Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football in Kilkenny whats the point?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Stinicker wrote: »
    Croke Park should be fining the Kilkenny Co. Board heavily for their failure to promote the game of Football and threten to exclude them from the Hurling Championship if they don't promote the game. Down here in Kerry practically the entire North of the County and down South in Kenmare and Kilgarvan are almost exclusively Hurling only. If Kerry took the same selfish approach to football that Kilkenny takes to Hurling then we could be winning the All-Ireland every single year and kill off the sport also. However the GAA stands for both codes and not one sport only.

Sure why don't we go the whole hog and exclude countys that don't compete in Ladies Football, Camogie, Handball and Rounders as well.
    99% of people in Kilkenny don't give a sh1t about football and its time people got over it. What's the point in trying to force the game there if there's no interest there.
    Down here in Kerry practically the entire North of the County and down South in Kenmare and Kilgarvan are almost exclusively Hurling only
    so basically these clubs are in the same position as kilkenny are in. :confused: off with their heads I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

I'm not very knowledgeable on the situation but in my opinion, if the various football panels enjoy playing their odd game of football for the county(even though they may get obliterated) then let them have it. I mean it would be unfair if the county board scrapped it, even though there is only a small minority in Kilkenny that enjoy football. But if the players hate it and don't want to play, then that's a totally, totally different thing. In my eyes then yes it should be scrapped. The county board would be wasting their time then!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Good Counsel College won the All Ireland B football championship in '93. Paddy Mullally was captain

They lost the All Ireland in '95, Richie Mullally was playing. There were 7 of the starting 15 from Kilkenny on that team.

There's good Footballers in kk, but no structures. The club result upthread supports this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭randd1

I see Dublin decimated Laois in the U21, 2-21 to 0-4. It follows on from last years abysmal results in U21 and senior hurling.

I'm moved to ask where's the outcry for Laois' funding to be cut until they improve in either, or both, codes? If we are to lambast Kilkenny over not doing enough to improve their poor football results, then clearly Laois are not doing enough at either code going by their results. Where's the uproar? Where's the indignity? Where's the claims that Laois are a disgrace to the GAA?

Or is the outcry over Kilkenny's results simply because Kilkenny are a successful hurling county? Just goes to show that sh**e results and performances are perfectly acceptable so long as your not successful at all. Everybody loves a trier, but can't stand a winner. I believe that's called begrudgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

A thread this big would be more appropriate discussing the greatness of Kilkenny hurling, not the state of football.

Just shows what this country is about. Begrudgers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement