Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekly weekend rideout?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

Meeting at 12.30, leaving at 1.00 from the car park of O'Shea's pub, Clonskeagh Rd, D4. I have been a few runs before as mentioned, ( not saying I'm the expert :o !!!! ), only problem is some people turning up with 1,000+ cc bikes to a ' newbie ' run and blazing away only to be waiting at 2 or 3 villages ahead for everyone else to catch up etc and then repeating it all again. To be honest apart from showing off, I don't see any point in such a run and it's not fair to Newbies or pople out for a handy spin. In my experience, if a group stay to the speed limit, it should be ok for everyone to keep up regardless of their experience or size of bike. Weatherwise Sunday from mid day on is supposed to be ok.

We'll probably have a stop in Laragh and on through the gap. Anyway it's a learning curve and only 3 of us may be there, but it's a start, see ya there.

O'Shea's http://www.yelp.ie/biz/o-sheas-clonskeagh

anyone from nothside heading up i can meet up on the way im in artane ?
    Where we driven to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

kevin-46 wrote: »
    anyone from nothside heading up i can meet up on the way im in artane ?
    Where we driven to ?

i am thinking to change my mind and go... not sure, i will make decision based on my boss opinion, but if i will i could possible meet you on the way down.

Where about and what time?

i am working untill 8am in d morning and then again in the evening... so not much time to rest..

Bikerguy wrote: »
    i am thinking to change my mind and go... not sure, i will make decision based on my boss opinion, but if i will i could possible meet you on the way down.

Where about and what time?

i am working untill 8am in d morning and then again in the evening... so not much time to rest..

wat ever is the easiest are u goin the coast road i could meet you on the malahide road at (on the run petrol station )

wat ever is the easiest are u goin the coast road i could meet you on the malahide road at (on the run petrol station )

is that the place where the halfords is (coolock)? if so i can be there at 12:10 sharp - but i will confirm that in about 2 hours.

is that the place where the halfords is (coolock)? if so i can be there at 12:10 sharp - but i will confirm that in about 2 hours.

no after halfords there artand roundabout then on the run where the spin to ill sent u my number in message

• Advertisement

no after halfords there artand roundabout then on the run where the spin to ill sent u my number in message

well just tell me the name of the place and i will google it... cant find any run petrol station :)

then we gonna go down through city - ranelagh - sandyford - Clonskeagh ---> and then with lads :)

Update:
    confirmed i will meet you 2morrow.

IMG_20120624_145000.jpg

so small pic from today... :) Kevin rulez :) and his blazing fast ZZR ---> it was lovely easy ride, nice to meeting you guys :)

The whole point of a group rideout is that you stick together, enjoy the spin together and reach your destination as a group.

Enjoy the spin :)

thanks for today, nice to meet you mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

thanks for today, nice to meet you mate.

er... think you got me mixed up there bud, out of action with a fractured ankle at the moment :p

er... think you got me mixed up there bud, out of action with a fractured ankle at the moment :p

haha i did... :) hope you gonna get well soon :)

i ment "SaoriseBiker"

• Advertisement

IMG_20120624_145000.jpg

so small pic from today... :) Kevin rulez :) and his blazing fast ZZR ---> it was lovely easy ride, nice to meeting you guys :)

Thanks well i was keepin up with ur rsv

Thanks well i was keepin up with ur rsv

good joke, i was behind you 90% of the ride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Glad you guys had a blast....no road races on next week so back to sunday ride out for me and smiler. ;)

Will stick up a post on here saturday, but if you wanna go keep sunday free regardless usually meet at 12 in one of two places (Kilcock or Clane)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭SaoriseBiker

IMG_20120624_145000.jpg

From that pic Ed, I badly need a new bike !!!!!! :o:D Some acceleration on that ZZR Kevin, bet those Germans in the camper van are still wondering what passed them on the straight before Longwood.

Wouldn't make it next Sunday as Dublin are playing in Croke Park (as you now know I'm a Gaelic games fan, must say the game between Tipperary and Cork was first class and worth me stopping to watch. No point in holding you up either !!!!! ). Probably bump into some of you at Skerries in two weeks. No worries.

Should be out and about this sunday all going well....next a relaxing ROIDE after all the trips up north to the road races. :D

Anyone fancy a MULTI COLOURED 2 WHEELED CONVOY :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Would have been perfect for me Wonda, Im off work the weekend. Unfortunately the gear I ordered from Hein Ger on the 10th of this month still has not arrived. I spoke with customer service guy on Tuesday and he said it shipped on Thur 21st and could I give it another day or or so for it to arrive:(
    On their web site my order status says ''Processing'' so as far as I can tell it has not even shipped yet. I havent sat on the bike since myself and smiler popped out to you that time:( Realistically I should have popped out on a spin each day since my IBT to keep my confidence up. Looks like ill be staining another pair of jocks when I do finally get out again:p

Sure come out in anyway with us on sunday...if you want we can meet you in ur area for a spin it does not bother us. Getting you feeling comfortable is the key and we can go on from there.

Double up on the Denims again and use the bros Textile jacket. And you will be grand.

Send me your mobile via the pm will ya....we can go for a gentle spin mate nothing mad....but you will learn alot of smiler. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Only new to bikes hoping to get out with you guys for a spin soon:D

any one up for a spin this saturday to skerries races

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

nerrad1983 wrote: »

What part of Wicklow are you in, and what bike? May be down that way in the coming days and weeks and could head for a spin.

• Advertisement

nerrad1983 wrote: »

More then welcome mate...I am new to bikes aswell, was a year on 1st june so so so much to learn.

I will be out and about next week as at the road races friday and sat, so need to get my strength back up for next week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wicklowbiker

I hear that their is a big meet up planned for the first time for people from the various forums (here, Biker.ie, IrishBiker, Forum etc ) after Skerries in Dublin afterwards. I will post the details when I get them.

I will be out in Skerries friday and saturday so I would meet up for a sausage roll and a grin....

Post up details whenever you get them ;)

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I will be out in Skerries friday and saturday so I would meet up for a sausage roll and a grin....

Post up details whenever you get them ;)

where u cumin from ?

where u cumin from ?

I will be heading from Meath and meeting up with a chap for Kildare, might have to drop into "BIKEWORLD" on friday before hand with a faulty piece of kit but only take me 20mins to give someone a lug round the earhole mate.

I will be heading from Meath and meeting up with a chap for Kildare, might have to drop into "BIKEWORLD" on friday before hand with a faulty piece of kit but only take me 20mins to give someone a lug round the earhole mate.

alri im near the airport so handy for me might meet up with a few off use

Nah bother Kev, PM me your number and sure we can meet you near there on fri if you are going of sat if not. ;)

Nah bother Kev, PM me your number and sure we can meet you near there on fri if you are going of sat if not. ;)

bro text me the time and i will drive down and meet you guys so we can meet for example on texaco petrol airside -with Kevin and his ZZR :) and go together up... on friday or saturday - i dont mind anyway. Let me know..

Ed

bro text me the time and i will drive down and meet you guys so we can meet for example on texaco petrol airside -with Kevin and his ZZR :) and go together up... on friday or saturday - i dont mind anyway. Let me know..

Ed
    texaco sounds good

• Advertisement

texaco sounds good

yup lets see what Gary (wonda) is thinking i dont mind driving anyway. ed

Advertisement