Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abu Dhabi

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Well done Brian, Izoard and LCD! There was a fair amount of interest in this race! Twas great tracking it. Its a race i might look into some day. Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Brian McCrystal
    Bambaata wrote: »
    Well done Brian, Izoard and LCD! There was a fair amount of interest in this race! Twas great tracking it. Its a race i might look into some day. Sounds great!

Short or long is the question...??

I'm thinking of heading back in 12 months, prob still be short course though depending!
    See how this season goes then decide.

I wouldnt go that distance for short. Deffo long course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭LCD

BMC next time am out running around Blackrock I'll plant a tree in your garden as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Fazz wrote: »
    Split|Rasmus Henning|Chris Lieto|Bryan McCrystal|Liam Dolan|Owen Martin|Matt Molloy|
    Swim|36:31|40:01|49:32|51:28|48:23|40:47|
    T1|03:10|02:51|02:57|03:27|05:18|03:48|
    Bike|4:34:09|4:31:04|4:50:22|4:57:16|5:14:32|-|
    T2|01:43|01:53|02:05|03:23|03:00|-|
    Run|1:06:12|1:31:07|1:15:04|1:14:48|1:15:44|-|
    Total|6:21:44|6:46:56|6:59:58|7:10:22|7:26:56|-|
    Overall|1st|14th|16th|1st AG 30-34, 3rd OA AG|3rd AG, 10th OA AG|DNF|

http://www.triathlonireland.com/index.php?id=107&nid=663

Did TI rob your table? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Any Garmin files of the bike? Interested to see what the course was like.

My race report is up on Cyclesuperstore FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Izoard
    LCD wrote: »

I really hate when companies assume that people will visit and read their FB pages........ Whats wrong with their wesbite?

Good read Liam. Well done again!

Is on Cyclesuperstore website as well.

• Advertisement

Izoard

Then I best go and read it then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Good read. Enjoyed that. Well done lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Notwitch

Nice to see a bit of coverage of last years Wisconsin race also. Are you going to change the user name to DCL?!

http://ironman.com/events/ironman/worldchampionship/shawn-skene-profiles-three-men-who-earned-starting-births-for-kona-in-2012?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ironman%2Ftopstories+%28Ironman.com+Top+Stories%29#axzz1oKPFS3c7

Well done on the race. A good read as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I see according to Matt Molloy it seems that the bike was well short of the advertised (closer to 188k than 200k). That seems a bit sloppy by the organisers. Or perhaps attempting to create the belief that the competitors were quicker than they actually were?
    Were the swim and run short too?

Tri Athlone had similar inaccuracies in 2011. The 40k bike was well short at 36.7km but 10k run was long at 10.5km. What annoyed me most was in the results the avg pace calculated for each of the disciplines was done as if both distances were spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Abhainn wrote: »
    I see according to Matt Molloy it seems that the bike was well short of the advertised (closer to 188k than 200k). That seems a bit sloppy by the organisers. Or perhaps attempting to create the belief that the competitors were quicker than they actually were?
    Were the swim and run short too?

Tri Athlone had similar inaccuracies in 2011. The 40k bike was well short at 36.7km but 10k run was long at 10.5km. What annoyed me most was in the results the avg pace calculated for each of the disciplines was done as if both distances were spot on.

Damn you, Abhainn!:)

I had the bike at 190km and run at 19km.

No excuse for either, particularly on the run, where they introduced some crazy extra out-and-backs, to "make up" the distance.
    On the bike, they could easily have sent us on a double loop at the F1 track...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Izoard wrote: »
    Damn you, Abhainn!:)

I had the bike at 190km and run at 19km.

No excuse for either, particularly on the run, where they introduced some crazy extra out-and-backs, to "make up" the distance.
    On the bike, they could easily have sent us on a double loop at the F1 track...

Look Izoard I'll say nothing to anyone:)
    Rasmus Henning's run of 1:06 looked a bit too hot. But still fine running

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Brian McCrystal
    +1 Hate when the advertised distance is short, especially if you feel you had a good race in terms of splits. Inexcusable at that level of event though. Who do they think they are fooling?

Had the opposite at the weekend an advertised 14k hill run turned into an 18k hill run and I and others only found out at the 7k mark :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

This happens a lot in races. In Frankfurt in 2010 the bike was 185k due to roadworks...in IM austria i believe the run is short by 1km. Happens a lot in irish races too. Swim in lough neagh last year was short. Run in Caroline Kearney is short of 10k.

Izoard
    This happens a lot in races. In Frankfurt in 2010 the bike was 185k due to roadworks...in IM austria i believe the run is short by 1km. Happens a lot in irish races too. Swim in lough neagh last year was short. Run in Caroline Kearney is short of 10k.

Austria is getter shorter year on year.........

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

tunney wrote: »
    Austria is getter shorter year on year.........

Suits me :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement