mad:

• Advertisement

Just like when Paul Brady didn't sing The Island. Sometimes I think they go out of their way not to sing their most popular songs. :mad:
    Christy didn't sing the Voyage either :(. I was fierce disappointed over the Island though, I adore that song.

I hope Gaybo starts filming a second series really soon.

Advertisement