Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Read a good point on foot.ie about all the kids getting autographs from the pool players(most of wish will end up in lower league football in England), while two former Irish international's were on the grass bank:D

Who was on the grass bank presuming it was Dominic Foley and ???
    I was actually suprised not to see any of the Limerick lads stay behind cause of they were there I know my young lad would have asked for autograph or a pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

campo wrote: »
    I was actually suprised not to see any of the Limerick lads stay behind cause of they were there I know my young lad would have asked for autograph or a pic

Joe Gamble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

What kind of clowns would go up to Jackman and cheer on a Liverpool team playing Limerick. A Liverpool team that even the most die-hard 'Pool supporters would'nt have the faintest idea who any of them were. its mind-boggling really and rather sad that these people can count themselves as sportsmen/women. Probably the same people that would sit in front of a 50" screen on a Sunday watching Wigan play West Brom rather get off their butts and support a local league game.:mad:

washman3 wrote: »
    What kind of clowns would go up to Jackman and cheer on a Liverpool team playing Limerick. A Liverpool team that even the most die-hard 'Pool supporters would'nt have the faintest idea who any of them were. its mind-boggling really and rather sad that these people can count themselves as sportsmen/women. Probably the same people that would sit in front of a 50" screen on a Sunday watching Wigan play West Brom rather get off their butts and support a local league game.:mad:

I did not cheer for eitheir team last night but I am a die hard liverpool fan and I know who everyone of those players were as I watch reserves on LFCTV.

But only reason I did not cheer is because it was a friendly but by some miracle if Liverpool ever drew Limerick in europa league then I would be cheering for Liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

point taken. at least you did a sensible thing last night,not cheering at a friendly. can a ask are you a Jackman Pk regular or attend local league games.

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »
    point taken. at least you did a sensible thing last night,not cheering at a friendly. can a ask are you a Jackman Pk regular or attend local league games.

Im not a regular but that has more to do with work commitments then anything else but when I am free on a Friday evening I would drop down I feel it is important to support my local club and every summer I sign my young lad up for their summer camps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Dominic Foley and Joe Gamble.

In fairness all the young lads went out and swarmed the Liverpool players so the Limerick players strolled off. A lot of the Liverpool players were actually walking off the pitch but were so swarmed they stayed on the field. I'd say they weren't even used to that kind of attention. The Limerick players i'd say would have been delighted to sign autographs for kids. If your at another game just ask one of the lads for a pic or that. They seem to be very obliging anytime I've seen young kids ask them.

Back to the important stuff.

Limerick vs Athlone, Friday 18th, 7:45 Jackman Park.

Longford are playing SD Galway and I expect them to get maximum points and a bag full of goals. SD last friday were the worst LOI team I have seen. We were poor and still managed to hit them for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I'll be heading up again and hoping for something similar to the away performances which I havent seen any of rather than the home performances I have. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

some miracle if Liverpool ever drew Limerick in europa league

It could happen in the next 3/4 years if Limerick people supported their own along with their barstool team of choice. Shamrock Rovers were playing Spurs in this years Europa league, its not so long ago they were in the 1st Div.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Jofspring wrote: »
    Back to the important stuff.

Limerick vs Athlone, Friday 18th, 7:45 Jackman Park.

Longford are playing SD Galway and I expect them to get maximum points and a bag full of goals. SD last friday were the worst LOI team I have seen. We were poor and still managed to hit them for 5.

Could be a tricky one, if Scully goes one up front again at home i think we could be in for a long night.

We'll win tomorrow night, it will be a horrible 1-0 and we'll do our best to draw it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Gallee

busyliving wrote: »
    I'm really hoping for a sunny day...

I think there will be a serious crowd at it...I think everyone should try and bring a friend, it could be the start of our title run:D

Good point. We should really all make an effort to go there more often and bring a friend. Could be worse ways to spend a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

result was a 2:1 win, both goals scored by Rory Gaffney, and the second goal was a real cracker, nicest one Ive seen in Jackman Park in a long time!

banjobongo wrote: »
    result was a 2:1 win, both goals scored by Rory Gaffney, and the second goal was a real cracker, nicest one Ive seen in Jackman Park in a long time!

Just back from the game myself, we were poor if I'm being honest.

We looked very poor in midfield at times, for example their goal was just a joke, too many mistakes.

Barry Sheedy from the start really...he was very ordinary at the best.

The only good things to take out of the game was Rory's performance up top(in his natural position) and the first half performance of Dave Ryan...we're not looking for a repeat of his second half one, nearly dropped the ball into his own net...twice

Behan wasn't great tonight either...

Now its top to look forward to tomorrow's day of sport and forget about that horribly nervy football experience that was tonight

Missed it tonight but sounds like it was the usual scrappy game.

Next weeks a big one to look forward to.

FAI Cup:

Friday 25th:

Shamrock Rovers vs Limerick FC, Tallaght Stadium, 8:00pm.

On the road we perform much better so hopefully we can put a good show in next Friday and kick on from there. I expect us to have a large enough travelling support and a decent crowd out from shams. They usually get 3,000-4,000 out for games so anything near 2,500 will be a nice gate for limerick to split with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭SupraSonic_26

how did longford do,if this scraping games keeps going on much longer it will catch up with us by the sounds of the way were playing against weaker teams.

how did longford do,if this scraping games keeps going on much longer it will catch up with us by the sounds of the way were playing against weaker teams.

They won 1-0 against SD Galway...

They won 1-0 against SD Galway...

and according to the Longford fans they were brutal and just about got away with the win.

Official supporters club bus to shamrock rovers (tallaght stadium) leaving Arthur's quay park @ 3.45pm this Friday. Adults e15, children accompanied by parent e8. Members only, membership taken on the day. Please book your place before midday Wednesday.

PM me for further details.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to this one, think we can get a draw at least, all the pressure will be on rovers. I'll go 1-1 with Limerick to win the replay here next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Shamrock Rovers 1 - 0 Limerick in the FAI Cup.

Sounds like we were denied a pretty clear penalty. Padraic Quinn red-carded late on too.

Anthony Buttimer destroyed last nights game.

At 0-0 we had a clear as day penalty turned down which Buttimer was 5 yards from. In the last minute we had another penalty turned down which he was also only a few yards away from. There was no way he was upsetting the cart though.

Proud performance from us. We had a 19 year old up front, our midfield consisted of a 17 year old, 18 year old and 19 year old. We were missing 6 key players and still gave a good account against the current LOI champions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 j3r0me

Interviews from Friday night here...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/interviewLOI?feature=watch

Any interest in the Longford game ? not much talk on here about it. Can't afford to lose this one, the last thing we need is a seven point gap.

Our Brian wrote: »
    Any interest in the Longford game ? not much talk on here about it. Can't afford to lose this one, the last thing we need is a seven point gap.

Believe there will be the usual supporters club heading up to it

The usual few will head up alright. It's a massive game if we don't want Longford pulling away. Neither of us have been setting the league alight to be honest but if we put in a similar performance to the one in Tallaght I've no doubts we'll win. If Scully sets us out extra negative we will lose. We always do better away from home though which will keep me optimistic.

Still without Gamble, Sheehan, Foley and Derek O Brien as far as I know.

Any interest in the Longford game ? not much talk on here about it. .

Well iv stopped advertising Official SC buses on here cause theres no interest round these parts. :)

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Well iv stopped advertising Official SC buses on here cause theres no interest round these parts. :)

That's a pity they deserve more support, second in the league with a good chance of winning it, what more do people want.

• Advertisement

That's a pity they deserve more support, second in the league with a good chance of winning it, what more do people want.

What I mean is theres no point in advertising on these pages. Official SC overall has really taken off in the few months its been around. Support for it has been fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement