Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxee Box media player £143 Amazon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The Apple TV3 is likely to be announced next week along with the iPad3.

Might be worth bearing in mind.....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭465

Just ordered one.
    Hope l've done the right thing because l've been reading a lot about this, on the Amazon US site for example and the reviews were middling and some people recommend the Roku 2 or the ATV2 instead and these were cheaper on the Amazon UK site, but l've done it now so fingers crossed.

Just one question, you guys seem to know a lot about this, is it possible for me to get live US events such as next years Oscars or US tv shows streamed live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

465 wrote: »
    Just ordered one.
    Hope l've done the right thing because l've been reading a lot about this, on the Amazon US site for example and the reviews were middling and some people recommend the Roku 2 or the ATV2 instead and these were cheaper on the Amazon UK site, but l've done it now so fingers crossed.

Just one question, you guys seem to know a lot about this, is it possible for me to get live US events such as next years Oscars or US tv shows streamed live?

Apps like Navi-x and The Tv App in Bartsidee Repo, as well as SOR-OMC make lots and lots of content available...

As regards more mainstream stuff, a 5 dollar per month UnblockUs dynamic DNS sub will give you all the US/ UK/ Canadian content.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭465

I bought the new WD media player back in December
    but when I played stuff streamed from my PC it kept
    pausing and stopping every few minutes,so assuming there was something wrong with I returned it for a full refund [the nice thing about Amazon]

I just received the Boxee Box this week but I am having the same problems
    streaming from my local network, so I think it may be my PC network that has the problem and not the media players?so can anyone suggest any resolution?

I found the quality of the Boxee when linked directly to a USB device absolutely
    superb and the on line features amazing, miles better than WD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

465 wrote: »
    and the on line features amazing, miles better than WD.

Hi, can u elaborate on which features thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement