Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya word going around of a friendly but let's wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I know what its about and really want to tell...But unfortunately I can:(

come on man spill it. This is a case of I know something you dont know. Come on we're all friends here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Insider info by PM only, please!

go on then I beg please for the insider info via pm

In fairness lads I'd let Limerick announce it tomorrow whatever it is. They want to have a press conference and do it the right way so if everyone was to know before it it would make the conference pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Iang87 wrote: »
    go on then I beg please for the insider info via pm
    Jofspring wrote: »
    In fairness lads I'd let Limerick announce it tomorrow whatever it is. They want to have a press conference and do it the right way so if everyone was to know before it it would make the conference pointless.
    Insider info by PM only, please!

Can't be spilling the beans, I've been trusted with the information and enjoy having the inside track so aint going to betray the trust that has been bestowed on me
    come on man spill it. This is a case of I know something you dont know. Come on we're all friends here

Hear hear

ya i think limerick post guy ruined it on twitter possibly. Hopefully a giant friendly that draws 20,000 so the honest 500-800 can reap the rewards of their money next year in the premier division

ya i think limerick post guy ruined it on twitter possibly. Hopefully a giant friendly that draws 20,000 so the honest 500-800 can reap the rewards of their money next year in the premier division

What did he actually say?

You could be right. Would have preferred if he just kept it quiet.

Note: I don't have a clue if what he said is true or a rumour he made up.

he said rumours flying that Man City will be playing Limerick at Thomond park soon. More details tomorrow.

Now that the story is on twitter we can safely assume we are in fact buying dundalk to guarantee promotion

• Advertisement

he said rumours flying that Man City will be playing Limerick at Thomond park soon. More details tomorrow.

Now that the story is on twitter we can safely assume we are in fact buying dundalk to guarantee promotion

What was your man's name?

Donn O Sullivan or @donnosullivan

I think hes the sports editor of the post

What was your man's name?

Donn O Sullivan from the Limerick Post.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Donn O Sullivan from the Limerick Post.

Very interesting...he should really stick to his job instead of making speculations & predictions

if it is true and your man tweeted it then he's an awful fúcker given that Limerick rarely get to announce big news that most people will be delighted about.

I know I wanted to be told too but the most damage i'd have done would have been to tell some of the lads not like 1500 people on twitter

anyway on an unrelated note i think i'm headin mervue tomorrow how handy is it to get there driving

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

That clown has us playing Mervue in Terryland Park tomorrow (its on in Mervues own pitch btw) according to his token effort of a 'report' in this weeks Post. Also has a pic of a Galway Utd fan with a flag above the report. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    That clown has us playing Mervue in Terryland Park tomorrow (its on in Mervues own pitch btw) according to his token effort of a 'report' in this weeks Post. Also has a pic of a Galway Utd fan with a flag above the report. :pac::pac::pac:

Good old Don, he'd need a map to find his way to jackman. He's one clueless reporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

LIMERICK FC TO ANNOUNCE BIG FRIENDLY

13 July 2012

It's a busy day for Limerick FC on and off the field.
    At 12 noon thay have called an official press conference at Thomond Park to announce a glamour friendly against a top English Premier league club. On the field they head to Mervue United in the Airtricity First Division. Pat Scully will be without suspended midfielders Stephen Bradley and Steven McGann for tonights game. Pat Scullys side lie two points behind leaders Longford Town who travel to meet Wexford Youths.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/limerick-fc-to-announce-big-friendly/532d2de1-165a-44ae-85cb-8c94756a328d

Lets hope for a great result this evening.

Regarding the friendly, fingers crossed that the FAI don't try and stop or mess it up, as it could provide vital funds for the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Limerick FC v Man City confirmed August 5th 7pm Thomond Park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Two days after the Longford match, that could be quite a weekend..

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Reaganomical

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Two days after the Longford match, that could be quite a weekend..

...and the night before the EA Cup semifinal against shamrock rovers :rolleyes:

We'll have our under 19's out against them with one or two senior players

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jakelamotta

Longford, City and then Rovers in 4 days. Some juggling act ahead for Pat Scully!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Pat O'S on RTE 1 now re Man city game.

Wonder will presenter mention FAI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

europa11 wrote: »
    Wonder will presenter mention FAI ?

According to RTE Limerick have a legally binding agreement to allow friendlies for the next 10 years.

Ya they got that agreement when they brought the FAI to court.

This match wouldn't have been possible if the FAI hadn't stopped that tournament a few weeks ago. At least now some money is going back into Irish football and it is fantastic exposure for Limerick FC. The game is to be televised on ESPN but that is to be confirmed. It was mentioned also that all finds raise will be pumped straight back into community projects that the club is running which is fantastic to see.

It's great to see limerick bringing their star studded line up to face those English minnows Man City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Got my tickets - looking forward to this. Pity though that you'll get about 20,000 - 30,000 to see this game when 500 people barely find their way to Jackman Park.

Great for Limerick FC but more important we keep pushing for promotion, hopefully by winning the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Ruginator

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Got my tickets - looking forward to this. Pity though that you'll get about 20,000 - 30,000 to see this game when 500 people barely find their way to Jackman Park.

Great for Limerick FC but more important we keep pushing for promotion, hopefully by winning the league.

For anyone thay has actually bothered to check Man City's first team fixtures you will see that City's first team play Wolfsberg Away on August 4th, their next fixture is Chelsea on August 12th. No mention of a game v Limerick on August 5th, impossible to think they will play a first team on the Saturday night in Germany and all play again the following day. At least Cork City have promoted their game v Man Utd XI as such a game and not come out with claims of getting a full first team squad that won't materialise. http://www.mcfc.co.uk/fixtures/first-team

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement