Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists as Drs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Not sure if you're referring to me there.

I am not 'fighting a cause', I am asking legitimate questions as a layman.

The exam is not 'free' as it comes out of my taxes.

FdP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

FdP, Digzy writing 'free' with apostrophes is quite different to Digzy writing the word free with no apostrophes....
    You're quite entitled to ask legitimate questions as a layman.
    Re the charging extra for PPS checkups, just ring around a few practices& ask directly; mystery solved.
    Re the "Dr Vs Mr" dilemma, why not go straight to the source& ring the General Dental Council in the UK, or the Irish Dental Council here; both regulatory bodies.
    You first posted here on the 28th February. It's now the 8th of March.

Hi Dianthus,

It was the 'cop on' thing I found bad form.

"You're quite entitled to ask legitimate questions as a layman."

Indeed, I know.

"Re the charging extra for PPS checkups, just ring around a few practice& ask directly; mystery solved."

I assume most don't charge - so this one was a profiteer I'll also assume.

"Re the "Dr Vs Mr" dilemma, why not go straight to the source& ring the General Dental Council in the UK, or the Irish Dental Council here; both regulatory bodies."

Guidelines are only that and don't always reflect the views of those on the ground, and there are obviously differences of opinion, even among dentists, it seems.

"You first posted here on the 28th February. It's now the 8th of March."

There is no limit to threads I reckon.

Anyway, you'll also note my generally very positive experience. I have no axe to grind with dentists. I'd ask the same questions of any profession - dentists were just one I haven't had to deal with in years.

FdP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

That dentist may be a profiteer, but he couldn't be one unless people(patients) were paying him for his services. So we'll assume, as people are clearly paying over the odds, that he's either very good looking& charming, or-whisper it- a very good dentist indeed!? (He could even be both)
    There's been numerous opinions proferred, those opinions have been proven to vary amongst posters....so repeating the questions originally asked still isn't going to bring a definitive conclusion.
    Threads can continue ad infinitum; it's just nice to see a bit of variety in the posts, is all!
    And on a final note, no quibbles with an enquiring mind ;)
    Glad you'd a good experience after a long dental sabattical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Honestly...who cares? It's a name. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

FdP

how about those of us who pay it and dont get the free dental/optical exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

FdP

digzy wrote: »

Mmmm, so some of my taxes are going towards paying for your free exam and I'm not even entitled to the same free exam...:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Clinical Dental tech

Fdp should get out of the opposite side of the bed tomorrow because he's obviously got out of the wrong side today :(

digzy wrote: »

That's an issue for you to discuss with the Revenue or your TD, nothing to do with me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

That's an issue for you to discuss with the Revenue or your TD, nothing to do with me I'm afraid.

maybe i'll open a thread in 'consumer issues' moaning about it. keep on asking the same question over and over even though i know the answer already and getting my question answered on numerous occasions by other posters:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement