Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is there likely to be FSA league this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

anyone know how to see last years league table? i am trying to start a new league(not renew it as running two side by side) and cant remember who was in it. I have renewed the league from last year but cant see who was in it as no one has regged. Both leagues should have both sets of people if that makes sense?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The Cavan Commandos are back after our bronze finish last year!

There's a lot of unknowns this season. Liverpool, Villa, Spurs, Norwich, West Brom, Swansea and it could be argued Chelsea all have new managers. That's seven established PL teams and then you have 3 new teams promoted. So its basically unknown how 50% of the PL will perform this season. A new manager can have a huge effect on a team. Just look at Sunderland last year when O'Neill came in.

Then there's the squads. Who'll play at Spurs, who'll play at Chelsea or United. I'm going to stick only to fully established players from these teams e.g. Cashley Cole at Chelsea, Terry or Torres, Rooney at United, Bale or Modric at Spurs. The likes of Valencia, Kagawa and Young at United, Hazard and Mata are Chelsea and Siggy at Spurs are out for me until its confirmed exactly what system the team are playing and who plays. I'd prefer to have a guaranteed 15 players who start rather than take a chance on a few and end up with three or four players not playing after the first weekend.

As per usual, I'll be aiming to play my first wildcard at the international break that comes after three gameweeks.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Public FSA leagues are up.
    Boards.ie FSA - 29640-10344

Boards.ie FSA H2H - 29640-18986

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79829123&postcount=2

If people could please direct people to the codes I just posted in this thread or the one in the link, that'd be very much appreciated. As well, I'll create the private FSA leagues when I get home in an hour or so and leave the codes here (I'll edit this post and maybe the OP as well) and in the link above.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Public FSA leagues are up.

If people could please direct people to the codes I just posted in this thread or the one in the link, that'd be very much appreciated. As well, I'll create the private FSA leagues when I get home in an hour or so and leave the codes here (I'll edit this post and maybe the OP as well) and in the link above.

Is there a private league as well? How many Boards leagues is there? I'm in 2 now and the head to head here as well.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is there a private league as well? How many Boards leagues is there? I'm in 2 now and the head to head here as well.

There have been four FSA leagues set up. Two classic and two head to head, one of each is a private league that people can join by PM'ing me for the code.

I imagine the soccer forum will have their own, as well as other forums across the site probably including the other two forums I mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If I submit my team now I can change it infinitely before the first GW right?

Silly question I know but better safe than sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,525 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Schism wrote: »
    If I submit my team now I can change it infinitely before the first GW right?

Silly question I know but better safe than sorry :)

Yup thats correct.

-Ade- wrote: »
    There have been four FSA leagues set up. Two classic and two head to head, one of each is a private league that people can join by PM'ing me for the code.

I imagine the soccer forum will have their own, as well as other forums across the site probably including the other two forums I mod.

What is the reasoning behind a private of each?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mata or Hazard? I have Mata at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mars Bar wrote: »

Debating it myself but I'll probably end up sticking with Mata at the start anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Mars Bar wrote: »

Mata involved in the euros and the Olympics so might not start the season due to fatigue etc, Hazard for me.

iMuse wrote: »
    Mata involved in the euros and the Olympics so might not start the season due to fatigue etc, Hazard for me.

Very good point, thanks. Also, some reports that Silva will be in and out of the team at the start of the season due to Euro 2012. Yaya could be a good option at £8.0m and will save £2.0m to spend elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Hazard, Kagawa, or Yaya?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

BKC wrote: »
    Hazard, Kagawa, or Yaya?
    i have all 3 plus Mata....atm

BKC wrote: »
    Hazard, Kagawa, or Yaya?

All 3? :) If I had to pick one I'd probably go for Yaya as he's cheaper and you know what you're going to get from him. At this stage Hazard and Kagawa are unknown quantities in the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

For me this year is harder than ever to pick an initial squad. So many options in midfield alone, also i'm not sure it will be possible to pack your defense with cheap players like it was with Newcastle and Swansea last season. Lots of new players on the scene, the manager merrygoround has been in full flow also, for me there's more variables than there ever has been before...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

does anyone know of any money leagues open to the public via boards or any other sites?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

does anyone know of any money leagues open to the public via boards or any other sites?

cheers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056706259

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭markoire

Sorry if its been posted or answered here before but does anyone have any idea why Chelsea and Reading have a double gameweek in the first week?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭SickBoy

markoire wrote: »
    Sorry if its been posted or answered here before but does anyone have any idea why Chelsea and Reading have a double gameweek in the first week?!
    I'm guessing it's something to do with Chelsea playing in the world club cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Could it have something to do with Chelsea playing in the Super cup the week after the league starts ? Maybe they just moved it up a few days because of that .

Could it have something to do with Chelsea playing in the Super cup the week after the league starts ? Maybe they just moved it up a few days because of that .
    3e521b28691e3c569b81c676cb1f4df5.png?1343148407

Anyone else finding the midfield hard to figure out?

Noble,Hazard,Yaya,Pienaar,Dembele are my current lot but still unsure.I am nearly certain Yaya will not be as far forward as he was late last season.

I am adamant on keeping Hazard as i think he will be a ff machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Is Ramires likely to be a starter in midfield this year for Chelski?? With Hazard and Mata and Lamps and Meireles all looking for a spot too? Good value at only 7mil if he is he done well last season!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Is Ramires likely to be a starter in midfield this year for Chelski?? With Hazard and Mata and Lamps and Meireles all looking for a spot too? Good value at only 7mil if he is he done well last season!?

Don't forget Mikel, Essien, Malouda, Marin, De Bruyne, Romeu, McEachran, Benayoun and even Sturridge if he's needed.

Chelsea's options in midfield scare me.

The only players I'd be willing to take a gamble on are Hazard and Mata. They've so many midfielders in there that they could put out a totally new midfield every game for the first month.

Don't forget Mikel, Essien, Malouda, Marin, De Bruyne, Romeu, McEachran, Benayoun and even Sturridge if he's needed.

Chelsea's options in midfield scare me.

The only players I'd be willing to take a gamble on are Hazard and Mata. They've so many midfielders in there that they could put out a totally new midfield every game for the first month.

Your not alone!!:confused::confused: But i would like to have some Chelsea cover for the dgw and cant afford Hazard or Mata, looks like i might have to bite the bullet and leave Silva out of my squad! at 10mil he just costs too much and im skimming in other areas where i could use the cash i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Your not alone!!:confused::confused: But i would like to have some Chelsea cover for the dgw and cant afford Hazard or Mata, looks like i might have to bite the bullet and leave Silva out of my squad! at 10mil he just costs too much and im skimming in other areas where i could use the cash i guess!

If it's just for the one week it might be worth gambling on Ramires. He will play at least one game out of the two and he may even play both of them.

If Silva plays like he did last year then he's worth the 10 million. He played a good few games for Spain over the summer though. Hard to know if he'll be fully fit for the start. He looked very jaded at the end of the season.

If it's just for the one week it might be worth gambling on Ramires. He will play at least one game out of the two and he may even play both of them.

If Silva plays like he did last year then he's worth the 10 million. He played a good few games for Spain over the summer though. Hard to know if he'll be fully fit for the start. He looked very jaded at the end of the season.

I was thinking that myself, his form dipped in the second half of the season but he seemed to come to life again at the very end and then he played very well in the euros, i reckon hes always worth a punt! decisions, decisions:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lamps will be the leftback on the bench this year!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement