Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Limerick FC Official Supporters' Bus to Mervue, Friday March 16th leaving Arthurs Quay Park @ 4.30pm sharp. Adults E15, Child E10 (with a parent). Reply by Wednesday Midday. Members Only - New Members Welcome - Forms Available on the day. We would ask our members to only book a seat if they are sure they are going. Thanks

If anyone is looking to go on here please PM me. Ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

How's the bus looking soulcrew?

I know a few more cars that are going up that didn't go to Waterford so hopefully that means we could be bringing even more than last Friday. Handy trip up to Galway.

Anyone any predictions for Friday?

I'll go for 1-0 to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Jofspring wrote: »

I know a few more cars that are going up that didn't go to Waterford so hopefully that means we could be bringing even more than last Friday. Handy trip up to Galway.

Anyone any predictions for Friday?

I'll go for 1-0 to us.

Limerick to win 2-1...I hope

Theres still a few seats left as I type if anyones interested.

Mervue 1-3 Limerick :P

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

If we go up will we be playing in Jackman next year. Would be great to be located near the bus station if we were to be playing several Dublin sides? Is MF a definate?

• Advertisement

If we go up will we be playing in Jackman next year. Would be great to be located near the bus station if we were to be playing several Dublin sides? Is MF a definate?

Jackman wont get a prem licence, its up to the LEDP and Mr McManus as to how quick the Markets Field is developed. Thomond Park would have to be considered if all came to all. (no need of course to open it all up, just a small bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick beat Mervue 2-1 tonight in Galway. We took the lead through a lovely Gamble volley, they equalised from a penalty midway through the second half, but Shane Treacy scored a penalty for us about 10 minutes later.

It was one of the worst games of football I've ever seen.

Limerick 3rd in the table but there are only 3 games gone.

Poor scrappy game, heavy pitch (iv seen worse though) cold and no stand so viewing angles all at pitch level.

Other than that Mervue away is FANTASTIC! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

A win is a win, hopefully another one now next week and happy days

Fermoy 0 -1 Limerick FC (Purcell)

Time to get the suits ready for the final. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Fermoy 0 -1 Limerick FC (Purcell)

Time to get the suits ready for the final. :)

Cork v Waterford in the other semi.
    Any idea where and when the final will be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Home to SD Galway friday night, any interest in this one.. I'll go 3-0 to the blues.

Cork beat Waterford 1-0 last night so it's limerick vs Cork final and no clue where or when it will be on.

SD Galway will be better than last season but I still expect maximum points from us in this one.

2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭busyliving

Cork beat Waterford 1-0 last night so it's limerick vs Cork final and no clue where or when it will be on.

SD Galway will be better than last season but I still expect maximum points from us in this one.

2-0

Lads, ye are dreaming if ye think we'll keep a clean sheet...

Been to all league games this season, and in defence we are way too edgy when the opposition have the ball and Barry Ryan in goal always has a mistake in him

...I'm going for a 3-1 win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 boca999

Lets hope a good start to the season.. we lacked fitness i thought in the last game

Limerick FC v SD Galway. This Friday 7.45pm Jackman Park. Match sponsored by Leddins Bar Hartstonge St. Match will be shown in Leddins Bar after the game. All welcome to attend.

Good win, played some nice football. Roll on Athlone next Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick 3 - 0 SD Galway

(Gaffney, Tracy pen, Foley).

Easy win by the sounds of things, with Limerick playing some nice football for a change.
    We are, however briefly, top of the table. Longford and Waterford play tonight with a point enough to put Longford back on top.

Next game: Fri, March 30th, away to Athlone Town (Currently joint top with us).

Next home game: Fri, April 6th, versus Longford Town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Good performance alright. Had the lions share of possession and could easily have scored another 2 or 3. Gaffney got man of the match but thought Dom Foley had an excellent game up front.

Could and should have been 5/6-0. Salthill never gave up in fairness to them but we were all over them at time. Great to see Gary Sheehan bombing up the wings in the 2nd half once again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

enjoyed the game the other night. 50/50 till Limerick got the goal, never really looked back after that.

SD galway looked so clueless in the final third there was never a worry, their poor right winger seemed unsettled by the fans for the most part as for that striker they have. he may aswell have stayed home all he did was moan and complain to the ref, linesman, christ anyone that would listen to him really.

I wont be up in athlone friday work has dictated that I must stay there till 6 which ruins that so will be watching facebook for updates.

Come on the superblues

Iang87 wrote: »
    I wont be up in athlone friday work has dictated that I must stay there till 6 which ruins that so will be watching facebook for updates.

You'll make Athlone in an hour and a half! :)

Limerick FC Official Supporters' Club Bus to Athlone, Friday March 30th.

Leaving Arthurs Quay Park at 4pm Sharp.

Adults €15, Children accompanied by a parent €8. Members Only - Membership forms available on the day.

Names to be in by Wednesday Midday!!!

Is there many going up ? Three points a must i'd say, with Longford here on good Friday we can't afford too many more slip ups.

This match last year had very good support from us. I'd say 100 going up anyway if not a few more. A good few Limerick lads playing with Athlone also so should make it a tasty affair. Mike Kerely likes his teams to play football and hopefully we continue as we left off against SD Galway. UCD and Drogheda both showed last night that if you keep the ball down and play football against most teams in the First division you will do very well.

Limerick FC V Cork

Mon/Tues 9th/10th April

Our Brian wrote: »
    Is there many going up ? Three points a must i'd say, with Longford here on good Friday we can't afford too many more slip ups.

Ya theres a nice crowd going, Athlone is one of the better trips this year. Hand trip under 2 hours on the bus, pints and Supermacs on the way in Ferbane and a decent ground to watch a match in.

All we're missing is the weather......fingers crossed :)

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Limerick FC V Cork

Mon/Tues 9th/10th April

Think the Monday is the bank holiday so hopefully it's on that day and we might get a good crowd up. Especially if this weather keeps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Any word on when and where the Munster Senior Cup Final will be on?

• Advertisement

DBIreland wrote: »
    Any word on when and where the Munster Senior Cup Final will be on?

Official Status is TBA. :)

Judging by previous years it could probably be played on a Tuesday evening in June and a toss of a coin may decide the venue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement